Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
c/s 100%

J-Rock been saying he wants Canelo, but he knows Canelo got the juice and all he can do is hope that his name gets called in the future.

Whereas the rest of these nikkas acting like Canelo owes them something, then gets mad when he gives them the "who the fukk is you" treatment :mjlol:

These dudes should be at the very least gunning for Lara, so that they could try and beat him and have a leg to stand on

Except they won't fight Lara because he's part of their same gym :heh:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Because Liam Smith is buzzing

The fukk outta here :camby:

There ain't NO excuses for Canelo. Especially after he drops this belt after he beats Liam when Andrade is the mando :camby::camby:
Exactly if canelo wants to duck GGG then he better do his best to make the best fights at 154...the other 154 cats may not want to fight each other but it doesn't excuse canelo's bullshyt..you'd think these young cats would be frothing at the mouth to want to be number 1 in that division....a division that was stagnated by Floyd's bullshyt...well CW and 130 still remain the best weight classes for the time being

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
@Cole Cash

aight breh..my views on Haymon and PBC

I don't see Haymon as some savior for boxing mostly because of how the fighters he "advises" are compensated in contrast to what they have actually done in the careers. Alot of his fighters are overpaid for fighting the most non descript opponents and passing them off as must see cards.

He all but turned boxing on showtime into shyt with this matchmaking practice last year. shyt was disgusting to me :scust: esp since i pay for the channel. I also think that shyt ruins fighters, especially young and/or upcoming fighters. It breeds laziness and complacency along with tendency for risk aversion. I also can give 2 shyts on what fighters make as an excuse for this. Hell its already starting to rear its head in some of his main fighters already and I think its going to get worse.

PBC is the culmination of Al's efforts to preserve his fighters from taking Ls. Now I thought PBC's intent, besides trying to showcase boxing on more mainstream level, was showing a better quality of fights. Especially with that roster he has under his control. i don't feel that way at all. I'm not the people that are nitpicking the design, or the broadcasting team, or the entrances for PBC and dismissing it off that. That type of shyt is trivial and cosmetic in the bigger picture of things. What is important though is it matchmaking. I don't feel the cards are any different from your FNF, Shobox, HBO BAD, regular Showtime card. It has its fights here and there and I do have a PBC fight as the current leading FOTY candidate (Huck-Glowacki - ironically neither are PBC fighters lol). However it is the one thing I harp about PBC. The potential for good cards are there but its not being executed right.

Now I hear the typical response "Pat its on free TV though :steviej:". That shouldn't be any reason to excuse the matchmaking. I also feel because there's so many PBC cards these days, it is used as a crutch. For example the 3 undercard fights on the past Floyd-Berto card shytted on every PBC card i've seen, which is all of them. That was on a PPV and that is the type of level of fights i thought PBC was going to bring to the game. Now with all that I've seen every PBC card on TV and have even been to one live with plans on seeing another one live next month. I do it because I love boxing..nothing more nothing less.

If im going to drink the PBC kool aid, the matchmaking has to improve and even better work with other promoters

so thats basically a sum of my thoughts..most of the cats on here have heard them before in different variations

Actually found my post on what I said about PBC from last September...I'm even more amazed on how right I was...this is why the business of boxing should never take precedence over the sport of boxing..you get the bullshyt that has been running rampant in this year

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
i dont like boxers being paid big money to fight non descript opponents, jobbers, bums..it creates entitlement...i dont think its good for boxers or the sport...i think it ruins fighters..it makes them less competitive and adverse to risk..all you have to see for an example is 147 right now among the fighters signed to haymon

This was an excerpt of a post I made a day after the other one...you can apply this to 154 as well

mr. smoke weed

Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
Actually found my post on what I said about PBC from last September...I'm even more amazed on how right I was...this is why the business of boxing should never take precedence over the sport of boxing..you get the bullshyt that has been running rampant in this year
Hopefully the match making will get better now that Schaef Dog showed up. His 10/15 card will be fire.

But yea the bullshyt at 154 is just that, bullshyt. Dude's win a few fights over applicable opponents and are now holding out for MMs? :camby: with that

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea

Something really important DOES need to be said for PBC though. And I say this as someone who isn’t a fan of PBC or Haymon at all. If they continue as is, we might get the first generation of boxers where dozens retire with their wealth and their health. And as boxing fans, who always come together to shed a tear for the broken fighters this sport spits out, we’ll have to come to face the fact that what’s truly in the best interests of boxers runs almost entirely opposite in what’s in the best interest for us, the fans.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Something really important DOES need to be said for PBC though. And I say this as someone who isn’t a fan of PBC or Haymon at all. If they continue as is, we might get the first generation of boxers where dozens retire with their wealth and their health. And as boxing fans, who always come together to shed a tear for the broken fighters this sport spits out, we’ll have to come to face the fact that what’s truly in the best interests of boxers runs almost entirely opposite in what’s in the best interest for us, the fans.
I also agree with that but it also needs to be a balance....2013 was a year that balance seemed to have been there..should have continued into 2014

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
Vitali eating that uppercut from Lewis and Larry getting up from that right hand from shavers...both ridiculous

:mjlol: at fury getting dropped by USS...never not be funny to me
That uppercut is the hardest punch I've ever seen not knock someone out. I am convinced that punch would have debacled any other human in the history of time.

People need to look at that punch to understand why some of us said Vitali would KO Tyson back in that greatest heavyweight series of debates.

The man is indestructible.

Vitali was probably shielding people from mortars and jumping on grenades in the Ukraine riots.

mr. smoke weed

Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
That uppercut is the hardest punch I've ever seen not knock someone out. I am convinced that punch would have debacled any other human in the history of time.

People need to look at that punch to understand why some of us said Vitali would KO Tyson back in that greatest heavyweight series of debates.

Vitali was probably shielding people from mortars and jumping on grenades in the Ukraine riots.

That lewis uppercut was straight :scusthov:

I haven't ran that fight back in forever and still remember that shyt. Vitali's eye = :sadrigo7:

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY

Meanwhile Corrie Sanders (RIP) had homey looking like Curtis Stevens after getting dropped by GGG :heh: We need a smiley of Vitaly's face from that. Lewis had good power (especially with his right hand) but I feel it was a tad overrated.