Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
I get not negotiating in the media (See what happened w Sergio/Floyd)

But more dudes should pull a Fury/Shane Mosley when they rushed the stage and called dudes out. Even if it sets up an easy 'out', it's better than calling them out via twitter IMO.
Well, when you ain't got shyt to lose, sure.

And yes, live and in-person is ALWAYS better than Twitter/Instagram/Facebook, etc etc etc...

HeruDat1

Superstar
Daps
I am Errol Spence Jr., top welterweight contender. Before fighting Leonard Bundu on NBC this weekend, I'll be here to answer your questions starting Friday 8/19 at 2pm ET/11am PT/7pm BST. Ask Me Anything! • /r/Boxing

Welcome to reddit. Would you rather fight one horse-sized duck or 100 duck-sized horses?

Do you think you'll ever fight Klitschko?

:snoop:

Errol, what REALLY happened with the sparring sessions between you and Broner and you and Floyd? Floyd was shown sporting a black eye and rumors were that you knocked Broner CLEAN out with sparring gloves... Others say you shook him up so badly it had to be stopped. Nothing was ever confirmed though. Can you spill the beans on these legendary sessions?

:lupe:

Last edited:

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
Suikoden's Minimumweight thoughts:

-These guys suck
-CP Freshmart vs Menayothin is the ONLY great fight available at this wasteland of a division.
-Apparently Takayama and a young Japanese fighter are fighting for a vacant title. History will be made no matter which one wins (either youngest ever Japanese champ or only 5X Japanese fighter)
And guess what? It's not even being covered by Japanese TV nationally :russ: :snoop:
Only locally........ Japan :ufdup:
-Argumendo vs Rojas would be good as well. Rojas deserves a title shot and Argumendo was good enough to beat Takayama so, why not. Mexico vs Nicaragua, it'll sell somewhere I'm sure.
-Ya'll wonder why I stan Ricardo Lopez so hard..... THIS is why. Even Roman G was a beast. I'm not giving these guys a hard time just because they're small and don't produce a lot of KOs. They (top 5-10) don't fight each other often enough, and when they do... it's usually a disappointing stinker.

... that's it, that's all I got, I honestly don't know nor care about the rest of them guys.

@Newzz you keep going out of your way to mention me to make my predictions, I apologize for not making them, I'll get back on it

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
From a negotiations stand point, I understand why fighters don't call out other fighters much these days...

1. B-side fighter wins a significant bout :obama:
2. B-side fighter publicly calls out A-side fighter :pacspit:
3. A-side manager and promoter sees this :sas1:
4. A-side manager and promoter calls B-side manager and promoter for a meeting... and they sign a non-disclosure agreement before the meeting begins :sas2:
5. A-side offers 2-piece biscuit meal with a medium soda :heh:

...here's where it gets interesting...

6a. B-side fighter balks at the deal, 2 sides can't come to a compromise, no deal :damn:
7a. A-side states they made an offer, B-side didn't want it, they're moving on :youngsabo:
8a. B-side claims they were low-balled, media chooses whoever they want to support :yeshrug:

or

6b. B-side says, ok. :shaq:
7b. :leon: They make sure everything is OK with the trainer and fighter... they'll get back to B-side team
8c. B-side claims they accepted everything and never got a contract, media chooses whoever they want to support :manny:

Really, the only time big fights get made is when BOTH FIGHTERS agree to it and PUSH for it. Otherwise, it's left in the hand of politics.

:ehh:

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
nah interims are no real champs...you know that

:mjcry:

8d63cecdaed6255a4e45cba63d00c5ac.jpg

VoolKyx.jpg

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps

This will be a slugfest :ehh:

I have Lebedev in this one, similar styles but Lebedev is better and more experienced
I was just watching two Gassiev fight today... Dude didn't impress me tbh... a little like a less reckless, cruiserweight Provodnikov. Doesn't fight on the inside, only from his preferred distance, can't fight on the backfoot, not fast, little to none head and lateral movement, doesn't really use angles, gunshy if his opponent doesn't stand right in front of him...
I doN't know why this guy being hyped as a top prospect... :yeshrug:
Lebedev is also no a sweet technician but in his own style he is fine and I think he will beat Gassiev.

From Russian lhw-cw prospects I'm the most impressed with Beterbiev and Umar Salamov, they seem real good. Gassiev not so much...

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio

This will be a slugfest :ehh:

I have Lebedev in this one, similar styles but Lebedev is better and more experienced
I was just watching two Gassiev fight today... Dude didn't impress me tbh... a little like a less reckless, cruiserweight Provodnikov. Doesn't fight on the inside, only from his preferred distance, can't fight on the backfoot, not fast, little to none head and lateral movement, doesn't really use angles, gunshy if his opponent doesn't stand right in front of him...
I doN't know why this guy being hyped as a top prospect... :yeshrug:
Lebedev is also no a sweet technician but in his own style he is fine and I think he will beat Gassiev.

From Russian lhw-cw prospects I'm the most impressed with Beterbiev and Umar Salamov, they seem real good. Gassiev not so much...

gassiev punches hard as fukk..he scored a ridiculous KO some months ago...CW is filled with punchers though among their champs and contenders.....the only division where the fighters really fight each other...no ducking no politics no nonsense..the only division i rate above them is 130 due to the higher quality of fighters but not by much