Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
What's hilarious is that this premise was already played out in season 1 of the TV series. Only thing is they had Geena Davis playing the adult Reagan role.
Yeah, the derivative aspect is what worries me moreso than the overall look. When fans tell a unique story with Easter eggs that show love for the original source material, it can work well. But it can also just be a lazy crutch to lean on.

The look, I’ll hold judgement on. That trailer cuts around too much to know how the cinematography will feel imo.

Last edited:

abominable1

the fukkery, the sweet ,sweet fukkery
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
@RGM
While I agree with a few of these and seen most of them

person who wrote this needed a proofreader and a fact checker
had the Wicker Man Coming out in 1873 :russ:

talking about no plans Exorcist remakes with a requel coming out shortly:scust:

DaRealness

I think very deeply
Daps
Reppin
LDN
The Exorcist trailer looked pretty cool. I was skeptical at first.

Obviously the original will always be the GOAT and there's no way you're gonna scare modern movie audiences on the same level as 50 years ago even if some of them are deeply religious, but it definitely looks worth checking out.

Last edited:

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
What's some recent good horror movies? Every now and then you'll find decent stuff on Tubi but I'm tired of gettigng 30 minutes into a horror movie and being like "This is some bullshyt"

Bit of a drought lately tbh. There's a couple in theaters that are getting love (Cobweb and Talk to Me). Other than that I liked Malum and Evil Dead Rise. If you want outside the box, I thought New Religion was trippy as hell.

Mandarin Duck

Majestic and Highfalutin
Daps
Reppin
Ponds
Bit of a drought lately tbh. There's a couple in theaters that are getting love (Cobweb and Talk to Me). Other than that I liked Malum and Evil Dead Rise. If you want outside the box, I thought New Religion was trippy as hell.
Man I ran into so much trash I been watching YT synopsis instead of watching the whole movie and I just watched a video on Malum. Seemed not too bad.

abominable1

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
@RGM
What's some recent good horror movies? Every now and then you'll find decent stuff on Tubi but I'm tired of gettigng 30 minutes into a horror movie and being like "This is some bullshyt"

:banderas:

its like the raid redemption meets Friday the 13th mixed in with a little Re-Animator.

abominable1

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
@RGM
Dude bro party massacre 3

its micro budget but decent
I believe I watched this years ago at a gathering but missed a lot of it
it popped up on my plex share, so we gave it a spin.

surprising cameos, decent gore , lots of toilet humor

its not the best horror comedy , but for what it is, its decent

Mother-Face :dead:

edit:
there is no part one or two