Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Thanks @storyteller for putting me on The Borderlands

Dope movie :wow:

Regular mass going on, while they sacrificing babies downstairs :dead:

It was never god's church

They had the priest fukked up

MARK! MARK! MARK!

I've got it in my top tier for the found footage genre. It's foul in all the best ways!

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I checked out Spring and Synchronic, because I'm a big fan of the Endless and Resolution. I think the latter films are the better movies from Writer/Director Justin Benson. But the former are both pretty cool in their own right.

Spring's the weakest of the bunch IMO. It's about a grieving dude who's aimless and gets into some trouble. So he runs to Italy, where he meets and starts dating a local woman. But she's got way more going on than he realizes. This is a romance with a horror backdrop. The plot feels a bit wonky at times, but it has some cool ideas.

Synchronic is the least horror of the four movies. Two paramedics keep coming across a new synthetic drug at these unexplainable deaths. Meanwhile, one of the paramedics finds out he's sick and the other's daughter goes missing with signs that she may have taken that sketchy synthetic drug.

Synchronic is a pretty cool concept, with Anthony Mackie doing a good job as the lead. There's a bit of mystery early and then a pretty cool discovery process that follows. The only reason I prefer Resolution and Endless is that they're straight horror movies. But Justin Benson did a great job again. I know he's had a hand in some Marvel tv episodes, but I hope he blesses us with another horror.

abominable1

the fukkery, the sweet ,sweet fukkery
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
@RGM

abominable1

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
@RGM
Desecrated (2013)

its not bad- but entertaining enough
its like a ultra violent lifetime flick with a great ending.

abominable1

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
@RGM
How are y’all finding out about these horror movies? Never even heard of most of the ones you guys bring up.
and CBM has a horror and sci fi section

plus i have a truly unreasonable movie backlog
probably upwards of 1000 or more
I'll get on a horror kick , then sci fi

the coli anime brehs have pulled me back into that lane as well

i cut the cord around 2008
i jumped into
Plex shares, and any new horror that is on the net, they have it in like a day or two,
i just add to the watchlist and just scroll through and watch whatever i am in the mood for.

and chrome is so intrusive my feed is nothing but horror ,anime and comics.

Last edited:

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
What’s a creepy horror movie y’all have watched lately (or any time) that has really gotten under your skin?

Like if you were a kid again and didn’t have to worry about paying the light bill, this movie would definitely keep them lights on at night.