Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
The Stuff (1985)
The-Stuff-poster.jpg

Mo Rutherford was a different leading guy in a horror movie. He was from the south and talked slow but he always used his brain. My favorite character was Garrett Morris(Martin's boss at the radio station and Uncle Junior on The Jamie Foxx Show) as Chocolate Chip Charlie who I'm guessing is this movie universe's Famous Amos. Pretty much every line he said was pure comedy. Paulie from Goodfellas was good too even though he was :mjpls: The special effects showed their age and the movie felt weirdly edited but it was still a good time.
The Stuff (1985) aka the mysterious “whipped topping” Sonic Drive-In be putting on their shakes…
full

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Another heaven (2000)

Japanese Sci-fi Horror
serial killer/entity from the future possesses people and turns them into murderers

This was hard to find. Zany movie but I enjoyed it.

I watched some 80s Horror Comedies about taking over the world including the OG Slither

Society (1989)
SocietyPoster.jpg

This movie was pretty fun all the way through for me. I laughed a bunch and was invested all the way through. Might be because I thought Clarissa looks like Jessica Alba.

The ending though:mjtf:
I swear this was my face throughout the last 20 minutes:gucci::hhh::picard::damn::skip::russ::snoop::mjlol:

I'd recommend this to any horror fan, it might be too much for some people. This is the kind of movie you want to see how someone reacts to the end but you don't want to show the wrong person or else they'd think you're crazy.

Night of the Creeps (1986)
Nightofthecreepsposter.jpg

I really had a lot of fun watching this one. The two guys reminded me of the duo from Weird Science. Tom Atkins stole the show with his cigarette in every scene. The fat cop eating a different sandwich at every crime scene was killing me:mjlol: This was the funniest of the bunch.

The Stuff (1985)
The-Stuff-poster.jpg

Mo Rutherford was a different leading guy in a horror movie. He was from the south and talked slow but he always used his brain. My favorite character was Garrett Morris(Martin's boss at the radio station and Uncle Junior on The Jamie Foxx Show) as Chocolate Chip Charlie who I'm guessing is this movie universe's Famous Amos. Pretty much every line he said was pure comedy. Paulie from Goodfellas was good too even though he was :mjpls: The special effects showed their age and the movie felt weirdly edited but it was still a good time.

Gonna give all these a watch. Pretty sure I've seen Night Of The Creeps decades ago but I don't remember anything.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I was wrong it did happen in The Stuff but it was 1 dog.

The movie is on Tubi and that scene starts at 20:25.
Good looks on the timestamp. Since it's on Tubi, I think I'ma have to make it a full rewatch real soon. I gotta suggest the Stuff to the Last Drive-In. I'd love to hear Joe Bob's takes and stories about it.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
There is powerful fukkery at work with this one
Yakuza apocalypse (2015)

think John Wick, the raid, and Japanese vampire lore and its basically this movie
Action horror with the focus on Action

Another Dollar Tree pickup. Thought it was pretty solid. The Mad Dog from the Raid is in it.

Some dude dressed in a frog suit. :mjlol:

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I started a movie that just dropped on Screambox, and it had such a bizarre and unsettling opening that I decided to wait until I can get into the right state of mind to get fully absorbed into the creepy vibes.

The trailer already caught my interest, but the opening few sequences have me really optimistic that this is gonna be a good one.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I watched New Religion, and it's hard to explain. It was effective as hell! But the ending was abrupt and ambiguous to a fault IMO. I think it's the only weak point of an otherwise great new horror movie.

Synopsis: Miyabi's life fell apart after losing her daughter in an accident. She works as a call, going through life in a detached manner. That's until she picks up a new client who wants to photograph parts of her body. Each time he photographs a body part, Miyabi begins to feel her daughter's presence with that part (a hand touching her leg or running along her spine for example). But as Miyabi gets closer to her daughter, she becomes more detached from reality. Meanwhile, violent crimes are inexplicably picking up around Japan.

My thoughts: The whole movie has this strange, uncanny-valley feeling. The film is grainy, and the visuals are dreamlike but always striking. The characters are weird but not unrealistic...they just exist in a really cynical landscape. None of it should make sense, but it all adds up. That applies to pace, character behaviors and reactions, and color schemes. The whole damned movie is lsd trip through a waking dream.

I was completely absorbed in the weirdness and the vibes. The lead actress is incredible as Miyabi. The visuals and sounds are haunting as all hell. It never has to rely on jump scares because it's just creepy. You're always tense, and something's always off...it's stressful in the best way.

Everything peaks at a moment that feels inspired by the conclusion of the movie Audition (and does it justice IMO).

The downsides are that it's a fairly slow movie. A lot of the plot is character-driven, while the big eventful stuff is scattered but hits when you reach it. Miyabi's performance is carrying the hell outta this movie. But she's that good! You get a movie about loss crafted in an eerie way that adds some otherworldly, inexplicable nastiness along the way.

This just leapt into my contenders for Horror movie of the year. The best part is it looks like this is Keishi Kondo's debut as a writer and director. This shyt is so distinct that I can't wait to see what he'll do next.

Last edited: