Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
gassiev punches hard as fukk..he scored a ridiculous KO some months ago...CW is filled with punchers though among their champs and contenders.....the only division where the fighters really fight each other...no ducking no politics no nonsense..the only division i rate above them is 130 due to the higher quality of fighters but not by much
yeah he definitely punches hard but so do other fighters I'd need something else to call him a top prospect but tbh he mostly seemed like a plodder to me... Guess we will see
and yeah I agree on cruiserweight being good. I think it's because it's a less frequented division by the big promoters so boxing politics can influence it less

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
@patscorpio

Just when we agreed upon cruiserweight not being political :pachaha:

fukking Shumenov, man... Why is that guy even close to a cw title shot? Who cares about his ass after a 49 years old Hopkins schooled him in a lower weightclass? :mjlol:

Shumenov holds the WBA regular version of the CW title..i.e. the Danny Jacobs title lol..why he is complaining who knows? Especially when the WBA will eventiallu mandate the winner of that fight vs him to unify those titles

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Call $4mm+PPV backend for a fighter who's never been on PPV a 2pc with biscuit meal, brehs.

Remember that's what Bradley got, and he's headlined his own PPV before.

Do I have to go into the fact that Bradley's draw/attendance in the sport of Boxing is nowhere near AB's again? :dwillhuh:

Why would he accept the same amount of money Bradley got, when he's a bigger draw than Bradley & we all know he would sell more tickets and PPV buys vs Pacquiao than Bradley did in April?:jbhmm:

Last edited:

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
gassiev punches hard as fukk..he scored a ridiculous KO some months ago...CW is filled with punchers though among their champs and contenders.....the only division where the fighters really fight each other...no ducking no politics no nonsense..the only division i rate above them is 130 due to the higher quality of fighters but not by much

Gassiev is a very hard puncher...Abel Sanchez is doing nice moving him.

This will be a good fight:obama:

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
from the home of coca-cola, i'm not referring to s
Do I have to go into the fact that Bradley's draw/attendance in the sport of Boxing is nowhere near AB's again? :dwillhuh:

Why would he accept the same amount of money Bradley got, when he's a bigger draw than Bradley?:jbhmm:

Because Bradley signed a multifight deal with Top Rank.. Buscuits would be signing for a 1 fight deal.. thats why with all his attendance, at the of the end of the day he struggles to get 7 figures..

But then again, this the same clown that turned down a $40 million deal from Roc Nation :mjlol:

Last edited:

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
Bob Arum mentions ESPN, Turner and Showtime to possibly carry Pacquiao

Bob Arum is in the process of trying to find a television partner to distribute Manny Pacquiao’s return bout against Jessie Vargas on Nov. 5 and listed ESPN, Turner Broadcasting and even Showtime as potential carriers after HBO passed on the fight, he told RingTV.com on Tuesday.

“It’s going to be distributed on Dish (Network), Direct TV, etc., etc., and now we’re working on a distribution partner to fill the role of HBO,” Arum said in a phone interview. “Definitely it’s not going to be HBO. HBO had a contract and decided to pass because it was two weeks in front of their Ward-Kovalev fight.”

Sergey Kovalev’s light heavyweight championship with Andre Ward is schedule for Nov. 19 in Las Vegas on HBO PPV. Pacquiao’s bout with Vargas is on Nov. 5 and will also appear on the pay-per-view platform. “If they hadn’t passed on the right, we wouldn’t have had any option,” said Arum of having the Nov. 5 fight on HBO PPV. “They had a contract.” HBO has now given up its contractual right to any of his future fights, Arum said, including a possible lucrative rematch with Floyd Mayweather Jr. HBO Sports, which declined comment, had a multi-fight deal with Pacquiao; a source said it’s not clear if the contract becomes void if Pacquiao leaves for one fight.

Arum hasn’t reached out to Showtime yet about carrying Pacquiao-Vargas, he said. Showtime told RingTV.com on Monday it’s open to carrying Pacquiao’s next fight but no discussions have taken place yet with Showtime boxing chief Stephen Espinoza. “I haven’t spoken to them,” Arum said. “But there would be no impediment to that.”

Arum is currently vacationing in Aspen. “When I get back next week, Stephen will be one of the guys I’m calling,” he said. The other options to carry the fight are Turner and ESPN, he said

• Dap
Reactions: L68

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
:mjcry:

8d63cecdaed6255a4e45cba63d00c5ac.jpg

Lucas did KTFO of Peterson when he was IBF champ. Should have won one then. Oh well, he's the Cubs of Boxing.

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi

Why would he accept the same amount of money Bradley got, when he's a bigger draw than Bradley & we all know he would sell more tickets and PPV buys vs Pacquiao than Bradley did in April?:jbhmm:
He's not Bob's fighter.

He's never been on PPV, not even an undercard. I believe 4mm would be double his previous high purse, correct? And he's making approximately, 1.25mm a fight on PBC right?

So what's better breh, $4MM+ back end ppv's, plus the exposure and prestige of fighting on PPV, not to mention a chance to fight and beat Pacquiao.

Or the fight he has scheduled now? Oh shyt I just checked, AB doesn't have a fight scheduled, nor is there a rumor about one coming up.

So :jbhmm: what would you do breh? Fight Pac on ppv for like 6mm+exposure, or fight two times in 2016, with one of those being against Theopane?