Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

Lord_nikon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
What’s a creepy horror movie y’all have watched lately (or any time) that has really gotten under your skin?

Like if you were a kid again and didn’t have to worry about paying the light bill, this movie would definitely keep them lights on at night.

Silent Hill (film) 2006

giphy.gif

KH2o.gif

4f1479eca9caad974fcc45cf78ebde2f66ec2ae8.gif

Duke Dixon

Superstar
Daps
What’s a creepy horror movie y’all have watched lately (or any time) that has really gotten under your skin?

Like if you were a kid again and didn’t have to worry about paying the light bill, this movie would definitely keep them lights on at night.

The ending to Sleepaway Camp made me turn the lights on. That shyt got me and I saw the spoof on Robot Chicken :mjlol:

I want to watch the series since its Summer. Might rewatch F13th and some other water/beach movies too. I don't think I really watched a F13th besides 4,6, 9, and FVJ in a couple years.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC

Gonjiam: Haunted Asylum had a couple of parts that hit for me and stuck. I have a bit of a bias toward asylum stuff to begin with though.

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

The unassuming Last Shift was the last to crept me out; especially when that cop turned around:lupe::damn::

LJLYDK!

All Star
Daps
I liked the movie Becky. A revenge horror where the girl is killing a bunch of neonazis feels like an easy premise to get behind. It's also an easy premise to make compelling sequels out of. The Wrath of Becky was fun as hell

Becky's gone full Laurie Strode training arc. She's damaged after the stuff from the original, but also ready to BODY anyone that messes with her. So when the next batch of White Supremacists come along, she's even more of a badass than last time. The bad guys are easy to hate, the kills are wild, and the plot doesn't try to do too much. It's just a good old-fashioned revenge film.

It kinda reminds me of John Wick's ability to keep pumping out new films...you don't need to do much with the plot for the sequels to land. Just give us hateable antagonists and creative kills. There's cynical sense of humor to the proceedings that help keep it from getting too vicious or dark. It's not winning any awards this season, but it's a wild ride. I'd totally sign up to watch a third installment and make this a trilogy.

Do we find out what the key from the first one is for in this?

abominable1

the fukkery, the sweet ,sweet fukkery
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
@RGM
Housekeeping (2015)

I did not think i would like this one
but it was actually a decent flick
like the Babadook with a dash of Black Swan

very cerebral type of flick.
usually not my speed, but this ne surprised me

Lucy Castillo, a young med student, has just given up a prized summer internship to bail out her troubled younger brother, Sal... again. He needs cash fast, and after being unable to find a job, Lucy reluctantly accepts the too-good-to-be-true position as a housekeeper offered to her through a friend of a friend. For only three weeks work, she will be paid enough to get Sal out of trouble. Things start to take a disturbing turn, however, as the job reveals itself to be anything but normal. Her never-seen employer seems to have a dark side, and Lucy's own haunted past begins to reappear, tormenting her. In the vein of thrillers such as Polanski's REPULSION and Aronofsky's BLACK SWAN, Lucy's grip on reality disappears as her job spirals out of control and Sal's life hangs in the balance.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Silent Hill (film) 2006

giphy.gif

KH2o.gif

4f1479eca9caad974fcc45cf78ebde2f66ec2ae8.gif
The ending to Sleepaway Camp made me turn the lights on. That shyt got me and I saw the spoof on Robot Chicken :mjlol:

I want to watch the series since its Summer. Might rewatch F13th and some other water/beach movies too. I don't think I really watched a F13th besides 4,6, 9, and FVJ in a couple years.
Gonjiam: Haunted Asylum had a couple of parts that hit for me and stuck. I have a bit of a bias toward asylum stuff to begin with though.
Very nice. I still haven’t watched Silent Hill (2006) but the games always managed to creep me out. The sound design in P. T. alone…

I knew one of y’all were gonna mention Sleepaway Camp and yeah, that end visual is so fukked. I think what caught me off guard about it the most was just how different it was from the rest of the film.

The most recent scene to creep me out was the walking ghost lady in Kairo (2001). When I hear of people having sleep paralysis episodes, that’s the type of nightmarish stuff I envision in them. :merchant:

Toni Collette nonchalantly creepin’ on the dark ceiling in Hereditary is another one. The first time I watched this on the big screen, I didn’t even know she was up there in the bedroom until a rewatch later. Made it 20x more creepy and the moment will live rent-free in my head forever. :hubie:

Gonna check out Gonjiam tonight and see what’s up. Asylums sound like an amazing setting for horror.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
The unassuming Last Shift was the last to crept me out; especially when that cop turned around:lupe::damn::
This is another good one. I probably would’ve enjoyed Malum way more had I not watched this shyt beforehand. It had some crazy out there moments as well, but nothing to the level of that.

Duke Dixon

Superstar
Daps
Toni Collette nonchalantly creepin’ on the dark ceiling in Hereditary is another one. The first time I watched this on the big screen, I didn’t even know she was up there in the bedroom until a rewatch later. Made it 20x more creepy and the moment will live rent-free in my head forever. :hubie:

I need to rewatch Hereditary. I think the fear factor was lost on me because at the end of the movie I was just :gladbron: "They doing a Rosemary Baby!"

I'm also sure I missed stuff. I saw a video of stuff that I missed in Midsommar.