Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
vanes and molina never had lara hurt or in danger. molina just threw more punches that missed and were blocked vanes just got a gift he landed ten punches in that entire fight against lara. angulo knocked lara down 2x but i thought lara dominated that fight i dont score for fighters just because they throw more punches that get blocked and miss thats not boxing. lara is a hype job then what is golovkin? the best fighter golovkin ever fought is kassim ouma.
Getting your ass whooped and running doesnt constitutes danger:stopitslime:

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
Southpaw sensation Fidel “The Atrisco Kid” Maldonado Jr. (17-2, 14 KO’s) may hail from Albuquerque, New Mexico, but if the 22-year-old keeps delivering performances like his recent seventh-round stoppage of Luis Ramos Jr., fans in San Antonio are likely to adopt him as one of their own. Maldonado Jr., a former amateur star who bounced back from two 2012 losses to win four consecutive bouts, three by knockout, is back at Cowboys Dancehall tonight when he faces hard-hitting Puerto Rican John Nater (13-4, 10 KOs) on FOX Sports 1 and FOX Deportes in the main event of the second 2014 installment Golden Boy Live!.

Boxing & Wrestling on Monday..........I've gotta case of the :blessed: Mondays

bigbadbossup2012

Biggest baddest boss
Daps
ggg hasnt fought any fighter like lara. in twenty nine career fights the nearest thing to lara he has fought against higher quality opponents was rosado and that fight showed me that ggg would have weaknesses against more defensive fighters that can move and box him and stay away from that power. that would be more of a step up in quality of opponent for ggg than lara. on paper lara should dominate him. the kind of knockouts ggg has been having against the kind of fighters hes been fighting only make it seem like its not that way
Man I'm more of a lara fan than GGG and i'd be rooting for lara. But seeing him get ran up on by angulo,makes me feel he doesnt have a chance. I know he broke dude eye and won it,but i dont see him doing GGG like that. GGG is stronger bigger and smarter than angulo. He'd get hurt

Yuzo

No nice guys in boxing
Daps
Man I'm more of a lara fan than GGG and i'd be rooting for lara. But seeing him get ran up on by angulo,makes me feel he doesnt have a chance. I know he broke dude eye and won it,but i dont see him doing GGG like that. GGG is stronger bigger and smarter than angulo. He'd get hurt
i want to ask you this besides those two knock downs what did angulo really do to lara in that fight? those two knock downs were flash knock downs. golovkin is bigger and stronger but he is more of a boxer puncher he doesnt fight like angulo. thats the wrong comparison to make.

bigbadbossup2012

Biggest baddest boss
Daps
i want to ask you this besides those two knock downs what did angulo really do to lara in that fight? those two knock downs were flash knock downs. golovkin is bigger and stronger but he is more of a boxer puncher he doesnt fight like angulo. thats the wrong comparison to make.
For what,the knockdowns happened. GGG is a better fighter than angulo skill wise and power

Yuzo

No nice guys in boxing
Daps
For what,the knockdowns happened. GGG is a better fighter than angulo skill wise and power
because besides those two knockdowns you wouldnt be saying how ggg would beat lara because of the angulo fight because besides those knockdowns lara was handling and dominating angulo. two flash knockdowns dont take away an entire fight of work and a stoppage. thats the wrong fight to criticize lara. styles make fights and a slick boxer is the style i think beats golovkin which he hasnt fought yet. everybody is making a mistake thinking that he cant be outboxed. any fighter can be outboxed especially a one dimensional fighter that i think golovkin is. but the fight probably wont ever happen because its really a lose/lose scenario for golovkin to take that fight.

bigbadbossup2012

Biggest baddest boss
Daps
because besides those two knockdowns you wouldnt be saying how ggg would beat lara because of the angulo fight because besides those knockdowns lara was handling and dominating angulo. two flash knockdowns dont take away an entire fight of work and a stoppage. thats the wrong fight to criticize lara. styles make fights and a slick boxer is the style i think beats golovkin which he hasnt fought yet. everybody is making a mistake thinking that he cant be outboxed. any fighter can be outboxed especially a one dimensional fighter that i think golovkin is. but the fight probably wont ever happen because its really a lose/lose scenario for golovkin to take that fight.
He can be outboxed,lara showed he was too sloppy for me to think he'd get past him,ward on the other hand has shown me enough to believe he could take the pressure.

Yuzo

No nice guys in boxing
Daps
you might be right the difference between you and me is i dont think golovkin is as good as everybody thinks he is though

bigbadbossup2012

Biggest baddest boss
Daps
you might be right the difference between you and me is i dont think golovkin is as good as everybody thinks he is though
DO I thinkhe's the greatest boxer skill wise,naw. But I do think there's a method to his madness and lara dont have the tools to get around it. He's one of them andre dirrell/zab judah type nikkas but he's not a floyd,andre ward,hopkins type nikka.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Is Lara proposing a catchweight or is he willing to move up to middleweight to face Golovkin?
Either way I would be interested in seeing it just to see how the dichotomy of styles matches up and whether the big punch of Golovkin wins or if the boxing skill of Lara takes it.
HBO needs to make this happen ASAP!

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Everybody and their mom know Maidana has been trying to get the bigger payday of a Floyd fight and that is why he put Broner's rematch on the bus...you acting like you figured out some deep dark secret.
NEWSFLASH! Fighter who whooped up on overhyped blabbermouth like he was his daddy is in no rush to get locked into a rematch when there is a chance he can get a bigger check and more exposure in fight with the best fighter in the world!!!!!

:rudy:

So, calling out his lies is wrong?:comeon:

See, yall keep talking around that. Yes, Maidana could've said he wanted to check and see what's the better options for him out there....and left it like that. However, he made up multiple lies/excuses up for not being able to take the fight. If he just wanted to wait for Floyd, which he would've been an option for anyways, he could've said that.

if it wasn't a talking point, like you're portraying it not to be, 2 of the biggest boxing websites wouldn't be speaking out on it:ufdup:

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
Is Lara proposing a catchweight or is he willing to move up to middleweight to face Golovkin?
Either way I would be interested in seeing it just to see how the dichotomy of styles matches up and whether the big punch of Golovkin wins or if the boxing skill of Lara takes it.
HBO needs to make this happen ASAP!
Don't think it would happen. Lara is with Al Haymon right?, so it would be Haymon-Showtime negotiating with HBO. No way HBO would let one of their top tv draws fight on Showtime...and even if it was on HBO don't think it would be done, Haymon-HBO=no chance of a fight right now.
Too bad...would love to see the fight.

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
Did anyone even see lara vs angulo? Angulo was balling out there my nikka. He was cutting the ring off beautifully, walking him down, jabbing, AND HIS BODYWORK WAS CRAZY. Angulos very intelligent not given enough credit.

Yuzo

No nice guys in boxing
Daps
Did anyone even see lara vs angulo? Angulo was balling out there my nikka. He was cutting the ring off beautifully, walking him down, jabbing, AND HIS BODYWORK WAS CRAZY. Angulos very intelligent not given enough credit.
nah

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
Official scorecards at the time of stoppage were pretty accurate IMO. Lara was winning more rounds, but Angulo had the 2 KD's and had banked rounds too.
It was a close fight and Angulo gave Lara everything he could handle.