Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

abominable1

the fukkery, the sweet ,sweet fukkery
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
@RGM
Some peak 80s fukkery

Don't go in the woods (1981)

it want to be the Burning so bad but fails miserably
I have heard it called the worst slasher ever made and they may not be exaggerating
bad acting - decent kills
but its an 80s movie , you come to expect it

probably on youtube

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
Cabin Girl: A former "living out my van" vlogger experienced something traumatic that made her give up the van life. She's just moved into a cabin in the boondocks. Of course, her trauma hasn't subsided yet and weird stuff is happening at the cabin. There's also an urban legend about a witch that may relate to everything happening to her.

This was decent, but I may be grading on a curve. The acting was better than some other Tubi disasters. The plot had a lot of convenient happenings but it actually builds a bit of mystery and finishes with a fairly satisfying twist. In the Tubi Original batch, this stood out (but remember...this is the Tubi batch, so temper expectations).
I saw this too. you said it, it was better than expected so it came off a little better than it probably really is.

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
The Deep Web: Murdershow: A dude makes a podcast investigating his sister's death. He finds out that his sister and her friends were messing with a website that catches people, auctions them off, then does webcam shows with the users paying to see depraved acts (on the dark web of course).

This one has a cool premise but underwhelming everything else...that is, until Brendan Fletcher's cameo, where he understood the assignment. The dude goes full camp with his performance, making for the most entertaining scenes in the movie. This one's campy, but it's got some really good ideas that could be the foundation of a good horror movie.
I started this and gave up halfway through. :mjlol:

abominable1

the fukkery, the sweet ,sweet fukkery
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
@RGM

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
My quest to find good, fresh horror on Tubi continues...

Baby Blue: Some teens decide to make a documentary at a hotel where a man exhibited bizarre behavior on an elevator before jumping off the building. In the process they stumble upon a serial killer's story and try to figure out how it connects to the hotel footage.

Convoluted isn't even the half of it. It stuffs in a lot of madness. There's a Ring-style curse, gross-out horror, serial killer videos, possession, torture, possession, and probably more that I forgot. It's kind of a mess, but at least everyone seems like they put some heart into it. The acting, the direction, the editing...they try things. Sometimes it's not bad, and sometimes it's pretty bad.

Let Us Prey: I thought this was a Tubi original, but it's not. Which is unfortunate because this one is decent. A strange man (Davos from GoT) ends up in a prison hold cell next to a handful of other troublemakers. He knows everyone's darkest secrets including the police that are present. As he interacts with each character, they begin to act in increasingly strange and violent ways.

This has a cool premise with a bit of mystery to it. I started off slightly annoyed at certain aspects of it (everyone in it is kind of a dikk), but it all started to make sense as the plot came together. The kills were vicious, there's some standout imagery, and I thought the conclusion was pretty satisfying besides one issue. This would be atop the Tubi list if it qualified.

The Tubi Horror Power Rankings so far:
1. Terror Train - I like this remake. It's not as good as the original, but it shows love for the OG version with enough changes not to be redundant.

2. Cabin Girls - This one's alright, which places it well above most of the pack.

3. Baby Blue - This one's got a lot of typical Tubi flaws, but at least they go for it. It's still tough to recommend, but on the Tubi scale, this is far from the worst.

4. The Deep Web Murdershow - Weak all-around, but it has a gonzo performance from the hacker character that puts it above the weakest batch.

5. Marry, fukk, Kill - The ridiculous backstory gives it a chance to make the "unintentionally funny" list. Otherwise, I did not like it.

6. No Filter - The content creator horror category has plenty of allegories that are better executed.