Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Return of the Khryst
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA
ill never understand why mayorga was able to give viper such a hard time in the ring..viper had all the physical and skill advantages :dahell:
mayorga had a combination of a good chin, stubborn will and stamina (for a smoker/drinker) back then,and he was cool/got better at the 147 run plus he mentally got Viper in his playground. Could not believe what I saw in the first fight live on tv.

when he had that 2nd fight with 6 head lewis..I was like Hmmmm this central Americano is going to make things interesting.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
mayorga had a combination of a good chin, stubborn will and stamina (for a smoker/drinker) back then, he mentally got Viper in his playground. Could not believe what I saw in the first fight live on tv.

when he had that 2nd fight with 6 head lewis..I was like Hmmmm this central Americano is going to make things interesting.
and thats what makes it a little :mindblown:..cory spinks was able to box him up without getting into any trouble..the old saying..styles makes fights..you just never know who has your number

ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Return of the Khryst
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA
and thats what makes it a little :mindblown:..cory spinks was able to box him up without getting into any trouble..the old saying..styles makes fights..you just never know who has your number
mayorga underestimated spinks and paid for it, plus those low blows and ref helping spinks did not help Ricardo even more. Oh well.
But the fall came pretty much fast when that lazy ass became heavy and wanted to campaign at 154/158 and got his ass wooped over the place..

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
mayorga underestimated spinks and paid for it, plus those low blows and ref helping spinks did not help Ricardo even more. Oh well.
But the fall came pretty much fast when that lazy ass became heavy and wanted to campaign at 154/158 and got his ass wooped over the place..

but he still managed to pick up another belt at 154 and put the final nail in vargas's career..if only he had discipline

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
Felix Verdejo is a future bum. Bank on it.

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
loma got caught with this overhand/right hook multiple times.

4tNZFY.gif

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
Wilder: One More Fight Before Povetkin

After his laboured victory recently over the unheralded Eric Molina, WBC heavyweight champion Deontay Wilder faced more intense scrutiny of his championship credentials than ever before, with significant numbers of fans and writers convinced the Alabama man is merely a pretender to the heavyweight throne and certainly not the America’s next great hope.

In his latest chat via fighthubtv, the “Bronze Bomber” promised he will be returning on September 26th in what will be another voluntary defence of his title, and his words did nothing to quell the fears of those who want to see a credible, ranked fighter in the opposite corner;

“When we’re dealing with a heavyweight title fight, I tell people, ‘you have to throw away his (opponent’s) record, you have to throw away the opponents he’s fought. At the end of the day, that don’t mean nothing.”

Wilder seems to believe that because a part-timer is getting a shot at the heavyweight title, that opportunity alone will give them the desire to perform above expectation – especially as they know they have a chance at changing their lives forever – particularly financially.

It’s almost as if he expects pure blind faith to be able to win fights alone and that skill-set is unimportant. A worryingly delusional way of thinking that inspires no hope in him fighting anyone credible until forced.

“It’s like fighting out of poverty” he said. “When you get that opportunity, you gonna take advantage to the fullest and that’s how fighters are supposed to look at it.”

“We looking at going again in September. I told people that once I become champion, I wanna be an active champion. So we gonna look at another guy in the top 10.”

Whether that actually happens or not, (top 10 fighter) remains to be seen, yet Deontay will not be able to run from his mandatory challenger, Alexander Povetkin, for too long.

And he knows it.

“I’m looking forward to fighting him, fighting my first mandatory. We looking to go into negotiations October sometime, and I’ll have another fight before then and fight him at the end of the year.”

It’s more than possible the fight ends up in Russia. If Povetkin made Klitschko travel there due to the deep pockets of his backers, one would surely think Wilder is going the same way?

It’ll certainly be interesting to see what happens.

http://www.boxing247.com/boxing-news/wilder-one-more-fight-before-povetkin/43683