Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
So Amazon Prime just dropped a Puerto Rican reimagining of Sweeney Todd, and it takes place in Washington Heights (Kinda trippy for me...a Puerto Rican from the Heights). First few episodes have been entertaining; a bit of horror-comedy.

It's a got a bit of a You vibe, thanks to the inner monologue and fish-out-of-water energy. Plus there are some little nods that make it feel a little more like the Heights which I appreciate. There hasn't been much to watch lately, so this is a refreshing watch.

Dirty Mcdrawz

Your girl loves em....
Daps
So Amazon Prime just dropped a Puerto Rican reimagining of Sweeney Todd, and it takes place in Washington Heights (Kinda trippy for me...a Puerto Rican from the Heights). First few episodes have been entertaining; a bit of horror-comedy.

It's a got a bit of a You vibe, thanks to the inner monologue and fish-out-of-water energy. Plus there are some little nods that make it feel a little more like the Heights which I appreciate. There hasn't been much to watch lately, so this is a refreshing watch.

I started watching this last night and got to ep3. It’s cool but I kind of wished I didn’t watch the trailer first. Trailer spoiled too much for me. Imo the Sweeney Todd twist would have been a nice reveal if the trailer didn’t reveal almost everything about the show imo.

Last edited:

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I started watching this last night and got ep3. It’s cool but I kind of wished I didn’t watch the trailer first. Trailer spoiled too much for me. Imo the Sweeney Todd twist would have been a reveal nice if the trailer didn’t reveal almost everything about the show imo.

I felt similar, but rather than the trailer giving it away; the ending song for episode one gave it away. Then I saw the trailer and I guess they meant for the connection to be part of the marketing of the show. I think it could have made a great early twist.

Dirty Mcdrawz

Your girl loves em....
Daps
I felt similar, but rather than the trailer giving it away; the ending song for episode one gave it away. Then I saw the trailer and I guess they meant for the connection to be part of the marketing of the show. I think it could have made a great early twist.
Yeah they should have most def held off the twist until episode 3.

Straw Hat Luffy

Veteran
Daps
I saw insidious too! it was just ok! I would've waited for iTunes if I wasn't a horror fan! 😹
Yeah it was okay

I felt like it never left the first gear. The conclusion felt super soft too— I was surprised considering the OG cast is back to finish the story

The story of the family conflict carried the movie imo

Lord_nikon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
For my 80's brehs,, anyone seen spacehunter,, it's B movie crack rock. lol.... this movie had me scared as fukk as kid :damn:

81toSzNs7oL._SY445_.jpg

:damn: help me !!!
Spacehunter-7.png

Duke Dixon

Superstar
Daps
I thought The Blackening was average to below average. It's definitely more comedy than horror. The saving grace is the group actually seems like they were friends.

Really only one character had me cracking up but I think I was laughing at him more than with him. I guess that proves his motivationright for be the killer i guess. Idk.

There were Some descent nods to horror in there. There's I'm guessing a Friday the 13th part IV nod but I might be looking to hard for that. Also the 1st Scream.

Another slight spoiler I dont know how the people got the question wrong at the beginning. They just talked about The People Under the Stairs. Also Jada Pinkett died in Scream 2 but lived in Demon Knight.

Last edited: