Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
Breh don't take any offense to this. Triple G and his team need to get all the way the fukk out of here. Yes I understand the concept of negotiating (it's literally what I do for work), but some thing get the automatic :francis:

You're the B side you take the offer and KIM. Swift did it with Khan way back when, and oh yeah it made him into a star.

Canelo can fight Shannon Briggs and sell 250-300k ppvs. Canelo was part of the 2nd biggest PPV of all time (oh yeah he took a weight concession too), and he took short money to fight Cotto.

On what planet is $10-11MM for a non PPV draw a non acceptable offer? If this was literally ANY other fighter (except Manny) they'd be getting KILLED in the media. Called a ducker etc. etc. which to me it looks like he's doing now. I hope they have this shyt (if it happens) in Vegas so we can see how those gloves look to a reputable commission.
I see your point I just disagree with the negotiation part.

For one we dont officially know what the offer was and we dont know what the potential pot they are basing projected revenues off of.

I disagree in that GGG shouldnt counter back. I think in business if one side presents their offer it is fair to counteroffer. Now if GGG pulls a Vargas vs. Brook and ducks out after intense negotiations and leaves a fair pot on the table, that is one thing, but we arent there yet. We dont know how it is structured, maybe the cash guarantee is smaller with back end projections making up the $10 million, where a lot of people here just assume he is guaranteed a check for $10+ million. There could be a lot of possibilities. I just dont want to criticize until negotiations have run a full course.

A lot of this comes from the fact that when it all is said and done i dont think money will be an issue. If they both really want to fight each other it will get done. I dont think GGG's team will pass on a career high payday and I think Canelo wants the fight.

Tide Run This

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Garnet N Gold
You sure about that? I doN't like the recent trends... at all

PBC losing, HBO startig to put less and less money in it to the point Arum will take Pac and possibly Crawford too away from there...
No real mainstream star after May and Pac (when was the last time this happened...?), Canelo is the closest to that but he is also not a mainstream draw.
Less and less PPV sells in boxing in general

plus in the past there was no real strong competitor for pro boxing among fighting sports. WWE was the closest but that's not a real sport and always drew a little different audience than boxing. Now there's UFC. I doN't know if they have any more upside or if they have how much but let's just say the average, casual gives no fukks abut skills, tactics, etc... they rather want blood and sweat and all action and they rather get that in MMA than in boxing cause in former more thing are allowed and it's more immature, more reckless than boxing.

UFC got shyt on lock the ppv buys are bout to set yearly records. I don't know why Dana trying to hotshot Rousey into title shot they could still make money off Holm rematch before she becomes irrelevant.

Gonna be interesting couple of years im hoping Showtime can pick up slack hbo been on recently hbo do crummy business they were very disrespectful to canelo I thought other night postfight

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
Actually suprised @krackdagawd hasn't ripped into HBO more about this. @krackdagawd, we beefin on the regular about GGG, but HBO is doing the Kovalev-Ward PPV dirty. There has been little promotion and they aren't doing a 24/7. :scust:

Beef over boxing?:childplease:

I've shyt on HBO enough at this point it's :manny: main events/rocnation are just as much to blame.

Showtime is dumb too they seen hbo lacking all year could have put on some fire n got new subs.

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
Breh, ain't no hate in my blood for golovkin. I ordered his PPV last October, and watch all his fights.

This isn't about AB more so than golovkin. Since when is $10MM+ 'bending over and taking it' :heh: ?? Especially if that's 4 times your career high pay day, and have proven you can't sell a PPV on your own. Furthermore, triple g has never taken A) A risk in fights, and B) Taken short money to maximize his popularity/brand. It's not like the fight's at 157, or they're asking 97g to wear 18oz gloves and Canelo can wear the MMA joints.

Bottom line is at some point you have to take a risk, ggg hasn't ever taken one, and the first tough fight that is offered, they're acting like divas. Canelo's the one moving up as well :heh:

Plus I could be wrong, but I don't think the Canelo/ggg ppv will sell more than Cotto/Canelo, where Canelo took his $5mm and smiled.

But that's just me.

10milli is bending over by the nikka who sold 97k ppvs and his career high 2milli? let that sink in :wow:

Meanwhile these same exact writers called Broner out his name for wanting more than 4 million. These same exact writers were calling out Canelo out his name this whole time. But we the haters for pointing that out.

Ain't no shame in my game I don't like ggg, well maybe not ggg I don't like his team, the media n his fans. He is a perfect example of how nikkas have to work 4x as hard to get the praise that others do. Look at Canelo resume in comparison to dude and look how hbo and the media speak about dude. :what:

He is a better man than me fam I would have told them all to go suck dikk the minute they started talking crazy. Then again he banging univision novela chicks and riding horse I doubt he gives a fukk.

Last edited:

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
I never said that I think it's cool that Haymon fighters earn so much especially that they demand impossible amounts of money to fight a serous opponent after that...

Boxng became a niche sport and it should start to act like that financially... I know it sucks for us and the sport cause les money draws less talent... but it is how it is :manny: treating it financially like it would be some blockbuster, mainstream shyt is senseless and doesn't make any good...

and who are the two most hated? That suppose be AB and GGG?
I co-sign GGG but Broner is rather loved here imo, only me and a few other guys who don't really like him but even us usually not "hating" just don't really like him and criticize him. Otherwise I'd say he's rather liked here actually.

You aint been here long enough if you believe this:mjlol: