Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I think Shudder gave us a pretty good one here...

Nocebo is weird in all the good ways. A successful fashion designer has a sickness that has her on HELLA meds but nothing is working. Then a Filipino house keeper comes along and starts using some remedies that are bizarre but work. Of course all the strangeness spirals into madness, but they do it in a pretty cool way. It started a little bit slow, but escalated in a way that really grabbed me. I was so caught up in the narrative that I wasn't looking for any clever twists or answers, I just went where the plot took me. That made the surprises in the final act more effective to the point of a couple of times where I was cursing out loud like " :damn: OH SHEEEEEEIT!!!!"

So yeah, I enjoyed it...a lot. I think I'll get back to the village folk lore horror trilogy this weekend, so I should have more fairly obscure joints to tell yall about soon.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
There is probably less than 15 horror movies ever made that I consider good. :jbhmm:
200w.gif

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I liked the first Becky, it was a pleasant surprise just how entertaining it was.

BECKY 2: Wrath Of Becky​

Two years after she escaped a violent attack on her family, Becky attempts to rebuild her life in the care of an older woman - a kindred spirit named Elena. But when a group known as the “Noble Men” break into their home, attack them, and take her beloved dog, Diego, Becky must return to her old ways to protect herself and her loved ones.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
The only movies I haven't seen on that list are A Bay of Blood and The Driller Killer.

Of the rest I think the most underrated of the bunch is Martin. I would put it with The Amusement Park as one of Romero's forgotten works.

And I am not a big fan of the original The Crazies. The 2010 remake is a much better movie to me.

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
The Tank
After mysteriously inheriting an abandoned coastal property, Ben and his family accidentally unleash an ancient, long-dormant creature that terrorized the entire region—including his own ancestors—for generations.

:jbhmm:So the relic in a tropical place?:ehh: