Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
The Good
Nia DaCosta is a skilled director and she has some pretty cool directing moments in this movie.
The acting was great especially from Colman Domingo.
Anthony's descent into madness/possession was well done as far as Yahya Mateen's acting.
It was cool seeing Vanessa Williams come back even though I would've used her more.
The story of Sherman was the highlight of the movie for me. And Sherman's Candyman was a really cool take on the character.
The surprise at the end delighted the horror geek in me.

The Bad
The movie felt slight. Like it was just a bunch of characters having random moments without much connecting tissue or a smooth flow to the proceedings.
There was some incredibly heavy-handed stuff with the police and about artists and the racial dynamics of the art community that could've been handled with a bit more nuance.
The last part of the movie went completely off the rails with a lot of the mythology that we'd had the entire movie explaining to us being just upended with no real explanation given.
The kills were a disappointment. There were not enough of them for one and way too much of the actual killing was done either off-screen or shot in a way that you really don't see any of it clearly.

I give Candyman (2021) two and half Daniel Robitaille's

13ntkYF.png
13ntkYF.png
OBqUWxE.png

Dirty Mcdrawz

Your girl loves em....
Daps
Didn’t fukk with it?

Team Stream is convenient but I gotta be in the theaters for Halloween Kills. I just got to.

Nah, I actually liked the movie a lot. I’m just over the movie going experience. There was maybe 25 people in the theater, but for some reason most of the people decided to sit around me. It took 50mins for the movie to start. People taking their shoes off in a theater and nonstop talking. I’m over it.

I enjoyed the movie though…it’s maybe 8/10 for me. I’m waiting til next weekend to discuss the movie because I don’t want my opinion/interpretation to color anybody else’s experience.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
Any content on Shudder worth making the purchase again?

Or is it same old shyt?

https%3A%2F%2F1428elm.com%2Ffiles%2Fimage-exchange%2F2017%2F07%2Fie_74571.jpeg

I will never stop subscribing to Shudder. If I’m ever on a Saw style death trap and they ask me to chop off one of my fingers or stop my horror movie subscription. I’ll walk around As a 4 fingered freak. No debate.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
https%3A%2F%2F1428elm.com%2Ffiles%2Fimage-exchange%2F2017%2F07%2Fie_74571.jpeg

I will never stop subscribing to Shudder. If I’m ever on a Saw style death trap and they ask me to chop off one of my fingers or stop my horror movie subscription. I’ll walk around As a 4 fingered freak. No debate.
This past episode was the first time I actually felt something for one of the victims and also landed on a character that I am actually rooting for. Might have been the best episode of the season.