Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
WBA Approves Jason Sosa-Gervonta Davis Title Fight

By Jake Donovan

Efforts by the World Boxing Association to consolidate its number of titlists have been temporarily placed on hold in the super featherweight division. The sanctioning body confirmed that recently crowned titlist Jason Sosa has been granted a voluntary defense, which will come versus unbeaten Gervonta 'Tank' Davis.

The bout is tentatively slated to take place on October 22 at a location to be announced in the coming days. Free-to-air American television network NBC has that date set aside for a Premier Boxing Champions telecast, although this bout has yet to be confirmed to appear (main event or otherwise) on the show.

News of the match-up was first mentioned by Michelle "Raging Babe" Rosado during a recent edition of The Morning Punch-In Show With RB & Jae.

Sosa (19-1-4, 15KOs) hit the jackpot with an upset win over Javier Fortuna, rallying from behind to score an 11th round knockout in their title fight this past June in Beijing, China. The feat marked 14 straight wins by knockout for the scrappy boxer from Camden, New Jersey, a run interrupted only by a controversial 10-round draw with former featherweight titlist Nicholas Walters last December.

Davis (16-0, 15KOs) has been groomed for a title shot from the moment 2015 became 2016. The 21-year young blue-chip prospect entered turned pro in 2013 following a well-decorated amateur career. He hasn't at all disappointed in the pro ranks, even catching the eye of former pound-for-pound king Floyd Mayweather, who now acts as his promoter through his Mayweather Promotions outfit.

The title fight is the first for Davis, who has scored knockout wins in all but one career bout. Included among the lot are stoppage victories in each of his past seven starts, with his past four either airing live or appearing via clips on Spike TV and Bounce TV.

Original plans called for Sosa to face WBA "Super" 130 lb. champ Jezreel Corrales, who earned the label following an upset of his own in a stunning two-round knockout of long-reigning Takashi Uchiyama eaerlier this year. The WBA has confirmed that such a consolidation bout remains on the docket, with Corrales to face the Sosa vs. Davis winner likely during the 1st quarter of 2017.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
I honestly doubt that he's ever gonna make more money with fighting Danny on any way than with fighting Pac
I doN't think that Danny will be that big of a draw and Broner is also not that big of a name as he was like 3 years ago when his hype was poppin
point is: Pac is a faded name but still a PPV name, he proved that he can sell PPVs, he is still a huge draw in boxing terms. Same can't be said about Danny and Broner. I don't say that they are nobodies or that nobody cares about them but they are not quite on Pac's level of fame.

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
:childplease: Woulda shoulda coulda.. Lil nikka had an opportunity to prove it in the ring but he spit on it cause he knew what was up, and didn't really want no parts

:mjlol: at the thought of a nikka who lost 5 rounds to Paulie Malignaggi giving Pac that work
I think AB believes he can 100% beat Pac. I also believe AB thinks he's worth $10MM+ppv back end for a Manny fight.

mr. smoke weed

Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
Rosada/Mongoose a decent fight but I imagine Diaz Jr got another mismatch, this card is definitely gonna be streamed

:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

Wasn't Willie Monroe Jr. 'Blackballed' after his fight with 97g? Now he's been on a Showtime (I think) card in the past 2 months and will be on a PPV in a month. Quite some blackballing :heh:

Still pissed he didn't end up fighting at the Elk Grove Village rec center though

mr. smoke weed

Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi

Tank definitely ain't ready for Sosa. Unless training with Floyd has given him +5 everything since his last fight

Donde esta Axeman :mjcry: @yawn

#SOG_soldier

New York knicks and phoenix suns stan
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
I honestly doubt that he's ever gonna make more money with fighting Danny on any way than with fighting Pac
I doN't think that Danny will be that big of a draw and Broner is also not that big of a name as he was like 3 years ago when his hype was poppin
point is: Pac is a faded name but still a PPV name, he proved that he can sell PPVs, he is still a huge draw in boxing terms. Same can't be said about Danny and Broner. I don't say that they are nobodies or that nobody cares about them but they are not quite on Pac's level of fame.
I agree but Bob offering peanuts. He would get a 45-55 split with danny

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Tank definitely ain't ready for Sosa. Unless training with Floyd has given him +5 everything since his last fight

Donde esta Axeman :mjcry: @yawn

sosa seems to be a pretty durable guy...if he gets past the middle rounds with tank, tank is prolly getting ko'ed

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
sosa seems to be a pretty durable guy...if he gets past the middle rounds with tank, tank is prolly getting ko'ed
idk...

He is durable but I think Walters beat him just the judging fukkery made that to a draw and also he was behind Fortuna on the scorecards also got knocked down once (edit: yeah he wasn't seriously hurt in that) when he could KO Fortuna, who always was sloppy.

If Davis can be defensively sound and he doesn't gas out he can beat Sosa.

Last edited:

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
from the home of coca-cola, i'm not referring to s
:heh: at you thinking Paulie won 5 rounds especially with all the those punches he was missing with or hitting shoulders and forearms.

nikkas always say that fight was close when it never really was. shyt was like Ghost vs Swift. The nikka that loss won the 1st 4 rounds and then got their ass kicked the rest of the fight.

The Ponce De Leon fight was closer. I'll give you that, but :camby: with all that other shyt you spewing.
I truthfully had Paulie winning 3 rounds
It was a close fight.. the majority of rounds that Broner won were close rounds.. Fight was much closer than it should be for anyone thinking he does anything with Pacquiao

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
I truthfully had Paulie winning 3 rounds
It was a close fight.. the majority of rounds that Broner won were close rounds.. Fight was much closer than it should be for anyone thinking he does anything with Pacquiao

Like styles making fights don't have anything to do with that, but I see you.

We'll still have to disagree with that being a close fight.

shyt you got nikkas in here thinking the Theopane fight was competitive. :mjlol:

I've come to accept that nikkas just hate Broner and will make any fight he's in close or etc...:manny:

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
You know I'm not American and I just got to know that Canelo vs Smith will be really a PPV :mjlol::pachaha:

probably I heard it before but forgot it completely

It's gonna flop even with the Mexican and British support.