Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Amare's Right Hook

Southeast World Champion
Daps
Collazo training with the military

images.jpg

Collazoarmybase2.JPG

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
It's gone now given all the comp he's faced, but I remember during Cotto's climb up the ranks there were a LOT of questions around him. Not a lot of people really bought him as a legit P4P #1 type dude, and given the inevitable Tito comparisons, it definitely did him no favors. His career always seemed SUPER well-thought out. There definitely was a genuine feeling going into the Zab match that he was about to be exposed and look how deep into his career that was.

Willy Waffle

Willy Da Waffleman
Daps
Reppin
#GIANTS #KNICKS #RANGERS
Cotto my dude, but anybody putting him over Tito is a fukking retard.

Your right! I'm just thinking about it and there's no way anybody can put cotto over tito. just off the top of the head i tried comparing the 2. Tito just has better names (HOF) names on his resume. Even if cotto beat sergio and win a 4 divison title, it would help but he's still not passing tito.

titos resume/accomplishments
3 division champ
dlh
vargas
reid
yori boy
mayorga
joppy
camacho (past prime)
whitaker (past prime)

cottos resume/accomplishments
3 division champ
paulie
zab
quintana
torres
shane
margarito
clottey
mayorga (past prime)

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Your right! I'm just thinking about it and there's no way anybody can put cotto over tito. just off the top of the head i tried comparing the 2. Tito just has better names (HOF) names on his resume. Even if cotto beat sergio and win a 4 divison title, it would help but he's still not passing tito.

titos resume/accomplishments
3 division champ
dlh
vargas
reid
yori boy
mayorga
joppy
camacho (past prime)
whitaker (past prime)

cottos resume/accomplishments
3 division champ
paulie
zab
quintana
torres
shane
margarito
clottey
mayorga (past prime)

You should also add...

15 Welterweight title defenses

Unified 147 & 154

And most importantly....

Undefeated vs Mexicans :blessed:

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Now if cotto had beaten manny and floyd, then it would be debatable

Exactly, but I don't think those 2 losses hurt him like that. It took a future ATG in Hopkins to beat Tito and I'm not even counting past prime losses to Winky/Roy. Losing to Floyd and Manny ain't the end of the world when we talking about all time lists. Same thing with Hatton.

I actually think the Trout and Margarito losses hurt him more. Tito would have murdered Margarito and Trout. Those 2 losses weren't to HOF's or ATG's. They were bad style match up losses. Tito overcame bad style match ups all the time and it took dudes at the highest level to expose/outbox dude (Oscar, Hopkins)

Matter of fact, Tito would probably be undefeated if he fought the nikkas Cotto fought. Cotto would prolly have twice as many losses as he has now if he fought Tito's comp.