Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
@Jello Biafra went and corrupted my ace, @darealvelle - hate to see it. Never would have thought. Lines crossed
nas-smh.gif

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
This isn’t anything to joke about, here’s why; it’s a real life disease:

Scientists discover why you really hate things with tiny holes

Trypophobia is the fear of clusters of small circular holes or bumps, such as the holes in a sponge. The term has only existed since 2005, when it was coined on an online message board, and has yet to be officially recognised as a type of psychological disorder.

Despite this, increasing numbers of people are convinced they ‘have’ trypophobia. Googling the term throws up over 1million search results – and more and more scientists are beginning to investigate what might be behind it.

In a new study, psychologists at the University of Kent have developed a new theory about why so many of us are creeped out by the sight of tiny holes.

The research, published in the journal Cognition and Emotion, suggests that trypophobia is linked to deep-seated evolutionary anxieties about parasites and infectious diseases, leading to an exaggerated reaction to round shapes.

As you might imagine, both groups of participants found the disease-related photos unpleasant to look at. However, when it came to the more neutral cluster images, their responses were very different.

The university students didn’t have any negative reaction to the pictures of disease-unrelated circular patterns. The individuals with trypophobia, in contrast, found it extremely unpleasant to look at the images – even those showing objects as innocuous as the bubbles in a cup of coffee.
:gag::gag::gag::gag:

Psychologists concluded that people with trypophobia experience an overgeneralised response to clusters, whereby their aversion to all grouped circular patterns is as strong as most people’s dislike of disease symptoms.

This prediction was proved correct when they asked participants with trypophobia to describe how they felt when they looked at images of lots of little holes. Most trypophobics said that they experienced disgust or disgust-related feelings, such as nausea or the urge to throw up, even towards images that had nothing to do with disease (such as the holes in a sponge). Only a tiny proportion of individuals said that they felt fear.

As well as disgust, people with trypophobia frequently reported feelings like skin itching, skin crawling or even the sensation of “bugs infesting the skin”. This response indicates that people with trypophobia react to cluster images as though they’re warnings of ectoparasites, even causing some to feel as if they are infested.

However, it’s important to remember that feeling a bit grossed out by something isn’t the same as having a full-blown phobia – and there may be an element of emotional contagion involved. As Jennifer Abusi observes in Popular Science, it’s not unusual for people to say that they didn’t realise they were trypophobic until they looked at ‘triggering’ photos and read about the phenomenon online.

—-
Thanks for the update and the show of compassion, @darealvelle.
:francis::unimpressed:
“why is she mad all the time and have an attitude”, they ask.
:unimpressed:
It’s all fun and games until it’s not - imagine playing on a person’s fear in a horror thread, ironic ain’t it?

Last edited:

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin

Candyman threads on Twitter read like a support group now. The rabbit hole has opened up.
:mjtf:

I don’t carve pumpkins or eat cantaloupes to avoid seeing this - now a movie that I’ve been previewing for 17 months doubled down on the images right before the release day
im-done-im-leaving.gif

you-people-come-here-and-dig-up-pain-get-out-of-here.gif

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
This isn’t anything to joke about, here’s why; it’s a real life disease:

Scientists discover why you really hate things with tiny holes

Trypophobia is the fear of clusters of small circular holes or bumps, such as the holes in a sponge. The term has only existed since 2005, when it was coined on an online message board, and has yet to be officially recognised as a type of psychological disorder.

Despite this, increasing numbers of people are convinced they ‘have’ trypophobia. Googling the term throws up over 1million search results – and more and more scientists are beginning to investigate what might be behind it.

In a new study, psychologists at the University of Kent have developed a new theory about why so many of us are creeped out by the sight of tiny holes.

The research, published in the journal Cognition and Emotion, suggests that trypophobia is linked to deep-seated evolutionary anxieties about parasites and infectious diseases, leading to an exaggerated reaction to round shapes.

As you might imagine, both groups of participants found the disease-related photos unpleasant to look at. However, when it came to the more neutral cluster images, their responses were very different.

The university students didn’t have any negative reaction to the pictures of disease-unrelated circular patterns. The individuals with trypophobia, in contrast, found it extremely unpleasant to look at the images – even those showing objects as innocuous as the bubbles in a cup of coffee.
:gag::gag::gag::gag:

Psychologists concluded that people with trypophobia experience an overgeneralised response to clusters, whereby their aversion to all grouped circular patterns is as strong as most people’s dislike of disease symptoms.

This prediction was proved correct when they asked participants with trypophobia to describe how they felt when they looked at images of lots of little holes. Most trypophobics said that they experienced disgust or disgust-related feelings, such as nausea or the urge to throw up, even towards images that had nothing to do with disease (such as the holes in a sponge). Only a tiny proportion of individuals said that they felt fear.

As well as disgust, people with trypophobia frequently reported feelings like skin itching, skin crawling or even the sensation of “bugs infesting the skin”. This response indicates that people with trypophobia react to cluster images as though they’re warnings of ectoparasites, even causing some to feel as if they are infested.

However, it’s important to remember that feeling a bit grossed out by something isn’t the same as having a full-blown phobia – and there may be an element of emotional contagion involved. As Jennifer Abusi observes in Popular Science, it’s not unusual for people to say that they didn’t realise they were trypophobic until they looked at ‘triggering’ photos and read about the phenomenon online.

—-
Thanks for the update and the show of compassion, @darealvelle.
:francis::unimpressed:
“why is she mad all the time and have an attitude”, they ask.
It’s all fun and games until it’s not - imagine playing on a person’s fear in a horror thread, ironic ain’t it?

Bubbles and stuff like that dont bother me. But a lotus flower pod will make me nauseous and get a headache.

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta

Candyman threads on Twitter read like a support group now. The rabbit hole has opened up.
:mjtf:

I don’t carve pumpkins or eat cantaloupes to avoid seeing this - now a movie that I’ve been previewing for 17 months doubled down on the images right before the release day
im-done-im-leaving.gif

you-people-come-here-and-dig-up-pain-get-out-of-here.gif

Yo wtf!!! Why you post them pics? Please delete!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
He needs to hurry up and finish that bullshyt so I can post a scathing review in here.
neither you or my former guy posting above you aka your twin personality Jello 2.5 aka former poster known as @darealvelle do not exist to me. Only myself, @The Hierophant and @MartyMcFly are the OGs and OGette in this bih
The only thing scathing and scarred will be you when I summon enough demonic energy to create a feral beast that slices off pieces of your skin 7 times over a period of 7 days and mail each piece to your parents,every day of the week until October 31st

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bubbles and stuff like that dont bother me. But a lotus flower pod will make me nauseous and get a headache.
Know what - let’s use this as an opportunity to face the fear. I’ve been reading about trypophobic images - the more that we see the less they will affect us.

Pancakes
a88127e5-84cd-4894-aab2-6dda1ccabafa.jpg

popping-pancakes.gif

:damn::damn: