Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal

Tide Run This

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Garnet N Gold
Canelo always does 300k vs unknowns. His ppv audience is far from shrinking. He sells 300-400k if he has to sell it on his own and :whoo: #s w a draw.

Bet he does more than Pacman next ppv and bet his replay does more than a certain middleweight live #s. :banderas:

Agree with you there I'm more disgusted with the state of the sport where under 300k is considered the top PPV right now shyt kinda hurts my feelings. These UFC throwaway cards like Michael fukking Bisping outdraw Canelo on his fukking Mexican Holiday date Boxing PPV might be thing of past May/Pac fingerpoke of doomed the PPV game for the rest of the young guys :mjcry:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
HBO probably to cheap to even put SOG/KKK over with the casual fans to get them invested HBO gonna fukk up again .

im already mentally preparing myself of having to sit through a struggle concert for this damn ppv..fukking roc nation :francis:..thank god for henny white :wow:..it will get me through that

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Boxing screwed Boxing

Its not Floyds fault N its not Senator Salt Waters fault

I member a few yrs ago muhfukkers would call Floyd Semi retired for fighting 1-2 times a yr

The new nikka generation can't even get 2 fights a yr....N they ain't even fighting the caliber of fighter Floyd was

People been talking bout Rumors of HBO stealing UFC from Fox...if that Happens we better hope N pray Eazy E gets his budget increased N PBC gets a TV contract or we fuuuuucked

#SOG_soldier

New York knicks and phoenix suns stan
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
300k buys is a ridiculous number to do with an opponent like Smith...not to mention the 51k in attendance

I think it's fair to say his drawing power is pretty much consistent with De La Hoya's in his prime.

giphy.gif

A green Wilder damn there took his head off in sparring

VycQ6ko.gif

Now imagine what a more seasoned, experienced version of Wilder is gonna do to a older, slower more immobile 36 year old version of Haye :whoo:
Wilder kos haye. I don't like brits so I wanna see it

H.I.M.

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Canelo ain't no superstar like De La Homo hype him up to be you get the 2 national holidays to you and can't even do a combined 900k for the year De La Homo dumbass talking we gonna do 1.5 mil vs Khan fukk outta here.

If you compare them when they were at similar points in thier career...their numbers are more or less the same. Especially when they were sole draw and didn't have an opponent with a large fanbase.

DLH did 570k w/ Quartey & 590k w/ Mosley when he was 26. He did 350k w/ Campas in '03 on Cinco De Mayo.

Agree with you there I'm more disgusted with the state of the sport where under 300k is considered the top PPV right now shyt kinda hurts my feelings. These UFC throwaway cards like Michael fukking Bisping outdraw Canelo on his fukking Mexican Holiday date Boxing PPV might be thing of past May/Pac fingerpoke of doomed the PPV game for the rest of the young guys :mjcry:

It'll be foolish to assert that boxing isn't in the worse place it's ever been as far as mainstream public interest (in the U.S.)

But don't act boxing didn't go thru a similar pitfall during the mid-2000's when the Heavyweight division fell off...and Roy got KO'd by Tarver right when it was looking like he was about a half-step away from "crossing over"...then Mayweather & Pacquiao rose to mainstream prominence offa the strength of them De La Hoya victories and carried the sport on their back for a decade while surpassing DLH in drawing power...i don't think anybody could've predicted that, even if you knew how supremely talented both were before they attained mainstream success...so who knows what the future holds *floyd voice

The Infamous

Superstar
Daps
According to a member from Jacobs team, GGG/Jacobs has been agreed upon. Split is 70-30 in favor of Golovkin. Should be announced early next week. It's a done deal.

Great fight.

Edit: Fight will probably be held in Vegas. Maybe Cali.

Last edited:

#SOG_soldier

New York knicks and phoenix suns stan
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
They gone either have to come down in the prices or nikkas gone have to put ego aside and work together

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
According to a member from Jacobs team, GGG/Jacobs has been agreed upon. Split is 70-30 in favor of Golovkin. Should be announced early next week. It's a done deal.

Great fight.

Edit: Fight will probably be held in Vegas. Maybe Cali.
I mean you the first one here with any info, so I hope it is true, but that just seems like an odd location. Originally GGG was planning on fighting Nov. 26 in LA, but a Jacobs fight makes a lot more sense and his team said they thought Barclay's had the best relationship with Jacobs. Vegas would be weird...GGG hasn't tested his presence there and Jacobs is more of a hometown draw. Wonder if NY insurance is messing things up.

That is what makes me question its authenticity. But if you right, :salute:.

Edit:
Your post made me want to search for articles and I found this:
Golovkin-Jacobs targeted for Dec. 10 at MSG

Saying that they are targeting GGG-Jacobs for Dec. 10th at MSG. With Canelo out it not only opened up the date, but also potentially leaves extra cash in HBO's budget to make the fight (and that is per Loeffler).

:whoo::lupe:

Last edited:

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
@patscorpio, @LauderdaleBoss, update from GGG's team:

Why Canelo Alvarez vs. Gennady Golovkin won't happen anytime soon

“I made a formal counterproposal to Golden Boy which would guarantee Canelo not only the A-side billing in the marketing of the fight but from a financial standpoint, it would be clearly his biggest purse possible for any fight out there,” Loeffler said. “Naturally, it would also be Gennady’s biggest but I think this offer was skewed the wrong way. It was pushed as so big to Gennady, but you have to remember, at the same time, it would be Canelo’s biggest also.”

Loeffler said he was willing to concede many points. He’s not interested in battling over venue or things such as who walks out first and who is introduced last.

His goal is to get the fight done while maximizing the revenue potential.

“Our proposal to Golden Boy is that we would go wherever the maximum revenue would be,” Loeffler said. “We’d give them the final choice if the bids were competitive or equal. The location won’t be negatively impacted from our side. Gennady has proven he can sell out in New York, L.A. and London, so whether fight is in Las Vegas, [Madison Square Garden], Texas, if they make a bid, we’re not going to be sticklers. Wherever the best offer is, we’re OK with.”

Follows up what I was saying earlier today. GGG will clearly and admittedly assume the role of a B-side, but as a B-side who brings a lot to the table and makes the A-side money he can't get elsewhere. And from what we know the offer made by GB was the first financial offer, GGG's team would be crazy not to counter offer and try and move GB into splitting a bit more.

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
HBO probably to cheap to even put SOG/KKK over with the casual fans to get them invested HBO gonna fukk up again .
Actually suprised @krackdagawd hasn't ripped into HBO more about this. @krackdagawd, we beefin on the regular about GGG, but HBO is doing the Kovalev-Ward PPV dirty. There has been little promotion and they aren't doing a 24/7. :scust:

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
I've been saying for the longest that #AboutBillions shouldn't have taken that lowball Pac offer.

but on the flipside, #GGGoodBoys shouldn't be worrying about coming to terms for a Canelo fight that's not going to take place until a year from now, especially when you got Jacobs lurking around the corner.

Broner and GGG aren't the A-sides in those super fights, but nikkas just want them to just take anything on some Ho shyt just because they don't like them as boxers. :manny:
Career high purses against bigger names is not "just taking anything" nor "ho shyt"...

I'd sign both contracts, as I type :birdman:

...now, granted, I'd be in the ring with a towel tucked in my trunks and as soon as the bell rung I'd be tossin that bytch at the ref, but that's beside the point :dame: