Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
both AB and GGG should have shut their mouth and take that money imo...
Take the money....yes in AB's situation he can talk about it because he's a draw as a promoter and boxer.

Remember Floyd turned down fighting concrete hands for 8MM and it was called a duck (even though he fought Baldomir for $1 more who had just beaten zab)? Well ggg n co are turning their nose up at $10MM, because they want a split, and PPV upside :heh: except, there is no Baldomir in this situation, and his previous high is like $2.5MM, same as AB.

Remember all the bullshyt AB got when he ASKED for 10MM?

Again, lets all let this marinate.

mr. smoke weed

Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
@patscorpio, @LauderdaleBoss, update from GGG's team:

Why Canelo Alvarez vs. Gennady Golovkin won't happen anytime soon

“I made a formal counterproposal to Golden Boy which would guarantee Canelo not only the A-side billing in the marketing of the fight but from a financial standpoint, it would be clearly his biggest purse possible for any fight out there,” Loeffler said. “Naturally, it would also be Gennady’s biggest but I think this offer was skewed the wrong way. It was pushed as so big to Gennady, but you have to remember, at the same time, it would be Canelo’s biggest also.”

Loeffler said he was willing to concede many points. He’s not interested in battling over venue or things such as who walks out first and who is introduced last.

His goal is to get the fight done while maximizing the revenue potential.

“Our proposal to Golden Boy is that we would go wherever the maximum revenue would be,” Loeffler said. “We’d give them the final choice if the bids were competitive or equal. The location won’t be negatively impacted from our side. Gennady has proven he can sell out in New York, L.A. and London, so whether fight is in Las Vegas, [Madison Square Garden], Texas, if they make a bid, we’re not going to be sticklers. Wherever the best offer is, we’re OK with.”

Follows up what I was saying earlier today. GGG will clearly and admittedly assume the role of a B-side, but as a B-side who brings a lot to the table and makes the A-side money he can't get elsewhere. And from what we know the offer made by GB was the first financial offer, GGG's team would be crazy not to counter offer and try and move GB into splitting a bit more.

Breh don't take any offense to this. Triple G and his team need to get all the way the fukk out of here. Yes I understand the concept of negotiating (it's literally what I do for work), but some thing get the automatic :francis:

You're the B side you take the offer and KIM. Swift did it with Khan way back when, and oh yeah it made him into a star.

Canelo can fight Shannon Briggs and sell 250-300k ppvs. Canelo was part of the 2nd biggest PPV of all time (oh yeah he took a weight concession too), and he took short money to fight Cotto.

On what planet is $10-11MM for a non PPV draw a non acceptable offer? If this was literally ANY other fighter (except Manny) they'd be getting KILLED in the media. Called a ducker etc. etc. which to me it looks like he's doing now. I hope they have this shyt (if it happens) in Vegas so we can see how those gloves look to a reputable commission.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Take the money....yes in AB's situation he can talk about it because he's a draw as a promoter and boxer.

Remember Floyd turned down fighting concrete hands for 8MM and it was called a duck (even though he fought Baldomir for $1 more who had just beaten zab)? Well ggg n co are turning their nose up at $10MM, because they want a split, and PPV upside :heh: except, there is no Baldomir in this situation, and his previous high is like $2.5MM, same as AB.

Remember all the bullshyt AB got when he ASKED for 10MM?

Again, lets all let this marinate.
I'm just keeping it consistent

I slander both of them for no taking that money

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Career high purses against bigger names is not "just taking anything" nor "ho shyt"...

I'd sign both contracts, as I type :birdman:

...now, granted, I'd be in the ring with a towel tucked in my trunks and as soon as the bell rung I'd be tossin that bytch at the ref, but that's beside the point :dame:

Anytime you take something no questions asked without even considering your own potential is some Ho shyt to me.

but that's just me. :manny:

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Anytime you take something no questions asked without even considering your own potential is some Ho shyt to me.

but that's just me. :manny:
Taking the money what they got offered in their position would make sense

taking an offer and not counter =/= you not value yourself and you're being a Ho

you just got a reasonable offer what you shouldn't counter cause it's... reasonable :yeshrug:

Don't need to bargain just for the sake of bargaining if the first offer is good

LauderdaleBoss

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
It's funny how the 2 most hated boxers in here are expected to bend over and just take anything in regards to these superfights

but

if you complain about Haymon overpaying nikkas to fight career mode jobbers, it's turns into "Let these boxers maximize their earning potential" or "Why you hating on a nikka getting paid?"

So it's cool for Berto to make 900k against Freddy fukking Hernandez, but everybody loses their shyt when Broner and Golovkin want more money/percentages for superfights where the A-side is going to benefit from their extra popularity.

I guess it's black girl lost, and shorty owe you for ice then...:manny:

mr. smoke weed

Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi

taking an offer and not counter =/= you not value yourself and you're being a Ho

you just got a reasonable offer what you shouldn't counter cause it's... reasonable :yeshrug:

Don't need to bargain just for the sake of bargaining if the first offer is good
I get bargaining to see if you can get more, or to at least say you tried. Especially, because if you lose, you can throw that shyt out there later :heh:

LauderdaleBoss

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale

you pretty much explained why Brook took the GGG fight and Eubank Jr didn't.
Good job.:mjlol: