Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

abominable1

the fukkery, the sweet ,sweet fukkery
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
@RGM
20th anniversary of high tension.

Will probably re watch some time later

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC

To this day, I get annoyed at how people overstate the plot twist ruining the movie. The tension, the kills, and the chase are all still top-notch, and it really was a great introduction to the French new wave of horror for American audiences. The first time I saw it, I thought it was the scariest thing I'd seen in ages.

Also, the twist gives way to one of my favorite final jump scares ever. It's a really simple one, but it hits.

I'm pretty sure I saw High Tension listed on Tubi or maybe Shudder...Shudder dropped a bunch of the french new extremity joints, a few I haven't seen.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I watched Margaux and loved it...though it's pure modern camp. Some college kids move into an AI-controlled Smart-Home for a weekend getaway. But it's a killer AI, taking on the role of a slasher working its way through the cast one by one.

All the campy slasher tropes and flaws apply. Drugs and sex lead to death; the nice girl has to get tough to evolve to final girl; horror-logic keeps our victims from doing the smart thing and running...but it's dopy fun in all the best ways. From the AI using modern slang in a robotic voice to an over-the-top conclusion that barely makes sense but leads to a really cool ending...it's just dumb fun.

This one's firmly in the so bad it's good realm for me.

Bmezy

All Star
Daps

This movie spooked me soo bad.. I was in elementary school