Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
And Andrade has said for the right fight he would go to 160. Canelo can't run at 154, 155, or 160.

I also have been feeling a certain way with Canelo being talked about as a monster puncher lately too. I'm not sure he is. Not saying he doesn't hit hard, but he more has that JMM power to me. He catches you with a perfect counter and it is lights out, but if you can box with (or better) than him his power isn't nearly effective coming at you in a conventional boxing back and forth.

That relates back to Andrade as well. People thinking Canelo will KO Andrade. Andrade is one of the most talented boxers off of skill and technique in boxing right now IMO, he won't be easily run into a punch. In fact I think Andrade presents a lot of angles and forces Canelo to reset and Canelo would struggle to land hard power shots.

:manny:

Yep. I agree. Canelo has never even faced anyone bigger than him...Andrade has and is also 4 inches taller than Canelo, arms 3 inches longer, and brings power/accuracy/movement/defense/fast hands/combination punching all out of a leftie stance:banderas:

One day, Andrade is gonna get Canelo in the ring & show exactly why Canelo's struggles vs Trout/Lara/Floyd werent just imagined...I can't wait:ohlawd:

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Let's ignore the fact Andrade has never had an exclusive deal with any network, so falling back on the generic "but HBO/Showtime" holds 0 weight.

Riiiight Cuz when you fight on HBO win a belt on HBO...When HBO starts pushing you...they don't get options on your next fight :comeon:

So let's use Facts since you desperate to prove someone ducked
:russell:ndrade..

Canelo fought Trout 4/13...Trout was undefeated Champion...jus beat Cotto...

In that time Period Andrade was fighting Hernandez on Shobox :russ:

No duck there....

9/13 Canelo fights Floyd Mayweather :russell:ndrade doesn't fight til 11/13 his toughest test to date Vanes

Obviously theres no duck there :beli:

3/14 Canelo fights Angulo....besides the fact Canelo jus took his first L N was obviously gonna be matched easy...they had to sell a PPV AND Andrade was fighting on HBO his promoter Banner promotions was fukkin with HBO heavy at the time

Obviously no duck :aicmon:

7/14 Canelo fights Lara
5/15 Kirkland
11/15 Cotto

That time period Andrade sat on his ass N pulled out of a Jermell Charlo fight fukkin up his relationship with HBO Showtime And Al

BoxingScene.com has been advised that a deal is complete for WBO junior middleweight Demetrius Andrade (21-0, 14KOs) to make his Showtime televised debut on December 13th against Jermell Charlo (24-0, 11KOs), which is going to take place at the Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas.

The fight was a done deal

I only see one person who ducked a fight :russ:

Duck the bad Charlo brehs :beli:

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
Yep. I agree. Canelo has never even faced anyone bigger than him...Andrade has and is also 4 inches taller than Canelo, arms 3 inches longer, and brings power/accuracy/movement/defense/fast hands/combination punching all out of a leftie stance:banderas:

One day, Andrade is gonna get Canelo in the ring & show exactly why Canelo's struggles vs Trout/Lara/Floyd werent just imagined...I can't wait:ohlawd:
Yep. I will freely admit that GGG actually matches up better for Canelo than Andrade. GGG will give Canelo a chance to have good counters and won't force Canelo to find him. Andrade on the other hand is a bad matchup for Canelo. Sure I do think skill wise eventually Andrade will win people over and they will have to put him down as one of the legit most talented boxers going, but when it just comes down to matchups, Canelo doesn't match up well with Andrade.

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
First half is still a ? until he face's legit competition, although I agree he is very skilled and has good technique.

It's not a ? mark considering he's already clearly defeated 2 Top 10 JMWs in Nelson and Martirosyan...same Martirosyan that Lara needed 2 fights to actually get a struggle victory over.

The 2nd part is funny, because, who has Andrade done that to? His best opponent to date would be Vanes, correct? So all that he could do against Vanes he certainly won't be able to do the same against Canelo.

Man the ring is weird sometimes :heh:

It is...because you think Beterbiev beats Kovalev right now, and Beterbiev has never faced a Top 10 opponent period. However, you're telling others that WE shouldn't think that Andrade beats Canelo, even though you can't point out any weaknesses in Andrade’s game & he's strong at what gives Canelo trouble.

So, you're allowed to Champion Beterbiev over Kovalev, but we can't Andrade over Canelo? :jbhmm:

Yall also praise Errol Spence as the soon ruler of 147...and his best win is only Chris Algieri. But it's a problem with praising Andrade? :patrice:

Canelo ducking Andrade, Andrade one of the more skilled with better technique, talking about all of the thing Andrade is gonna do to Canelo :heh:

Only person Canelo has struggled to land on is Floyd, and on Andrade's best day he's a 1/4th as good as Floyd.

Canelo struggled to land on Lara as well.

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
Riiiight Cuz when you fight on HBO win a belt on HBO...When HBO starts pushing you...they don't get options on your next fight :comeon:

So let's use Facts since you desperate to prove someone ducked
:russell:ndrade..

Canelo fought Trout 4/13...Trout was undefeated Champion...jus beat Cotto...

In that time Period Andrade was fighting Hernandez on Shobox :russ:

No duck there....

9/13 Canelo fights Floyd Mayweather :russell:ndrade doesn't fight til 11/13 his toughest test to date Vanes

Obviously theres no duck there :beli:

3/14 Canelo fights Angulo....besides the fact Canelo jus took his first L N was obviously gonna be matched easy...they had to sell a PPV AND Andrade was fighting on HBO his promoter Banner promotions was fukkin with HBO heavy at the time

Obviously no duck :aicmon:

7/14 Canelo fights Lara
5/15 Kirkland
11/15 Cotto

That time period Andrade sat on his ass N pulled out of a Jermell Charlo fight fukkin up his relationship with HBO Showtime And Al

The fight was a done deal

I only see one person who ducked a fight :russ:

Duck the bad Charlo brehs :beli:

First off, I said avoided...not ducked. There's a difference.

Secondly, all that bs you posted had nothing to do with what you posted and I quoted.

You tried to :cape: using networks as an excuse, once I shut that down with the FACT Andrade has never had an exclusive deal with anyone & could fight wherever, now you wanna move the goalposts? NAH.

You claimed networks was the reason it ain't happen....now you trying to Juelz Santana gif your way outta of it:mjlol:

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
who imagined those?:what:

they were fights between two top fighters. they were close and canelo edged em out. just like b hop and taylor were close. just floyd and castillo were close. we can't sit here and say canelo struggled with trout and lara and not say lara and trout didn't struggle with canelo. they were both chess match fights with a lot of strategy and canelo WON. that's all that matters. that's the difference between canelo and andrade. for canelo we actually have top level competition to grade him on. for andrade we don't. and until we do, he don't mean shyt in the grand scheme of things. that's why he has absolutely no fan base. pwill didn't have much either but then he beat margarito and he stole margarito's title as the "most feared man in boxing".....pwill earned that title and he earned his hype. andrade has not. we already know who holds the title for most feared man in boxing right now,. and canelo just offered him a career high pay day to fight. but yea, he's scared of demetrius andrade.:mjlol:

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
It's not a ? mark considering he's already clearly defeated 2 Top 10 JMWs in Nelson and Martirosyan...same Martirosyan that Lara needed 2 fights to actually get a struggle victory over.

It is...because you think Beterbiev beats Kovalev right now, and Beterbiev has never faced a Top 10 opponent period. However, you're telling others that WE shouldn't think that Andrade beats Canelo, even though you can't point out any weaknesses in Andrade’s game & he's strong at what gives Canelo trouble.

So, you're allowed to Champion Beterbiev over Kovalev, but we can't Andrade over Canelo? :jbhmm:

Yall also praise Errol Spence as the soon ruler of 147...and his best win is only Chris Algieri. But it's a problem with praising Andrade? :patrice:

Canelo struggled to land on Lara as well.

I don't think #BeterBeast beat's Kovalev right now, I think he has a punchers chance, his D needs to get much better.

It is a ? mark, just because Lara drew with Vanes once and Andrade beat two top 10 JMWs doesn't make him one of the most skilled and best technique boxer in the biz :heh: Honestly, I haven't seen Andrade fight enough. What I do know, he is skilled and is a good boxer, southpaw with good movement, jab and above average power and good footwork. What I don't know is, how does he take a hard body shot? Does he fold against someone with much more experience, does he gas when he faces better comp? What's his chin like etc etc.

More ?'s than answers, all for a fight that will more than likely not happen.

Like I said Andrade needs to get his fights up, whether it be a bum tour or knocking out contenders........give dudes a reason to fight him.

#SOG_soldier

New York knicks and phoenix suns stan
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
Man stop trolling :heh:

I actually agree tho end of day none of these nikkas willingly going to fight Andrade. It's really no rewards to it on the surface and he's not a champion atm but like I said I can see JRock stepping to anyone doesn't strike me as the ducking-side stepping type
Canelo is not the same nikka that got 120ed by floyd. Canelo right now would get a late ko against Andrade, assuming Andrade chin is as garbo as I think

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
First off, I said avoided...not ducked. There's a difference.

Secondly, all that bs you posted had nothing to do with what you posted and I quoted.

You tried to :cape: using networks as an excuse, once I shut that down with the FACT Andrade has never had an exclusive deal with anyone & could fight wherever, now you wanna move the goalposts? NAH.

You claimed networks was the reason it ain't happen....now you trying to Juelz Santana gif your way outta of it:mjlol:

:dahell:

Did I not say Banner promotions Andrades promoter was only fukking with HBO at that time??

Did I not say HBO gets options on fighters who win belts on they networks??

You goin refute them facts or nah??

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Andrades only title defense on HBO...was on the undercard of Algieri vs Prov

An all Banner promotions HBO card

Think Banner promotions was gonna fukk that up by even thinking about sending their fighter on another network brehs :mjlol:

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
who imagined those?:what:

Did you not just read this? :martin:

mrsmokeweed said:
Only person Canelo has struggled to land on is Floyd

:comeon:

they were fights between two top fighters. they were close and canelo edged em out.

Top fighters huh?

What was Trout's best win? Beating a washed up Cotto?

What was Lara's...Trout? Same Trout who nobody on this board would pick to defeat Andrade?

So they were Top fighters, but Andrade isn't? :ohhh:

just like b hop and taylor were close. just floyd and castillo were close. we can't sit here and say canelo struggled with trout and lara and not say lara and trout didn't struggle with canelo. they were both chess match fights with a lot of strategy and canelo WON. that's all that matters.

This spin on those fights would make Michael Jackson blush:mj:

Canelo was the favorite in both fights & heralded as the future King...he struggled with them, not the other way around, because they weren't even expected to win. Lara gave away his W. Tons of people feel Trout was robbed. Floyd gave him a clinic.

that's the difference between canelo and andrade. for canelo we actually have top level competition to grade him on. for andrade we don't. and until we do, he don't mean shyt in the grand scheme of things. that's why he has absolutely no fan base. pwill didn't have much either but then he beat margarito and he stole margarito's title as the "most feared man in boxing".....pwill earned that title and he earned his hype.

Did it stop you from saying Floyd was ducking Paul Williams or that Paul Williams could beat Floyd prior to Punisher facing Margs? :jbhmm:

Exactly.

andrade has not. we already know who holds the title for most feared man in boxing right now,. and canelo just offered him a career high pay day to fight. but yea, he's scared of demetrius andrade.:mjlol:

I mean if you wanna use GGG, who I purposely tried to leave out the convo, he had Canelo running scared...dropping his Championship...claiming he's a JMW only for him to run to 154, see a familiar face in Andrade, and immediately talk about dropping his Championship claiming he's a MW rather than take a defense against the #1 contender:russ:

What's Canelo gonna do? He doesn't wanna fight GGG at 160, doesn't wanna fight Andrade at 154, he's dropping belts left and right to avoid mandatory contenders in 2 different weight classes...bu-bu-but he fought fukking Austin Trout:mjlol:

Like Trout has ever been an elite talent:dead:

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
I mean if you wanna use GGG, who I purposely tried to leave out the convo, he had Canelo running scared...dropping his Championship...claiming he's a JMW only for him to run to 154, see a familiar face in Andrade, and immediately talk about dropping his Championship claiming he's a MW rather than take a defense against the #1 contender:russ:

What's Canelo gonna do? He doesn't wanna fight GGG at 160, doesn't wanna fight Andrade at 154, he's dropping belts left and right to avoid mandatory contenders in 2 different weight classes...bu-bu-but he fought fukking Austin Trout:mjlol:

Like Trout has ever been an elite talent:dead:
in other words, no matter canelo does he's ducking somebody:mjlol:......he stays at 154, he's ducking little g. he goes up to 160, he's ducking everybody at 154. nevermind that canelo is younger than ALL those guys at 154 and has a better resume as well. nevermind these same guys you claim canelo is ducking don't even wanna fight EACHOTHER. but that doesn't matter right. it's all canelo's fault.

it don't matter what talent level you think trout is. when canelo fought him he just dominated miguel cotto and everybody said canelo would duck him. just like they said he would duck lara. he fought them BOTH of em coming off the best victories of their careers. victories that are better than ANYTHING andrade has on his resume. you talkin about trout's best win being a washed up cotto, but a washed up cotto is better than anything on andrade's resume. that's what you're not understanding:mjlol:

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
:dahell:

Did I not say Banner promotions Andrades promoter was only fukking with HBO at that time??

Did I not say HBO gets options on fighters who win belts on they networks??

You goin refute them facts or nah??

Provide these facts then...where is the proof that Andrade was only able to fight on HBO? :jbhmm:

Because you JUST posted an article, and of course didn't include the fact that it was supposed to be a triple header card, but Charlo was getting more than Andrade when Andrade was Champion...which is why they said no...plus the fight was never finalized anyways ( Although Charlo promoter Golden Boy Promotions and Showtime, which was going to televise the bout as the opener on a tripleheader, announced the fight on Oct. 31, Andrade-Charlo was never finalized and now it's off. Andrade drops out of title defense vs. Charlo ), but you JUST posted an article which said Andrade was to fight Charlo in December 2014:

ChocolateGiddyUp said:
BoxingScene.com has been advised that a deal is complete for WBO junior middleweight Demetrius Andrade (21-0, 14KOs) to make his Showtime televised debut on December 13th against Jermell Charlo (24-0, 11KOs), which is going to take place at the Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas.

...but, Andrade was Champ right? So why would he be fighting on Showtime if, according to your "facts":

"Did I not say Banner promotions Andrades promoter was only fukking with HBO at that time??

Did I not say HBO gets options on fighters who win belts on they networks??"

How Sway?:jbhmm:

Seems to me, like I said, Andrade wasn't exclusive to ANY network and could've fought on Showtime vs Canelo bc he was about to vs Charlo...right? Aint that what you posted?:mjpls:

The network excuses holds 0 weight when it comes to this discussion.