Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Actually breh, I was thinking about AB and our conversations when I wrote that. I just didn't want to tag you up to individualize the post. I hope you remember I was one of the dudes here saying that Broner was worth more than what Arum was lowballing him with. Not quite the same situation, in that I think TR gave Broner the take it or leave it option because they were trying to get something finalized quickly, whereas the Canelo-GGG fight is so far off and is marinating anyways, as long as they are talking then negotiations stretching out isn't the worst thing...may just increase hype in the media.

Both AB and GGG were in the same position. Normally A-sides with large followings and acknowledged as being popular fighters, but being matched against two of the largest A-sides in the biz. They still have to bow down to larger A-side, but they should get more consideration than a typical opponent (like Vargas or Monroe). Pacquiao PPV numbers will show the same as Canelo. Canelo vs. Smith should do 300-350k, not too shabby...but most think Canelo-GGG will do 1 million with some super stan media members (Steve Kim) saying he thinks it could do 1.5 million. Canelo is the A-side bringing the larger fan base, but he doesn't get the cumulative numbers without GGG. Same for Manny. Pacquiao by himself can do more PPV's than virtually any other fighter, but a fight vs. Broner would be double the PPV's of Vargas IMO.

I don't remember the exact numbers I said Broner deserved, I think it was between $4-6 million, plus PPV upside. I think Broner was right to turn it down without being paid fairly. The only caveat I ever had was with Broner's court case and PBC keeping fighter's inactive I felt like taking the fight, even if it wasn't as much as he should get, could be a good win for him since he had been taking a lot of L's lately. I don't remember what Arum's offer to Broner actually was.

The part I find funny though is breh's act like your aren't supposed to negotiate back. If more info keeps coming out that GGG can get $10+ million from Canelo and in the end they pass on the fight and GGG's team is the reason it doesn't happen, breh's can have their day stylin' on him. But GGG does have some leverage. Not A-side leverage, but enough to have business negotiations for the sports current largest PPV. It just makes for easy jokes if you don't like GGG, but guys gotta take care of their business. Don't leave money on the table vs. Canelo if you think there is some to be had. Brehs pick on Kovalev for Duva not paying him enough and Bradley gets praised because Monica finds a way to keep getting him paid. Gotta let your team try to do the best for you and not just take the first offer through the door, even if it is good. Now if it falls apart because of GGG and money, y'all can have fun, but in the meantime the fight is a year away and has crazy hype...so let negotiations play out.

I wouldn't even be surprised if it was on some Floyd-Manny shyt. Every day a breaking media story about the fight is going to happen and then it isn't going to happen, while some people in the industry believed the whole thing was basically agreed to and they played us to keep their names in the news and people salivating. GB and K2 may not be doing it intentionally for that, but I wouldn't be surprised if both parties know the fight will get signed eventually and they aren't mad with the negotiations being public because it only makes people want the fight more.

I know you were with the idea AB should get more breh:salute:

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
Let's not do this. :mjcry:

I'd be on that thread every week:wow:
This fukking guy
8j9sMYG.png

H.I.M.

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

300k buys is a ridiculous number to do with an opponent like Smith...not to mention the 51k in attendance

I think it's fair to say his drawing power is pretty much consistent with De La Hoya's in his prime.

haye vs wilder huh...im leaning on haye knocking out wilder in that one

giphy.gif

A green Wilder damn there took his head off in sparring

VycQ6ko.gif

Now imagine what a more seasoned, experienced version of Wilder is gonna do to a older, slower more immobile 36 year old version of Haye :whoo:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
:sas1:

The funny part is that people act like Pacquiao can make AB an offer and he is supposed to bow down and sign and say thank you. That doesn't mean Pacquiao's offer isn't fair, the largest purse AB would ever receive, or what AB will end up signing for...but isn't that what negotiations are, talks to come to an agreement? Usually when a side makes an offer you view that as your starting point of what they want to give, About Billions Promotions/Al Haymon would be fools if they didn't hit TR up and say, we see what you want to give us without being pushed, what can we get if we push you a little? That is how business is done everyday. If AB takes the offer immediately he is Pacquiao's bytch, if he doesn't take it and counters back he is feeling himself too much and should be grateful for what he is offered. Sure AB is the B-side, but there is some leverage. Pacquiao can't go anywhere else and get the PPV numbers that he will vs. AB. Not saying that changes the fact AB is the B-side, but rather he deserves to counter back and not get completely walked over. Yeah, I see the agenda.

:sas2:

#AboutBillions
I see what you did there.

I still say AB should have taken that Pacquiao fight just as a career booster. Bbecause the perception of Broner is not a good one with the general boxing public (especially with the boxing press who shyt on Broner constantly) and a win or even good showing against Pacquiao completely deads all of the talk about Broner being an underachiever or that his career is a mess.
Fighting Pacquiao was all upside for Broner in my estimation.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
300k was my exact prediction:CaneloRejoice:.......I like how the reporter put 600k less than cotto just to throw shade. bottom line, Canelo can get any random ass no name Eurocac and drop 300k easy. at this point the only other fighter in the game that can do that is floyd. just wait for the ratings on his next fight on free hbo:CaneloRejoice:
Those numbers should really wake the Golovkin camp up to the reality that Canelo doesn't need them for anything and that they need to get more realistic with their negotiations.

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
300k was my exact prediction:CaneloRejoice:.......I like how the reporter put 600k less than cotto just to throw shade. bottom line, Canelo can get any random ass no name Eurocac and drop 300k easy. at this point the only other fighter in the game that can do that is floyd. just wait for the ratings on his next fight on free hbo:CaneloRejoice:

300k vs a nobody :banderas:

:sadteamhotdog:
we need to sticky a thread on nikkas keeping it consistent and if they don't they need to be called out. fukk it.

:sas1:

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I saw this shyt on NSB

It really makes you :ohhh:

Floyd vs Cotto 1.5 ppv buys > HBO 2016 ppv buys combined :dead:

Ward Kovalev gotta do close to 300k to move HBO ahead :heh:
There hasn't been much this year to get PPV fight fans excited about.

Tide Run This

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Garnet N Gold
I saw this shyt on NSB

It really makes you :ohhh:

Floyd vs Cotto 1.5 ppv buys > HBO 2016 ppv buys combined :dead:

Ward Kovalev gotta do close to 300k to move HBO ahead :heh:

Canelo ain't no superstar like De La Homo hype him up to be you get the 2 national holidays to you and can't even do a combined 900k for the year De La Homo dumbass talking we gonna do 1.5 mil vs Khan fukk outta here.