Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Yep.

Andrade is ranked #1 by WBA & WBC....and he's ranked #2 by the WBO meaning he will be the mandatory for whoever wins Canelo vs Smith:obama:

I think he leaves 2017 with all 3 belts around his waist:sas1:

#ATeam

:sas2:

really... WBC not IBF
the fukk is wrong with me today :dahell:
Guess now I mixed up ther two Charlos

Anyways if he collects one of the bels doesn't that mean that he will be stopped being ranked on other organizations' lists?

HeruDat1

Superstar
Daps
I have yet to see Floyd sign, or spot a good young prospect who wasn't already dealing with someone else first. Even his most hyped prospect currently, Tank Davis, was with AB & the HeadBangerz first...and then AB gave him to Floyd. Mikey Garcia was 35-0, former Champion, and a pound for pound fighter....Floyd mentioning him is after the fact, because we already know Garcia is special AND Arum already found him and made him into a star. Why didn't Floyd spot him before?

Haney could be that guy, he's signing with TMT once he turns 18 he said, but I don't know yet. He seems way too arrogant & young to be who he thinks he is, but we will see soon:ehh:

Yeah you right, those guys were already buzzing. I will give him the benefit of the doubt since he appears to be more serious about promo, and this is the olympics he's got good picking imo. These UZB and Kazakh fighters have been good (Cuba of course). They also have countries behind them, a formula he knows.

But TMT has done some good, I mean he had a lot of his guys on TV at least, Bey, Tabiti, Davis, Jack is about to unify with Degale etc. Did anyone watch, different story but they were on TV lol.

Haney is 17 man :ohlawd:, he should have a long career ahead of him. Nothing wrong with him beating up guys for the next couple years while he grows into his body.

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
If Tank gets a belt or becomes a big name... Floyd/TMT absolutely gets credit for that

Nobody knew or cared bout tank til he signed with TMT...

Prospects sign deals with lil promoters/ run with low level crews...get "found" N sign with big promoters erry day

Nobody says Golden Boy finding Canelo doesn't count N All Star Boxing gets that credit :heh:

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
:gladbron:

I wanna stan this guy, but I'm not sure he'll ever get paid in more than random cows and rations of gas.

@Yuzo how come Erislandy Savon(I think he's the one that just got bronze) have never made their way over?
They have to defect... which means leaving your family behind, surviving on a plank of wood across a body of water and hope there's
A: No police
B: Somebody on the other side to pick you up

I don't know if the recent relation patches between the US and Cuba have changed this process but......

George's Dilemma

Banned
Supporter
Daps
They have to defect... which means leaving your family behind, surviving on a plank of wood across a body of water and hope there's
A: No police
B: Somebody on the other side to pick you up

I don't know if the recent relation patches between the US and Cuba have changed this process but......

Yeah I remember reading this prior to his last fight. One of the few things I give Obama some credit for is starting the part to some normalizing of relations with Cuba.

Cuban Erislandy Lara fights for chance to see family left behind

Now 33, Lara is the WBA junior middleweight titleholder and happily based in Houston, with his wife and three young children. Yet ahead of his title defense against Vanes Martirosyan Saturday, Lara revealed how he is still driven by an inner pain.

Lara’s two oldest children — from a previous relationship — Erislandy, 12 and Roberlandy, 10, remain in Cuba, as does the boxer’s mother.

“It hurts every day,” Lara said. “Communications are a little better now and we have better contact. But the biggest dream I have is for us to all be together. It would mean the world just to see my boys, watch them play sports, go to their school.” :mjcry:

Lara’s departure from Cuba was fraught. He and junior featherweight Guillermo Rigondeaux defected during the Pan Am Games in Brazil in 2007, but were apprehended by Brazilian authorities and returned to Cuba.

They were briefly incarcerated in one of Fidel Castro’s beach houses and were given lifetime bans from boxing.

A year later, Lara attempted to defect again. He first had to hike through snake-ridden swampland to reach the Cuban coast, then, along with 30 other hopeful refugees, boarded a speedboat across the treacherous waters of the Yucatan Channel to Mexico.

“The journey was 18 hours altogether,” he said. “When we got close to Mexico we had to wait until sundown. We were wet, cold and hungry – and we didn’t know what was waiting for us. I wouldn’t wish it on my worst enemy.”

Yet Lara’s attempt was successful and after a stint training in Europe, he moved to the U.S. in 2009. Despite his advancing years, he plans to fight for at least another five, believing his late start as a pro will increase his longevity. :wow:

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
How old was breh that he was fighting, dude got a hairline like Ginobili. Good looks on posting, tried to watch the replay yesterday on the NBC app and they didn't have individual bouts for selection, they need to fix that.
Dude was 26 or 28

lol@ bj flores fighting for a title. I know he boxes announcing dude never brings it up

HeruDat1

Superstar
Daps
Yeah I remember reading this prior to his last fight. One of the few things I give Obama some credit for is starting the part to some normalizing of relations with Cuba.

Cuban Erislandy Lara fights for chance to see family left behind

Now 33, Lara is the WBA junior middleweight titleholder and happily based in Houston, with his wife and three young children. Yet ahead of his title defense against Vanes Martirosyan Saturday, Lara revealed how he is still driven by an inner pain.

Lara’s two oldest children — from a previous relationship — Erislandy, 12 and Roberlandy, 10, remain in Cuba, as does the boxer’s mother.

“It hurts every day,” Lara said. “Communications are a little better now and we have better contact. But the biggest dream I have is for us to all be together. It would mean the world just to see my boys, watch them play sports, go to their school.” :mjcry:

Lara’s departure from Cuba was fraught. He and junior featherweight Guillermo Rigondeaux defected during the Pan Am Games in Brazil in 2007, but were apprehended by Brazilian authorities and returned to Cuba.

They were briefly incarcerated in one of Fidel Castro’s beach houses and were given lifetime bans from boxing.

A year later, Lara attempted to defect again. He first had to hike through snake-ridden swampland to reach the Cuban coast, then, along with 30 other hopeful refugees, boarded a speedboat across the treacherous waters of the Yucatan Channel to Mexico.

“The journey was 18 hours altogether,” he said. “When we got close to Mexico we had to wait until sundown. We were wet, cold and hungry – and we didn’t know what was waiting for us. I wouldn’t wish it on my worst enemy.”

Yet Lara’s attempt was successful and after a stint training in Europe, he moved to the U.S. in 2009. Despite his advancing years, he plans to fight for at least another five, believing his late start as a pro will increase his longevity. :wow:

:wow::wow:

I knew about Lara and Rigeaux but just hearing the details of it all.

:mjcry:

Free Da Cuban Boxing Schools