Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
I didn’t really care for The Black Phone, which sucks because it was by far my most anticipated movie of the year. I’m pretty easy to please when it comes to horror films, but I could not manage to feel anything while watching this.

I think Derrickson and Cargill should’ve dived more into who exactly “The Grabber” is and why he’s committing these vile acts in the first place. For a character who’s prominently featured on the poster of the film, it’s pretty underwhelming to see the lack of backstory here. Besides that, Ethan Hawke kicked ass in the role and I’m bummed he only got 10 minutes of screentime.

Not even worth comparing it to Sinister since they’re two entirely different films, though the easter egg they snuck in here was pretty cool to see.

Duke Dixon

Superstar
Daps
I watched Cape Fear a few days ago. They really turned a greaser into Michael Myers :russ:

This movie did feel like a Hitchcock film when I was watching it. I didn't even know Scorese directed it and feels diffe5then his other movies I've seen.

BlaqkSpliffin

Ni**as Still Weird - Me
Daps
Reppin
DMV
They gave Luke like 75% of the screen time and plotlines these first few episodes this season too- EVIL = “Luke Cage and Friends Battle Demons”: MCU
I'm 4 episodes into the 1st season and this shyt barely holding my attention. I've fallen asleep like 3 times while watching it. Michael Emerson carrying this shyt like Kobe in 06.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
I'm 4 episodes into the 1st season and this shyt barely holding my attention. I've fallen asleep like 3 times while watching it. Michael Emerson carrying this shyt like Kobe in 06.
It may not be the series for everybody.. first season was the best imo so if you don’t like it now - you may not rock with it at all. If it wasn’t for Luke Cage, I probably wouldn’t be as into it.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
I watched Cape Fear a few days ago. They really turned a greaser into Michael Myers :russ:

This movie did feel like a Hitchcock film when I was watching it. I didn't even know Scorese directed it and feels diffe5then his other movies I've seen.
Didn’t know Scorsese had anything to with that movie-wow. That’s news to me. Deniro with the southern accent and laughing like Ray Liotta from GoodFellas

🤪😆
Seeing this movie again through adult eyes and realizing Robert was a pedo teenage stalker murderer 🤮

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
@Jello Biafra ”EVIL” season 3 ep 3, I think they’re ready to dead the Dad in this series. Notice how Kristen was writing the Ten Commandments of “The House” for her daughters and she tells them “don’t lie to mom”, “you must tell ____ to mom”- it’s never “your parents or mom&dad”

Context clues tell me that the useless bag of bones who appears every 6 months for 6 minutes and goes off rock climbing is about to die -

😭 :francis:

grandma’s and Leland’s devil worshipping cult is about to send him 6 ft underground indefinitely and send flesh eating boy from the prior episode to eat his remains to cover up any signs of murder. Rip him - he will not be missed. Most annoying pop up non-essential character ever.
As Kristen's mom goes deeper into her dark side I see her putting dude out of his misery when he comes back home and starts trying to dictate how much she can be involved with Kristen and the girls. I can't wait.

Episode 3 had me rolling with Sister Andrea and that sex demon.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You

Cape Fear was a remake and Scorsese kept the score from the 1962 original film which was done by Bernard Hermann who was a frequent composer for Hitchcock's movies. So it had that Hitchcock movie sound.
Also the premise of the film is incredibly Hitchcockian.