Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
If Wlad wins the rematch then option a

if Fury then option C cause a Joshua fight is easily more marketable, people seem to care about him more and take him more seriously than Fury plus it seems like it's much easier to deal with Joshua's team than Fury's who is known for his fukkery around fights. I would trsut in Joshua first.

How to manage to not being taken 100% serious even after you beat Wlad? Be Tyson Fury. :russ:

Option B can wait, unifiers > mandatories. WBC also lets its champions to unify before the mandatory. Unification gives temporary pass from mandatories. And Wilder shouldn't reclaim the belt cause he wasn't stripped.
:deadmanny:

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
Uncle Bob knows how to relate to the youff

14355084_1039831956136579_1601352528523382216_n.jpg

:mjlol:

:

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
Y'all need to quit jumping the gun. How many new business fail within the first 5 years? They're buying 2 to 4 hour blocks of television during prime time hours, of course they spent a shytload of money.
That article isn't really about as much of PBC losing money, but the funds that PBC is getting their investment from have lost significant value, mostly due to risky investments (PBC being one) and shareholders being upset. PBC isn't just at risk for its own financial decisions, but the decisions being made by the people running the fund.

I still have nothing against the basic model of PBC, just think it has been executed poorly: giving fighters larger purses than anyone else would be willing to and when marketing a show they put too many fights which should be undercards as main events (I'm looking at you Charlo's), and having the most popular and ratings driving fighters only suit it up once a year.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Y'all need to quit jumping the gun. How many new business fail within the first 5 years? They're buying 2 to 4 hour blocks of television during prime time hours, of course they spent a shytload of money.
Problem is that this business is highly dependable on TV channels and investors...
Former won't sign new contracts with them after the first ones expire then latter ones also stop investing money in it cause w/o the wide coverage there's eve less chance that it will pay off one day

King P

Legends Never Die
Daps
Reppin
Views From The X

:duck:

Foreman himself admitted a while ago that he had a contract from Don King to get a fight with Tyson, but chose not to sign it. He also admitted that he's glad the fight didn't happen because Tyson would have hurt him real bad.

Big George my dude, but he gotta stop changing stories and contradicting himself :rudy:

#SOG_soldier

New York knicks and phoenix suns stan
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
Cause Foreman wins that fight 90 times out of 100

Breh's did y'all see @houston911 's thread in the Booth about "Rappers talking that I'd rather shoot than fight...." ? If not check it out. The amount of p*ssys we have on thecoli is unreal :wow:
nikka my last name not Garcia or broner. I don't fight, I just up pipe

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
I still have nothing against the basic model of PBC, just think it has been executed poorly: giving fighters larger purses than anyone else would be willing to and when marketing a show they put too many fights which should be undercards as main events (I'm looking at you Charlo's), and having the most popular and ratings driving fighters only suit it up once a year.

I, as well as every knowledgeable head in here, will agree with you. My point is, give them more than 16 months to figure out the kinks. I think PBC has learned a big lesson so far this year. Hopefully, that leads them to make some needed changes for next year. B/C we can't have the cycle of ducking and suiting up once a year continue.

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
Problem is that this business is highly dependable on TV channels and investors...
Former won't sign new contracts with them after the first ones expire then latter ones also stop investing money in it cause w/o the wide coverage there's eve less chance that it will pay off one day
PBC didn't have any channels sign contracts with them (to my knowledge), they've been paying to air the fights.

I totally agree from a financial POV. I'm just saying let them have more than 1.5 calendar years to work the kinks out. I don't think HBO or Top Rank had it all figured out in their first 18 (and this is really 16 months and 13 days) months, so give PBC the same benefit of the doubt.