Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Rewatched Paranormal Activity: Next of Kin...I think it's got faults like dragging at points and having the MC's act pretty foolishly. But it's still a really good pivot in a new direction, and the final act is genuinely good (everything from when they sneak into the church on).

It won't hold up to the best in the Found Footage genre, but it's firmly on the "pretty good" tier which puts it ahead of a decent chunk of the genre.

abominable1

the fukkery, the sweet ,sweet fukkery
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
@RGM
the antique shop (2022)

beautifully shot horror film
well acted
some of the stories are just........boring

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
The-blackening-poster.png

5/10. Wait till streaming. Saw an early screening. Alot of non-black people were laughin a little too hard :unimpressed::mjpls:

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I've talked about it a few times, but Horror Heads should really take at least one year to visit Universal Studios during their Halloween Horror Nights event. They have incredible haunted houses, with a few based on great horror movies. I went last year and got to walk through a straight embodiment of the original Halloween...They also had the Black Phone set up which was creepy as hell to stroll through. Then there were around 10 more long walk-throughs, from haunted pirates, to Chupacabras, to mutants in a dystopian NYC subway system...lots of dope ish.

Anyway, I'm already booked to go back this year and the announcements have started. We're getting a Chucky haunted house and just announced, a full walk-through for The Last of Us.

You'll navigate a post-apocalyptic world filled with infected humans and hostile survivors.

"The Last of Us" house will feature iconic locations from the game, such as the Hotel Grand and a labyrinth of tunnels.

Universal's Halloween Horror Nights open Sept. 1 and will haunt Central Florida on select nights through Oct. 31.

“As a massive fan – and frequent attendee – of Halloween Horror Nights, we are honored to have ‘The Last of Us’ included in this year’s lineup. It has been an incredible thrill for us at Naughty Dog to collaborate with Universal, bringing the world of the game to life, focusing on even the tiniest details that our fans know so well,” Naughty Dog Co-President Neil Druckmann said. “Having just celebrated the 10th anniversary of ‘The Last of Us,’ it’s a perfect time for our fans to team up with Joel and Ellie and come face-to-terrifying-face with Clickers, Raiders and much more!”

Realm-Breaker

Sometimes known as Were-Breaker/Cunning Linguist
Daps
Reppin
Realm far from here
I've talked about it a few times, but Horror Heads should really take at least one year to visit Universal Studios during their Halloween Horror Nights event. They have incredible haunted houses, with a few based on great horror movies. I went last year and got to walk through a straight embodiment of the original Halloween...They also had the Black Phone set up which was creepy as hell to stroll through. Then there were around 10 more long walk-throughs, from haunted pirates, to Chupacabras, to mutants in a dystopian NYC subway system...lots of dope ish.

Anyway, I'm already booked to go back this year and the announcements have started. We're getting a Chucky haunted house and just announced, a full walk-through for The Last of Us.

the last of us house sounds sick! i might have to go! 😹

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
i'm trying to find this movie. I'm pretty sure it's still just pretty new. but i want to see it. It's a found footage movie called Streamer.

so i found a link to this but it's in Korean and the subs are chinese. :beli: And this shyt was deep off in the internet. LOL still waiting.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]

I still haven’t gone :mjcry: and feel like I missed out big time during that 2006-2008 stretch. I’ve wanted to go for years but I’ve always been preoccupied with shyt during the season. I watch the POV walkthroughs on YouTube but as you know, that shyt just ain’t the same lol.

It was exciting whenever I kept in tune with the marketing. The commercials that aired on TV from what I remember were actually creepy. The ones with Caretaker, Jack the Clown, and Bloody Mary. :banderas:

Would be cool if The Coli brought groups back because I would be down with starting up one and possibly arranging an annual meet-up at HHN. That is if the folks in here are also down with the idea.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I still haven’t gone :mjcry: and feel like I missed out big time during that 2006-2008 stretch. I’ve wanted to go for years but I’ve always been preoccupied with shyt during the season. I watch the POV walkthroughs on YouTube but as you know, that shyt just ain’t the same lol.

It was exciting whenever I kept in tune with the marketing. The commercials that aired on TV from what I remember were actually creepy. The ones with Caretaker, Jack the Clown, and Bloody Mary. :banderas:

Would be cool if The Coli brought groups back because I would be down with starting up one and possibly arranging an annual meet-up at HHN. That is if the folks in here are also down with the idea.
We had briefly talked about doing a meet-up at a horror convention (I think one in Atlantic City came up bc a bunch of the regular posters were from the Northeast at that point), but it never came to fruition...pandemic prolly murked any hopes at that point.

HHN would definitely be a cool spot for a meet-up. It's a big ass party with a TON of haunted houses, scare zones all over the park, all types of cocktails served around the way...it's a good time. My family went last year, and immediately started planning a return trip for this year.

abominable1

the fukkery, the sweet ,sweet fukkery
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
@RGM
zombie beach party (2003) or one of 4 other aliases

luchadores, wrasslin, nudity and a zombie apocalypse

its meh, quite a bit of blood though

they needed better actors

Last edited:

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
We had briefly talked about doing a meet-up at a horror convention (I think one in Atlantic City came up bc a bunch of the regular posters were from the Northeast at that point), but it never came to fruition...pandemic prolly murked any hopes at that point.

HHN would definitely be a cool spot for a meet-up. It's a big ass party with a TON of haunted houses, scare zones all over the park, all types of cocktails served around the way...it's a good time. My family went last year, and immediately started planning a return trip for this year.
Damn, that would’ve been nice. Never been to a horror convention either. Dunno what’s on the horizon but we could plan something. I won’t forget this.

I’m kinda shocked they didn’t announce a Five Nights at Freddy’s house (yet) with the movie just around the corner.

And of course they pick the Pittsburgh Hotel level from TLOU, prob the most nerve-wracking part of the game, to model the house after. Of course. I’m jealous of y’all fr.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Damn, that would’ve been nice. Never been to a horror convention either. Dunno what’s on the horizon but we could plan something. I won’t forget this.

I’m kinda shocked they didn’t announce a Five Nights at Freddy’s house (yet) with the movie just around the corner.

And of course they pick the Pittsburgh Hotel level from TLOU, prob the most nerve-wracking part of the game, to model the house after. Of course. I’m jealous of y’all fr.

Five Nights at Freddy's is one of the big rumors. The other one everyone seems sure of is Demon Slayer (which is dope because i'm an anime head). But with all their advertising based around myst this year, I'm PRAYING that they found an excuse to give us a Silent Hill house. I think that'd be incredible.

...I also hope they bring the Killer Clowns from Outer Space stuff over from their California show last year.

It's really a dope experience. And I'd def be down to link at a horror convention or maybe a film festival or some ish. I'd be searching for the thread og's to message and bring along. Where the hell is @Nicole0416_718_929_646212 @MartyMcFly and the rest of the crew!?

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Five Nights at Freddy's is one of the big rumors. The other one everyone seems sure of is Demon Slayer (which is dope because i'm an anime head). But with all their advertising based around myst this year, I'm PRAYING that they found an excuse to give us a Silent Hill house. I think that'd be incredible.

...I also hope they bring the Killer Clowns from Outer Space stuff over from their California show last year.

It's really a dope experience. And I'd def be down to link at a horror convention or maybe a film festival or some ish. I'd be searching for the thread og's to message and bring along. Where the hell is @Nicole0416_718_929_646212 @MartyMcFly and the rest of the crew!?
Killer Klowns would be dope…and fukkin’ Demon Slayer?! That’d be wild. :whoo: Yeah, I gotta give props to them for mixing things up in general. It could’ve easily been set around just modern-day and throwback horror but they seem to be doing more.

Noticed @BXKingPin82 went missing as well. Jello popped through a while back. @Nicole0416_718_929_646212 got a timeshare with the bushes. If the new Spider-Verse ain’t brought @MartyMcFly back here yet then it’s GG.

I take it a lot of the vets have either been busy with life or got tired of the forum. I see some just lurk now and throw a dap every once in a while. Saw a fairly new poster the other day willingly tag along into a guaranteed loss ban bet just to peace out. shyt was :dead: and understandable :francis: .

Site being a ghost town on the maintenance front doesn’t help. I look at the donation list and see the community actively pitching in. Trolls as mods, can’t update your avi promptly, the monthly Netflix is dying/superhero fatigue threads over here, the console wars over there, the reactionary and low-effort threads in the Seum, etc.

...it’s tiring, ngl.

*end rant*