Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Brasillian dude wasn't ready for all that, shocked judges didn't score 3-0.

Shakur's punches all flow naturally, nothing about them is robotic. Likewise, his foot movement, in terms of circling the ring and getting in/out, is next level. He definitely seemed pro ready in that fight. His power also looked good and I don't think he was putting a lot on those shots.
Only me or anyon else feels like ha this guy fights like Ward? I mean the style... :ohhh:

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
TMT scouting the next crop.
The Cuban La Cruz at LHW
:wow:

Yo if TMT could get Young Makaveli and Swag Doctor X aka Cuban La Cruz, that shyt would be niceeeee!

Was funny watching more of the boxing yesterday and realizing other countries mostly send dudes about my age range (23-32?) :dahell: to the Olympics, that surprised me. We usually only see young pro prospect coming from here :jbhmm:

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi

:whoo:

Mikey Garcia better be on point, because this is definitely a losable fight for him:ehh:

Can't see the tweet at work, who's he gonna fight? Is it someone we've seen fight before (the general boxing public)? Or am I gonna have to youtube this brah

HeruDat1

Superstar
Daps
None, because people come to HIM just off the strength that they like him as a fighter....it's just that he either loses them (Jessie Vargas), they see how TMT actually operates and chooses to sign elsewhere (AB), or they stay (Devin Haney). He probably has it easier than any other promoter as far as having prospects already leaning towards signing with him bc they idolize him.

Al Haymon is a manager...you cant sign to PBC.

TR has Arum who goes after top notch amateurs from other countries (Guillermo Rigondeaux & Vasyl Lomachenko) but more importantly, he has a knack for consistently finding diamonds in the rough aka Boxers who weren't Olympians (Nonito Donaire, Terence Crawford, Mikey Garcia, Nicholas Walters, etc) and making stars out of them. Floyd doesn't do either.

No it's not, because amateur success doesn't always translate to pro success.

Look at all the Champions in Boxing currently from 122 - Heavyweight....how many of them actually won a medal at the Olympics?:mjpls:

:manny:

Your initial statement was Floyd doesnt have an eye for talent via his roster, signing someone on the business end is completely different than spotting WHO to sign. No different than Mikey Garcia recently, he recognizes the talent (not that he discovered him), but actually inking the deal requires more than having an eye.

Now if you were talking about an inability to land talent then I wouldn't disagree.

And you can see the differences in skill with these guys breh, they don't have to have a medal around their neck. And no doubt Ams is about scoring points, pros is about hurting the other man but skills are skills. And some of the guys are doing both. Its not like promoters backed off Floyd and RJJ because they didn't gold.

Don't think you can measure Floyd who's a start up promoter vs a guy like Arum whose 40+ years in the game. Which is why I said, he can spot talent all he wants but he's not seasoned in the promo game on the ink side.

And I would argue that AB and Haney are taking a page out of Floyd's book and choosing to use AL as a manager, with their own promotion. Haney is smart, no reason to sign with Floyd when he can get it on his own.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Your initial statement was Floyd doesnt have an eye for talent via his roster, signing someone on the business end is completely different than spotting WHO to sign. No different than Mikey Garcia recently, he recognizes the talent (not that he discovered him), but actually inking the deal requires more than having an eye.

Now if you were talking about an inability to land talent then I wouldn't disagree.

And you can see the differences in skill with these guys breh, they don't have to have a medal around their neck. And no doubt Ams is about scoring points, pros is about hurting the other man but skills are skills. And some of the guys are doing both. Its not like promoters backed off Floyd and RJJ because they didn't gold.

Don't think you can measure Floyd who's a start up promoter vs a guy like Arum whose 40+ years in the game. Which is why I said, he can spot talent all he wants but he's not seasoned in the promo game on the ink side.

And I would argue that AB and Haney are taking a page out of Floyd's book and choosing to use AL as a manager, with their own promotion. Haney is smart, no reason to sign with Floyd when he can get it on his own.

I have yet to see Floyd sign, or spot a good young prospect who wasn't already dealing with someone else first. Even his most hyped prospect currently, Tank Davis, was with AB & the HeadBangerz first...and then AB gave him to Floyd. Mikey Garcia was 35-0, former Champion, and a pound for pound fighter....Floyd mentioning him is after the fact, because we already know Garcia is special AND Arum already found him and made him into a star. Why didn't Floyd spot him before?

Haney could be that guy, he's signing with TMT once he turns 18 he said, but I don't know yet. He seems way too arrogant & young to be who he thinks he is, but we will see soon:ehh:

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
It's a mandatory defense for Culcay
Why he fukk does that guy still have a belt what he can defend? :francis:
Isn't WBA trying to trim down the number of their champions/weightclass to one in this very minute?

I hope after this they stop fukking around and feed Jermell to Andrade. He would deserve it cause he seems clearly better than Jermell

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
Why he fukk does that guy still have a belt what he can defend? :francis:
Isn't WBA trying to trim down the number of their champions/weightclass to one in this very minute?

I hope after this they stop fukking around and feed Jermell to Andrade. He would deserve it cause he seems clearly better than Jermell

Lara vs Andrade will be ordered by the WBA after Andrade wins the belt.

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
I mixed it up, thought Lara is the IBF and Jermell the WBA champ for a minute

I knew ha Andrade is firs on both organizations' list though

He will have a harder job against Lara but I would still pick Andrade.

Yep.

Andrade is ranked #1 by WBA & WBC....and he's ranked #2 by the WBO meaning he will be the mandatory for whoever wins Canelo vs Smith:obama:

I think he leaves 2017 with all 3 belts around his waist:sas1:

#ATeam

:sas2: