Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Who remembers Warlock?

And arachnophobia?

It appears Julian Sands, the Warlock himself, is probably dead following an avalanche:

I figured Julian Sands was likely dead once it got to a week and no one had an idea where he was.
That has to be a messed up way to go out...succumbing to the elements while lost out in the woods.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Watched Winnie the Pooh: Blood & Honey and I really wish I hadn't.
The idea of a Winnie the Pooh horror movie is interesting but the execution needs a couple things in my opinion:

1. A decent budget to pull of live action versions of Pooh and his homies
2. Characters to give a damn about when Pooh and them start murdering folks
3. A sense of humor

Blood & Honey was lacking in all three categories.

Pooh, Piglet etc looked like cheap Halloween Adventure masks worn by husky dudes in overalls.
None of the characters in the movie were root worthy not even Christopher Robin who was awful.
You cannot make a movie about a murderous Winnie the Pooh that is this humorless.

All the laughs I had were at the expense of the movie and some of the bizarre decisions the creators made like Pooh having this deadly karate chop that he was unleashing on people but I wasn't laughing along with it.

This shyt was just bad.

I give 'Winnie the Pooh: Blood & Honey' 1 out of 4 Gun-Totin' Dr. Loomis'
39TDtmo.png

Realm-Breaker

Sometimes known as Were-Breaker/Cunning Linguist
Daps
Reppin
Realm far from here
congrats on the posts! here's my movies! 😹 in no order!
  1. Drag me to hell
  2. it follows
  3. paranormal activity 1
  4. get out
  5. the VVitch
  6. Evil Dead
  7. the conjuring
  8. the babadook
  9. Species 1
  10. Jennifer's Body
  11. The thing
  12. Alien
  13. IT part 1
  14. Hereditary
  15. Pirahana
  16. Terrifier
  17. Trick Or treat
  18. Rubber(😹)
  19. Under the Skin
  20. Halloween series
  21. nightmare on elem street series
  22. Friday the 13th series
  23. scream 1
  24. X
  25. Pearl

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
speak-no-evil-2022-horror.jpg

shyt so poorly written and could have been great.

You got a couple that is unhumanly passive. But the writer gives no back story or explanation for that!

So they make decisions no one would make.

Now maybe one of the two could be like that but both and regardless no explanation why. :why:

This literally on par with the white people in 80 slasher movies doing stupid shyt as a plot device.

Literally a cheap way to make the story progress without doing any decent writing and plot development.

I swear horror movies are the worst!

This could have been so good cause of plot twist too.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
speak-no-evil-2022-horror.jpg

shyt so poorly written and could have been great.

You got a couple that is unhumanly passive. But the writer gives no back story or explanation for that!

So they make decisions no one would make.

Now maybe one of the two could be like that but both and regardless no explanation why. :why:

This literally on par with the white people in 80 slasher movies doing stupid shyt as a plot device.

Literally a cheap way to make the story progress without doing any decent writing and plot development.

I swear horror movies are the worst!

This could have been so good cause of plot twist too.
Blasphemy :picard:😞

Horror movies are the best! although I know Shudder has been on a downward trend these past few months. That movie like you said had major problems - the execution was flawed. My Shudder AMC+ subscription may get canceled for awhile until they come up with better quality content; they’re becoming the cerebral version of TUBI. Nothing but slow burn psychological movies en masse with little payoff - doing the quantity over quality thing

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Peeped a thriller called the Man from Reno that was alright.

"A mystery outside of San Francisco brings together small-town sheriff Paul Del Moral, Japanese author Aki Akahori, and a traveler from Reno who soon disappears, leaving behind his suitcase and a trail of questions."

This was shot pretty well, and the MCs were genuinely interesting characters with some depth to them. I really enjoyed the build-up and some of the tense scenes that it led to. But the ending was disappointing...unfulfilling is the word that comes to mind. I still appreciated some of the cinematography and the way they drew me in, but it could have been much better.

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Watched Winnie the Pooh: Blood & Honey and I really wish I hadn't.
The idea of a Winnie the Pooh horror movie is interesting but the execution needs a couple things in my opinion:

1. A decent budget to pull of live action versions of Pooh and his homies
2. Characters to give a damn about when Pooh and them start murdering folks
3. A sense of humor

Blood & Honey was lacking in all three categories.

Pooh, Piglet etc looked like cheap Halloween Adventure masks worn by husky dudes in overalls.
None of the characters in the movie were root worthy not even Christopher Robin who was awful.
You cannot make a movie about a murderous Winnie the Pooh that is this humorless.

All the laughs I had were at the expense of the movie and some of the bizarre decisions the creators made like Pooh having this deadly karate chop that he was unleashing on people but I wasn't laughing along with it.

This shyt was just bad.

I give 'Winnie the Pooh: Blood & Honey' 1 out of 4 Gun-Totin' Dr. Loomis'
39TDtmo.png
I know it was going to be bad off the trailer but not this bad. I still need to watch it for myself but damn, only 1 gun totin Loomis
:gucci::deadrose:

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Who remembers Warlock?

And arachnophobia?

It appears Julian Sands, the Warlock himself, is probably dead following an avalanche:

That's sad. The Warlock movies (the first two) were cool to me. That warlock was cold-blooded and he played the role well. Arachnophobia is the GOAT spider movie to me, only competition being Eight Legged Freaks.

Prayers up for him whether on this side or the other.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You

Horror movies are the best! although I know Shudder has been on a downward trend these past few months. That movie like you said had major problems - the execution was flawed. My Shudder AMC+ subscription may get canceled for awhile until they come up with better quality content; they’re becoming the cerebral version of TUBI. Nothing but slow burn psychological movies en masse with little payoff - doing the quantity over quality thing
I have thought for awhile now that Shudder has too many navel gazing, high minded, A24-or-bust types curating their new movie selection.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I know it was going to be bad off the trailer but not this bad. I still need to watch it for myself but damn, only 1 gun totin Loomis
:gucci::deadrose:
I was hoping for a "so bad it's awesome" type of movie but these silly b*stards seem to have actually taken this ridiculous idea seriously and thought they were making a straight horror classic or some shyt.
Despite the issues I had with the movie itself, the people who made the Banana Splits horror movie approached things with the right mindset.

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I have thought for awhile now that Shudder has too many navel gazing, high minded, A24-or-bust types curating their new movie selection.
I remember when shudder was our go to horror streaming service in here off the strength of their originals about 3 years ago - we were living good off that for a minute but post pandemic - it’s not giving like it used to. The game has been heavily saturated with the larger network platforms developing their own apps and shudder having more competition. Shudder is over-doing the indie artsy horror subgenre to the point of it being pretentious to watch. I was expecting more from them especially after HOST.

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane

My opinions about movies, especially horror diametrically oppose most people. :manny:

I think horror is the genre that has the least amount of quality content.

For me there is no movie that will scare me so the story has to intrigue me.

There is probably less than 15 horror movies ever made that I consider good. :jbhmm:

The few I like, I hear most people say they didn't!

I would have lked this movie if it was written in a way yo flesh out the reasoning for the passiveness of the couple.

The way this was written it made me feel nothing.
I wasn't angry.
I wasn't sad the couple was killed.
Nothing.

I watched a yt video about this movie and they said the ending actually was supposed to reveal that the entire town was a murder cult and inviting people to kill just like the couple.
That's why the baby sitter dude was there.
He was a member of the cult.

That would have been dope but still shytty writing to not explain the passive nature of the victims.

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
There is probably less than 15 horror movies ever made that I consider good.
:patrice:
No disrespect and I usually f with you but … only 15?????!!!! You cannot post in this thread anymore

Zxd.webp

j/k but I totally comprehend what you’re saying about that movie. I didn’t even know there was supposed to be an alternate ending .. good looks,
:ohhh:
That murder cult would have made for a different take on the movie and it did feel like they were leaving relevant details during certain scenes that could have made a difference