Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Provide these facts then...where is the proof that Andrade was only able to fight on HBO? :jbhmm:

Because you JUST posted an article, and of course didn't include the fact that it was supposed to be a triple header card, but Charlo was getting more than Andrade when Andrade was Champion...which is why they said no...plus the fight was never finalized anyways ( Although Charlo promoter Golden Boy Promotions and Showtime, which was going to televise the bout as the opener on a tripleheader, announced the fight on Oct. 31, Andrade-Charlo was never finalized and now it's off. Andrade drops out of title defense vs. Charlo ), but you JUST posted an article which said Andrade was to fight Charlo in December 2014:

...but, Andrade was Champ right? So why would he be fighting on Showtime if, according to your "facts":

"Did I not say Banner promotions Andrades promoter was only fukking with HBO at that time??

Did I not say HBO gets options on fighters who win belts on they networks??"

How Sway?:jbhmm:

Seems to me, like I said, Andrade wasn't exclusive to ANY network and could've fought on Showtime vs Canelo bc he was about to vs Charlo...right? Aint that what you posted?:mjpls:

The network excuses holds 0 weight when it comes to this discussion.

Is December 14th the same time as the Angulo fight where Canelo "avoided" Andrade :stopitslime:...Andrade had his option fight (Rose) N **gasp** he was then free to go to Showtime in December :ohhh:

You think Banner promotions was gonna take they fighter who HBO showed interest in...cross the street fukkin up they money N relationship with HBO to fight Canelo in March?? :martin:

Or was Banner promotions gonna have their all Banner Promotions card on HBO N have Andrade fight Rose?? :beli:

Shouldn't have to explain boxing politics to you :snoop:

After that Rose fight is when Banner Promotions got pissed off at HBO for not giving them dates N tried to dip to Showtime...HBO didn't care bout Andrade anymore like 98% of us N let his ass walk

Then Andrade ducked Charlo Cuz he thought ROC Nation was gonna sign him

ROC didn't sign him leaving Andrade with no networks N Al pissed at him...which is why he sat on the couch for 16 months

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
This was a horrible response ReFleX. You need to stay out the coliseum, bc I expected more HEAT (:smugbiden:) from you breh:wow:

in other words, no matter canelo does he's ducking somebody

What would you call dropping your Championship to avoid the #1 contender who has been calling you out....and doing this in 2 different divisions? A coincidence?:lupe:

Stop it:dead:

:mjlol:......he stays at 154, he's ducking little g.
He already HAS ducked GGG...what do you mean?:dwillhuh:

he goes up to 160, he's ducking everybody at 154.

He's avoiding Andrade...it is what it is, and he's done it for 4 years now.

Angulo, Kirkland, Smith...they can all get in the ring with him because, of course, unlike Andrade those guys mean shyt in the grand scheme of things. that's why they have a fan base & earned their hype.

Right? Isn't those the excuses you just gave above for Canelo not fighting Andrade...but left out the fact he fought those guys?:mjpls:

Yep.

nevermind that canelo is younger than ALL those guys at 154 and has a better resume as well.

What does Canelo being only 2 years younger gotta do with him gloving up vs Andrade?:dahell:

We using Canelo's AGE to get him around specific opponents now?:what:

They're all in their prime, him needs to fight them if he's gonna parade around as Champion at JMW....oh, I forgot. He's conveniently not a JMW anymore even though he just said he was a few months back:francis:

nevermind these same guys you claim canelo is ducking don't even wanna fight EACHOTHER. but that doesn't matter right. it's all canelo's fault.

What kind of "woe is Canelo:to:" type of response is this? :dwillhuh:

I just spent the last couple days talking about how these nikkas need to fight each other, and specifically vs Andrade, but all you read is Canelo isn't fighting them?:what:

it don't matter what talent level you think trout is. when canelo fought him he just dominated miguel cotto and everybody said canelo would duck him.

We just gonna conveniently forget that Cotto was considered washed up?:martin:

Trout was never an A fighter & never will be. Nobody thought he was. He was just considered a good fighter who would be the toughest test of "hype job" Canelo (which is what people thought he was at the time). Trout was basically Viktor Postol status at 140 in reality, good fighter in a weak division at that time.

just like they said he would duck lara.
Him facing Lara was different than him facing Trout. There's no comparison to the thought that Lara would beat him vs the thought Trout would.

he fought them BOTH of em coming off the best victories of their careers. victories that are better than ANYTHING andrade has on his resume. you talkin about trout's best win being a washed up cotto, but a washed up cotto is better than anything on andrade's resume. that's what you're not understanding:mjlol:

What you're not understanding is that resumes don't win fights....talent does.

Once again, you saying Trout's resume is better than Andrade’s, but yet nobody with common sense would pick Trout to actually beat him....which is why talent > resume.

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
All this typing, all this text, all these back n forths.....all because Andrade is calling out everyone in the Top 10 at JMW, nobody wants any action vs an undefeated Top 5 fighter, and "fans" of the sport are defending that behavior of avoidance:wow:

There is DEFINITELY a serious case of cutting off your nose to spite your face going on here:snoop:

Who WOULDNT want to see Canelo vs Andrade? Jermell Charlo vs Andrade? Jermall Charlo vs Andrade? Erislandy Lara vs Andrade? Miguel Cotto vs Andrade? Hell any combination of the names mentioned:dahell:

THOSE are the type of fights that sport needs to happen...and y'all arguing as to WHY it's fine that they aren't fighting Andrade? As if that wouldn't be a great W for anyone who beats him?:what:

No wonder Boxing can't get to where it needs to be....the fans argue & :cape: for certain Top 10 matchups NOT to happen just cause they don't wanna see a particular fighter lose:snoop:

I'm bout to spark up on that note:wow:

Last edited:

#SOG_soldier

New York knicks and phoenix suns stan
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
All this typing, all this text, all these back n forths.....all because Andrade is calling out everyone in the Top 10 at JMW, nobody wants any action vs an undefeated Top 5 fighter, and "fans" of the sport are defending that behavior of avoidance:wow:

There is DEFINITELY a serious case of cutting off your nose to spite your face going on here:snoop:

Who WOULDNT want to see Canelo vs Andrade? Jermell Charlo vs Andrade? Jermall Charlo vs Andrade? Erislandy Lara vs Andrade? Miguel Cotto vs Andrade? Hell any combination of the names mentioned:dahell:

THOSE are the type of fights that sport needs to happen...and y'all arguing as to WHY it's fine that they aren't fighting Andrade? As if that wouldn't be a great W for anyone who beats him?:what:

No wonder Boxing can't get to where it needs to be....the fans argue & :cape: for certain Top 10 matchups NOT to happen just cause they don't wanna see a particular fighter lose:snoop:

I'm bout to spark up on that note:wow:
We never said we don't want to see it. But you acting braindead. Of canelo ko Andrade in a round. Nobody will care in 2 weeks. Andrade is unknown and has no resume. Be brings nothing to the table. Why are u stanning a nikka resume full of bums and he damn near 30. :scust:

That's a high risk no reward fight. Andrade need to keep nelo name out his mouth and grind like Canelo did:beli:

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
We never said we don't want to see it. But you acting braindead. Of canelo ko Andrade in a round. Nobody will care in 2 weeks. Andrade is unknown and has no resume. Be brings nothing to the table. Why are u stanning a nikka resume full of bums and he damn near 30. :scust:

That's a high risk no reward fight. Andrade need to keep nelo name out his mouth and grind like Canelo did:beli:

I just said I said I was lighting up, & you attempt to blow my high with this, to put it bluntly, dumb ass response dude???:camby:

"Andrade is unknown and has no resume. Be brings nothing to the table. Why are u stanning a nikka resume full of bums and he damn near 30. :scust:"

Tell me what Angulo, Kirkland, or Smith brought to the table? Tell me their resumes. Tell me why Canelo fought them if what you stated is a prerequisite to fight him?:martin:

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
from the home of coca-cola, i'm not referring to s

Exactly.. in the grand scale Canelo beating Andrade does what at this point?? So all this everyone ducking Andrade nonsense is meaningless.. its up to Andrade to put himself back in contention.. He has to do more than twittering his fingers :mjlol:

#SOG_soldier

New York knicks and phoenix suns stan
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
I just said I said I was lighting up, & you attempt to blow my high with this, to put it bluntly, dumb ass response dude???:camby:

"Andrade is unknown and has no resume. Be brings nothing to the table. Why are u stanning a nikka resume full of bums and he damn near 30. :scust:"

Tell me what Angulo, Kirkland, or Smith brought to the table? Tell me their resumes. Tell me why Canelo fought them if what you stated is a prerequisite to fight him?:martin:
Those were showcase fights stop acting like u don't understand how boxing BUSINESS works

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
from the home of coca-cola, i'm not referring to s

Canelo wasnt champion.. and coming off a loss when he fought Angulo

Nothing wrong with fighting a Kirkland after beating a Lara when you got Cotto up next

Smith was the undefeated WBO champion... Andrade was wbo champion once upon a time but that was then and this is now
:umad:?

Last edited:

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
Canelo wasnt champion.. and coming off a loss when he fought Angulo

Nothing wrong with fighting a Kirkland after beating a Lara when you got Cotto up next

Smith was the undefeated WBO champion... Andrade was wbo champion once upon a time but that was then and this is now
:umad:?

Cool story breh✌

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The next HOF class ballot. Who you got?

immediate standouts to me on who would make the cut (how many get to go in?)

Holy, MAB, and Tapia

most of the rest are deserving/on the fence

glad to see Donald Curry on there and I think he will get in eventually. my favorite fighter as a kid and one of the main reasons I got heavy into boxing.

thats a pretty good list but most of them arent ready to go in just yet, it will take some time.

and yes Ottke stayed in Germany his entire career but so did Dariusz, neither one of them needs to get in IMO