Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
You'd rather Tank vs Sniper than Sosa breh?:patrice:

I don't know about that...Pedraza is decently accurate & Tank has stamina/defense problems. I think he beats Sosa, but I wouldn't him him in with Pedraza just yet. Maybe another fight or 2 down the line:lupe:

That draw against Walters was bs & Fortuna was bound to get KOd by someone bc he was too sloppy and wasn't defensively responsible. Matter of fact, me & @patscorpio came to the conclusion that Fortuna was ripe to lose his belt bc of his recklessness in the ring when throwing punches. Sosa caught him good & clean:obama:

I never believed in Fortuna
Pedraza is better than Sosa, yeah

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
That draw was a BS draw though, Axe Man should have win that
You'd rather Tank vs Sniper than Sosa breh?:patrice:

I don't know about that...Pedraza is decently accurate & Tank has stamina/defense problems. I think he beats Sosa, but I wouldn't him him in with Pedraza just yet. Maybe another fight or 2 down the line:lupe:

That draw against Walters was bs & Fortuna was bound to get KOd by someone bc he was too sloppy and wasn't defensively responsible. Matter of fact, me & @patscorpio came to the conclusion that Fortuna was ripe to lose his belt bc of his recklessness in the ring when throwing punches. Sosa caught him good & clean:obama:

I never believed in Fortuna
Yeah that draw was bs although imo Walters wasn't at his best after losing his title due to missing weight against mariaga. And its been a long time since I've heard from him. I don't think Sosa wants a runback anytime soon .......

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
Well, Tyson was facing a closer to prime Holyfield than Toney did:manny:

Holyfield was 35 vs Tyson in their last fight...he was 41 vs Toney:yeshrug:
Evander would have beat Tyson in 2003, too.

Toney's just a stylistic nightmare for Holyfield.

Smother a fighter who wants to move as little as possible and counter punch from a shell, brehs.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Evander just got the shyt boxed out of him by Bryd beforehand. Since Floyd ain't a heavyweight, the 3rd defense gawd from Michigan had to finish up what was left of the real deal.

To his credit I don't think any heavyweight would face a style that is a nightmare for themselves 3 bouts in a row (Bryd, Toney, Donald)

That takes balls.

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
Evander just got the shyt boxed out of him by Bryd beforehand. Since Floyd ain't a heavyweight, the 3rd defense gawd from Michigan had to finish up what was left of the real deal.

To his credit I don't think any heavyweight would face a style that is a nightmare for themselves 3 bouts in a row (Bryd, Toney, Donald)

That takes balls.
That takes 11 kids you can't feed.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
James Toney vs Bernard Hopkins is a fight we missed out on:wow:

They could never get on terms to make a fight:wow:

they were never really in the same division at the same time..they prolly could have met at 168 sometime in the 90s but once Toney went to CW..forget it

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale

I'm sure that prolly played a part, but Holy had a name, he could have fought anybody and got paid, dude was chasing belts and recognition.

He could have done what Roy is doing now, fighting bums across the world and getting some bread, and that Holy wasn't even as washed as Roy is now. Dude legit thought he could beat Bryd, Toney, and Donald.

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
joker-laugh-o.gif

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
I'm sure that prolly played a part, but Holy had a name, he could have fought anybody and got paid, dude was chasing belts and recognition.

He could have done what Roy is doing now, fighting bums across the world and getting some bread, and that Holy wasn't even as washed as Roy is now. Dude legit thought he could beat Bryd, Toney, and Donald.

the donald fight was a low point..it wasn't even a prime donald that beat him too..in fact donald never won another fight after that one :heh: