Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
:ohhh:

Personally autographed copy when you finish writing please
:feedme:
I got you. supposed to turn it into the publisher sometime in august. another reason im not on here as much lol. trying to knock that out. 10 chapters and I'm on 6 right now

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
that's awesome. Are you riffing off of it to make your own fiction or is it non-fiction?

Also, it's the 40th anniversary, so AMC is showing it in theatres right now.
So this guy read some of my stuff on Bloody Disgusting last year and hit me up. Said he and his wife started a small publishing company and want to do a series of books based on classic horror movies. In fact, they want to make them similar to the 33 1/3 series on classic albums. so he asked if I was interested and if so, what movie do I want to write about. thought about it for a bit and told him the thing because Carpenter of course and its my second fav horror flick of all time. and I knew there was nothing else I can say or explore about my first fav (Halloween).

I'm basically looking at it in context. what was 80s horror and how does it fit? the all male cast and what 80s horror male characters were and what they are now. what the movie said about the era and what it says about this era. the look of it, Kurt Russell and carpenter's partnership, Black representation, etc. and itll end with what the movie says about 2022 in its 40th anniversary.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
Kane Hodder byke! :blessed:

But it is a tubi original though
Dropped yesterday.

Is that out now -? I’m watch almost anything that stars Kane Hodder. Hatchet was my ish

Kane isn’t Michael but he’ll do until Halloween Ends comes on the scene in October
bonky-michael-myers.gif

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
So this guy read some of my stuff on Bloody Disgusting last year and hit me up. Said he and his wife started a small publishing company and want to do a series of books based on classic horror movies. In fact, they want to make them similar to the 33 1/3 series on classic albums. so he asked if I was interested and if so, what movie do I want to write about. thought about it for a bit and told him the thing because Carpenter of course and its my second fav horror flick of all time. and I knew there was nothing else I can say or explore about my first fav (Halloween).

I'm basically looking at it in context. what was 80s horror and how does it fit? the all male cast and what 80s horror male characters were and what they are now. what the movie said about the era and what it says about this era. the look of it, Kurt Russell and carpenter's partnership, Black representation, etc. and itll end with what the movie says about 2022 in its 40th anniversary.
:salute:
I will def be buying a hard copy and a version for my Kindle.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Not sure if this was posted yet

Just peeped the Barbarian trailer a few minutes ago.
I love that I don't really have a clue what its about but I'm locked in on wanting to see it because of the cast and how well the trailer was edited.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I really liked The Black Phone.
The cast was great especially Ethan Hawke (who gave one of the creepiest performances ever) and the kids.
While not super scary, the tension was elevated throughout the entire movie and really kept you teetering on the edge expecting bad shyt to happen constantly.
My only real complaint is that I felt the movie could've been longer to explore some of the characters and relationships a bit more.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Gone In The Night
Upon arriving at a remote cabin in the redwoods, Kath (Winona Ryder) and her boyfriend (John Gallagher Jr.) find a mysterious young couple (Owen Teague and Brianne Tju) already there--the rental has apparently been double-booked. They decide to share the cabin with these strangers. When her boyfriend mysteriously disappears with the young woman, Kath becomes obsessed and enlists an unlikely supporter (Dermot Mulroney) with finding an explanation for their sudden breakup--but the truth is far stranger than she could have ever imagined.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
I really liked The Black Phone.
The cast was great especially Ethan Hawke (who gave one of the creepiest performances ever) and the kids.
While not super scary, the tension was elevated throughout the entire movie and really kept you teetering on the edge expecting bad shyt to happen constantly.
My only real complaint is that I felt the movie could've been longer to explore some of the characters and relationships a bit more.
One question - is it as good as, or better than Sinister? And on a 1-5 Sinister scale, is it at least a 4?
:lupe:
(No spoilers please as I won’t prob won’t have a chance to watch this at the theater anytime soon unless I take an afternoon off work sans kids)

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
One question - is it as good as, or better than Sinister? And on a 1-5 Sinister scale, is it at least a 4?
:lupe:
(No spoilers please as I won’t prob won’t have a chance to watch this at the theater anytime soon unless I take an afternoon off work sans kids)
I would say 4 is a good number on the Sinister Scale for the Black Phone.