Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC

I really wanted disagree with these reddit nerds.... But they make good points:yeshrug:
They make some good points but plenty of lesser horror films have made it to multi-sequel franchise status. So, a realistic list would be more like
1. Evil Bong
2. Human Centipede
3. Sharknado
4. Wishmaster
5. Leprechaun

But the bigger franchises do have more sequels, so I guess that helps their case.

abominable1

the fukkery, the sweet ,sweet fukkery
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
@RGM
breh as a person that has seen all of the movies in the franchise that you listed, you are definitely correct

But the theme to Evil Bong >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>:ohlawd:

While we are on it

Tubi needs a Sharknado like franchise

The stepmother is AIIIGHT, but not nothing on Sharknado's fukkery level

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
breh as a person that has seen all of the movies in the franchise that you listed, you are definitely correct

But the theme to Evil Bong >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>:ohlawd:

While we are on it

Tubi needs a Sharknado like franchise

The stepmother is AIIIGHT, but not nothing on Sharknado's fukkery level

Wicked Weed slaps!

I definitely agree that Tubi needs one big project to pop. One viral or memeable moment is all it really takes to get way more attention on a project. I think that's what some of their movies are "trying" to pull off...Baby Blue in particular. But I think you lose it once the fukkery starts to feel intentional. Sharknado was lightning in a bottle.

The funny thing is that I think there were better SyFy Shark horrors that ought to have gotten more love. Ghost Shark >>>> everything

I wish Tubi would try to do a few more Terror Trains. Take an older property that's not getting love and let people make something that respects the classic but reimagines it or make a sequel that recontextualizes it. Ironically, SyFy made the best of that formula too IMO. Their Slumberparty Massacre sequel was kinda genius.

abominable1

the fukkery, the sweet ,sweet fukkery
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
@RGM
Wicked Weed slaps!

I definitely agree that Tubi needs one big project to pop. One viral or memeable moment is all it really takes to get way more attention on a project. I think that's what some of their movies are "trying" to pull off...Baby Blue in particular. But I think you lose it once the fukkery starts to feel intentional. Sharknado was lightning in a bottle.

The funny thing is that I think there were better SyFy Shark horrors that ought to have gotten more love. Ghost Shark >>>> everything

I wish Tubi would try to do a few more Terror Trains. Take an older property that's not getting love and let people make something that respects the classic but reimagines it or make a sequel that recontextualizes it. Ironically, SyFy made the best of that formula too IMO. Their Slumberparty Massacre sequel was kinda genius.
Tubi should get the rights to Sleepaway Camp :russ:

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Tubi should get the rights to Sleepaway Camp :russ:
Campsite horror is always a good path. I'm kinda surprised we haven't gotten a The Blob do-over. There are so many paths to go with that thing.

The other throwbacks that could be golden are BasketCase, Prince of Darkness, and From Beyond.

Ironically, I was gonna say Stay Tuned NEEDS to be remade into a tv series. But it turns out AMC Studios is already working on that. I'd have pitched that to Netflix though. Let the family survive a bunch of Netflix shows and use it to double as promotion for their hit series.

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
13bde790dea9dd77_thumbnail.jpg

Watched this dumb ass shyt! :beli:

I want to file kidnapping charges for my time and attention!

Last edited:

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
The Talk to Me hype train is big after pre-screeners came back with everyone raving.

Rotten Tomatoes ratings are unreliable, but it's always a good start. The youtube reviewers I check for have been really enthusiastic about it so far.