Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
barren month, but when it's back on March 1st :ohlawd:

JCC Jr vs Vera
Steiglitz vs Abraham III

and of course the main event.. Burns vs Crawford

ill be praying for vera to beat the breaks off jr again and hopefully stop him
abe i dont think has mentally recovered from by being ko'ed by steglitz...hes gonna get get that ass whooped again
crawford better re break burns's jaw and take his belt :demonic:...im sick of burns escaping somehow as champ...his luck ends that day

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
It's real damn close. I'd pick lara but by very narrow margins. Lara got KD twice by Angulo and I think GGG is a harder puncher, but he's never fought someone with the D of Lara, who is fast and can also crack

King P

Legends Never Die
Daps
Reppin
Views From The X
BgD29VJCEAA8Cj_.jpg

:banderas:

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's real damn close. I'd pick lara but by very narrow margins. Lara got KD twice by Angulo and I think GGG is a harder puncher, but he's never fought someone with the D of Lara, who is fast and can also crack

I'd say it's a 50-50 fight off the top of my head. Never really thought about this fight happening.

For Lara to be willing to leave his division to take that fight, he definitely "likes" that fight & see's something he can exploit. Fighters do it all the time. Hopkins does it all the time. Roy did it when he targeted Ruiz. It can also backfire, but Lara had a great amateur career & was under the Cuban system, so he knows what he's doing.

Lara was kd's twice by Angulo, but every fight is different. You use experience from one fight in future bouts. Plus Angulo gives everyone hell. It seems like people have been shiiting on Angulo so much that he's become underrated. I give Angulo a very good chance of winning his next fight. Haven't made an official prediction on that one though.

Lara's also is atleast trying to make shiit happen. You got guys like Khan hoping for something to fall into their lap. GBP wants you to have that fight Khan, but you gotta help your promoter out by winning fights. If he would have took the Alexander fight & won, he wouldn't even have to worry about polls & shiit like that. He'll prolly still get the fight

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
Per usual the odds are less than 1/1,000,000 of this happening with the HBO/Showtime beef. Even though GGG isn't a Top Rank fighter he is an exclusive HBO fighter and arguably their most prized asset. It has been pretty obvious HBO has been trying to control everything with his fights. Being that GGG is one of the most popular fighters (per HBO ratings) there is no way this fight would be on any network other than HBO. After boxingscene remembers HBO+Showtime=No fight, it is an interesting matchup.

I would pick GGG. Lara's boxing ability could keep GGG off him for a bit, but not 12 rounds. The power would be too much. Lara was in a dogfight vs Angulo and I think GGG and Angulo are completely different animals.

Willy Waffle

Willy Da Waffleman
Daps
Reppin
#GIANTS #KNICKS #RANGERS
Per usual the odds are less than 1/1,000,000 of this happening with the HBO/Showtime beef. Even though GGG isn't a Top Rank fighter he is an exclusive HBO fighter and arguably their most prized asset. It has been pretty obvious HBO has been trying to control everything with his fights. Being that GGG is one of the most popular fighters (per HBO ratings) there is no way this fight would be on any network other than HBO. After boxingscene remembers HBO+Showtime=No fight, it is an interesting matchup.

I would pick GGG. Lara's boxing ability could keep GGG off him for a bit, but not 12 rounds. The power would be too much. Lara was in a dogfight vs Angulo and I think GGG and Angulo are completely different animals.

i totally agree with that, i can see lara for the first 4-5 rounds outboxing ggg but, i think ggg wear him downs and stops him. i don't like the fight at 160 for lara . i would love to see this shyt though, i'd be rooting for lara.

Yuzo

No nice guys in boxing
Daps
on paper lara dominates ggg. on paper. ive seen fighters get knocked down by jabs when they werent set like toney vs peter and clottey vs cotto but i never seen a fighter get knocked down legitimately by a jab in boxing before ggg did it. ggg doesnt so much got that thumping power but he has those kind of shots that break fighters down and do more damage than it looks just painful little punches. lara has to pitch a perfect game to win that fight. i dont know if he could do that.