Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
It's funny how the 2 most hated boxers in here are expected to bend over and just take anything in regards to these superfights

but

if you complain about Haymon overpaying nikkas to fight career mode jobbers, it's turns into "Let these boxers maximize their earning potential" or "Why you hating on a nikka getting paid?"

So it's cool for Berto to make 900k against Freddy fukking Hernandez, but everybody loses their shyt when Broner and Golovkin want more money/percentages for superfights where the A-side is going to benefit from their extra popularity.

I guess it's black girl lost, and shorty owe you for ice then...:manny:

Breh, ain't no hate in my blood for golovkin. I ordered his PPV last October, and watch all his fights.

This isn't about AB more so than golovkin. Since when is $10MM+ 'bending over and taking it' :heh: ?? Especially if that's 4 times your career high pay day, and have proven you can't sell a PPV on your own. Furthermore, triple g has never taken A) A risk in fights, and B) Taken short money to maximize his popularity/brand. It's not like the fight's at 157, or they're asking 97g to wear 18oz gloves and Canelo can wear the MMA joints.

Bottom line is at some point you have to take a risk, ggg hasn't ever taken one, and the first tough fight that is offered, they're acting like divas. Canelo's the one moving up as well :heh:

Plus I could be wrong, but I don't think the Canelo/ggg ppv will sell more than Cotto/Canelo, where Canelo took his $5mm and smiled.

But that's just me.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
It's funny how the 2 most hated boxers in here are expected to bend over and just take anything in regards to these superfights

but

if you complain about Haymon overpaying nikkas to fight career mode jobbers, it's turns into "Let these boxers maximize their earning potential" or "Why you hating on a nikka getting paid?"

So it's cool for Berto to make 900k against Freddy fukking Hernandez, but everybody loses their shyt when Broner and Golovkin want more money/percentages for superfights where the A-side is going to benefit from their extra popularity.

I guess it's black girl lost, and shorty owe you for ice then...:manny:

I never said that I think it's cool that Haymon fighters earn so much especially that they demand impossible amounts of money to fight a serous opponent after that...

Boxng became a niche sport and it should start to act like that financially... I know it sucks for us and the sport cause les money draws less talent... but it is how it is :manny: treating it financially like it would be some blockbuster, mainstream shyt is senseless and doesn't make any good...

and who are the two most hated? That suppose be AB and GGG?
I co-sign GGG but Broner is rather loved here imo, only me and a few other guys who don't really like him but even us usually not "hating" just don't really like him and criticize him. Otherwise I'd say he's rather liked here actually.

mr. smoke weed

Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
I never said that I think it's cool that Haymon fighters earn so much especially that they demand impossible amounts of money to fight a serous opponent after that...

Boxng became a niche sport and it should start to act like that financially... I know it sucks for us and the sport cause les money draws less talent... but it is how it is :manny: treating it financially like it would be some blockbuster, mainstream shyt is senseless and doesn't make any good...

and who are the two most hated? That suppose be AB and GGG?
I co-sign GGG but Broner is rather loved here imo, only me and a few other guys who don't really like him but even us usually not "hating" just don't really like him and criticize him. Otherwise I'd say he's rather liked here actually.
I disagree here breh. Boxing is a 'niche' sport, but it's still an extremely valuable one always has been and always will be.

Think about what the purses and such would look like is the US supported boxing like the UK does.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Breh, ain't no hate in my blood for golovkin. I ordered his PPV last October, and watch all his fights.

This isn't about AB more so than golovkin. Since when is $10MM+ 'bending over and taking it' :heh: ?? Especially if that's 4 times your career high pay day, and have proven you can't sell a PPV on your own. Furthermore, triple g has never taken A) A risk in fights, and B) Taken short money to maximize his popularity/brand. It's not like the fight's at 157, or they're asking 97g to wear 18oz gloves and Canelo can wear the MMA joints.

Bottom line is at some point you have to take a risk, ggg hasn't ever taken one, and the first tough fight that is offered, they're acting like divas. Canelo's the one moving up as well :heh:

Plus I could be wrong, but I don't think the Canelo/ggg ppv will sell more than Cotto/Canelo, where Canelo took his $5mm and smiled.

But that's just me.

breh with all due respect.

We all know that you bought GGG's ppv. You don't have to keep telling us that every time you make a golovkin post. :what:

I won't even address anything else since it's pointless to come to terms for a fight a whole fukking year away.

and Pac never wanted a bigger/tougher opponent. They were always gonna go after Vargas.

mr. smoke weed

Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
breh with all due respect.

We all know that you bought GGG's ppv. You don't have to keep telling us that every time you make a golovkin post. :what:

I won't even address anything else since it's pointless to come to terms for a fight a whole fukking year away.

and Pac never wanted a bigger/tougher opponent. They were always gonna go after Vargas.

No offense taken my breh. Just gotta remind folks I'm keeping it consistent.

shyt, I agree, but this is what we do here talk and BS about boxing.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio

So it's cool for Berto to make 900k against Freddy fukking Hernandez
, but everybody loses their shyt when Broner and Golovkin want more money/percentages for superfights where the A-side is going to benefit from their extra popularity.

things bolded i was very vocal about...things i also got as a response in return..the stupidest reply i heard was someone trying to compare my own financial situation at my own job to me saying haymon shouldn't be overpaying these nikkas to fight jobbers :mjlol:

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
I disagree here breh. Boxing is a 'niche' sport, but it's still an extremely valuable one always has been and always will be.

Think about what the purses and such would look like is the US supported boxing like the UK does.

You sure about that? I doN't like the recent trends... at all

PBC losing, HBO startig to put less and less money in it to the point Arum will take Pac and possibly Crawford too away from there...
No real mainstream star after May and Pac (when was the last time this happened...?), Canelo is the closest to that but he is also not a mainstream draw.
Less and less PPV sells in boxing in general

plus in the past there was no real strong competitor for pro boxing among fighting sports. WWE was the closest but that's not a real sport and always drew a little different audience than boxing. Now there's UFC. I doN't know if they have any more upside or if they have how much but let's just say the average, casual gives no fukks abut skills, tactics, etc... they rather want blood and sweat and all action and they rather get that in MMA than in boxing cause in former more thing are allowed and it's more immature, more reckless than boxing.