Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
My opinion is the same as it was for GGG vs Lemieux....Lemieux is an okay MW who's limited and a sitting duck for Canelo. He's a B fighter. Him vs Canelo doesn't deserve PPV privileges and is not a good matchup on PPV. Now, if it was regular HBO, then ok...but it it isn't then :camby:

Lemieux is even worse now than when he faced GGG though, because he's now beltless and last time he was seen in a Championship fight, he was seen getting stopped. Plus, I thought nothing of his win over Hassan N'Dam to get the belt in the first place, because I don't rate N'Dam highly either.
HBO owes Lemieux a cable fight from the GGG deal, so they are probably begging for Canelo to fight Lemieux to use it up. HBO is probably scared to death of a Lemieux vs. generic opponent and having to finance it. :russ:

I still dont mind a Canelo vs. Lemieux fight. As you said reg HBO is ideal. But for a move up Lemieux provides a lot of what Canelo needs. A bigger guy to judge himself against, a hard hitter to keep him honest and break him down, and a guy who wont roll over. He could do a lot worse. It keeps the fight in house for GB and with a common opponent builds some hype vs. GGG. :yeshrug:

I sound like i am promoting this shyt, lol. Nah, really just saying if it is made i wont complain or say anything bad about it.

Curious as to who else people would like to see Canelo against at 160 before a GGG fight.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
HBO owes Lemieux a cable fight from the GGG deal, so they are probably begging for Canelo to fight Lemieux to use it up. HBO is probably scared to death of a Lemieux vs. generic opponent and having to finance it. :russ:

I still dont mind a Canelo vs. Lemieux fight. As you said reg HBO is ideal. But for a move up Lemieux provides a lot of what Canelo needs. A bigger guy to judge himself against, a hard hitter to keep him honest and break him down, and a guy who wont roll over. He could do a lot worse. It keeps the fight in house for GB and with a common opponent builds some hype vs. GGG. :yeshrug:

I sound like i am promoting this shyt, lol. Nah, really just saying if it is made i wont complain or say anything bad about it.

Curious as to who else people would like to see Canelo against at 160 before a GGG fight.

Peter Quillin vs Canelo is something I'd like to see

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
Peter Quillin vs Canelo is something I'd like to see
What is going on with Quillin? I thought he was considering moving to 168, but he just isnt fighting at all.

I still really want to see a run back of Jacobs and Quillin. I was really looking forward to that fight and it was over in one round. I wanted to see them battle for 8-12 rounds in a fun fight. Lol.

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
What is going on with Quillin? I thought he was considering moving to 168, but he just isnt fighting at all.

I still really want to see a run back of Jacobs and Quillin. I was really looking forward to that fight and it was over in one round. I wanted to see them battle for 8-12 rounds in a fun fight. Lol.

Quillin training with Virgil Hunter now

Since he been inactive, outta shape, struggled to make 160...he's most likely moving up or at least a catch weight his first fight back

Once the Ward fight is done...hunter can focus on Kid Choc should be back early '17

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Ionno whats worst fighting another Salka or jus chillin til the fight like One Time :ld:
shyt is starting to get embarrassing

He got the pass for fighting shot ass Malignaggi cause it was his first ever ww fight.
He got pass for the Guerrero fight cause Dany wasn't the one to blame that Guerrero's shot, past prime ass could get a title shot (WBC... :mindblown:)

but now he is probably about to fight the best opponent taxi drivers and hobos can offer after almost a year inactivity? :dahell:

This is :camby: category even if his next opponent will be Thurman

Tide Run This

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Garnet N Gold
shyt is starting to get embarrassing

He got the pass for fighting shot ass Malignaggi cause it was his first ever ww fight.
He got pass for the Guerrero fight cause Dany wasn't the one to blame that Guerrero's shot, past prime ass could get a title shot (WBC... :mindblown:)

but now he is probably about to fight the best opponent taxi drivers and hobos can offer after almost a year inactivity? :dahell:

This is :camby: category even if his next opponent will be Thurman

He's becoming a complete afterthought to those that don't keep up hardcore a friend I used to work with was all hyped up when we used to talk about Garcia last time I talked to him he thought he was doing time since he hadn't seen him or heard about him in so long.