Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi

NBC doesn't work in my country :pacspit:

Well, fukk you then NBC...

Brasillian dude wasn't ready for all that, shocked judges didn't score 3-0.

Shakur's punches all flow naturally, nothing about them is robotic. Likewise, his foot movement, in terms of circling the ring and getting in/out, is next level. He definitely seemed pro ready in that fight. His power also looked good and I don't think he was putting a lot on those shots.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
So Cotto really out here trying to drag Gamboa up to Junior Middleweight for a fight?:dahell::what::scust::dead:
:martin: Gamboa was out of weight class at lightweight...how the hell he going to be worth a damn moving all the way up to Jr Middle?
And Cotto needs to be ashamed of himself for even trying to make that fight. There are a gang of Welterweights he could be looking at if he is interested in fighting someone smaller than him.

HeruDat1

Superstar
Daps
Brasillian dude wasn't ready for all that, shocked judges didn't score 3-0.

Shakur's punches all flow naturally, nothing about them is robotic. Likewise, his foot movement, in terms of circling the ring and getting in/out, is next level. He definitely seemed pro ready in that fight. His power also looked good and I don't think he was putting a lot on those shots.

Shakur was doing shyt I see Loma and Ward do like knocking down the opponents guard and pawing at the guard to set shyt up. I dont see that from a lot of pros.

Man the judges robbed a couple guys so blatantly yesterday. Judges were on point since day 1 but yesterday was a huge slide. Watch Thailand vs Russia.

HeruDat1

Superstar
Daps
Floyd doesnt have the best eye for talent....just check his TMT roster for confirmation of that:manny:

How much of his rosters power is due to his general inexperience as a promoter though? I mean Al is still that guy, and TR is TR, he's dealing with what's left, off purely star power.

Besides at the games, it's clear as day who the top guys are. Picking up any of these 18-23 year olds would help his roster a lot. A number of guys have a lot of his style as well.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
How much of his rosters power is due to his general inexperience as a promoter though?

None, because people come to HIM just off the strength that they like him as a fighter....it's just that he either loses them (Jessie Vargas), they see how TMT actually operates and chooses to sign elsewhere (AB), or they stay (Devin Haney). He probably has it easier than any other promoter as far as having prospects already leaning towards signing with him bc they idolize him.

I mean Al is still that guy, and TR is TR, he's dealing with what's left, off purely star power.
Al Haymon is a manager...you cant sign to PBC.

TR has Arum who goes after top notch amateurs from other countries (Guillermo Rigondeaux & Vasyl Lomachenko) but more importantly, he has a knack for consistently finding diamonds in the rough aka Boxers who weren't Olympians (Nonito Donaire, Terence Crawford, Mikey Garcia, Nicholas Walters, etc) and making stars out of them. Floyd doesn't do either.

Besides at the games, it's clear as day who the top guys are. Picking up any of these 18-23 year olds would help his roster a lot. A number of guys have a lot of his style as well.

No it's not, because amateur success doesn't always translate to pro success.

Look at all the Champions in Boxing currently from 122 - Heavyweight....how many of them actually won a medal at the Olympics?:mjpls:

:manny:

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps

This really deserves its own thread...... but this is the worst decision I've seen since............. shyt, I'm not even sure.

I'm literally at a loss of words on this one :dwillhuh: