Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
barren month, but when it's back on March 1st :ohlawd:

JCC Jr vs Vera
Steiglitz vs Abraham III

and of course the main event.. Burns vs Crawford
No mention of Salido vs. Lomachenko? That's the best match up of the week imo

on paper lara dominates ggg. on paper. ive seen fighters get knocked down by jabs when they werent set like toney vs peter and clottey vs cotto but i never seen a fighter get knocked down legitimately by a jab in boxing before ggg did it. ggg doesnt so much got that thumping power but he has those kind of shots that break fighters down and do more damage than it looks just painful little punches. lara has to pitch a perfect game to win that fight. i dont know if he could do that.
fukk outta here. NOBODY will dominate GGG. Nobody. Not saying Lara can't win but I guarantee it will be a hard earned W

Yuzo

No nice guys in boxing
Daps
a good boxer should dominate ggg. a andre ward or erislandy lara should dominate ggg. lesser fighters look good against ggg but fall apart round by round. ggg fights look kind of like versions of chavez vs taylor 1 in ways. on paper a fighter like lara or ward logically should beat him but the way fighters break down under his punches is unique in the sport right now and it goes against logic. i couldnt confidently pick any fighter to beat ggg right now.

bigbadbossup2012

Biggest baddest boss
Daps
a good boxer should dominate ggg. a andre ward or erislandy lara should dominate ggg. lesser fighters look good against ggg but fall apart round by round. ggg fights look kind of like versions of chavez vs taylor 1 in ways. on paper a fighter like lara or ward logically should beat him but the way fighters break down under his punches is unique in the sport right now and it goes against logic. i couldnt confidently pick any fighter to beat ggg right now.
Ward would do him. Lara would get hurt

Yuzo

No nice guys in boxing
Daps
Ward would do him. Lara would get hurt
ggg hasnt fought any fighter like lara. in twenty nine career fights the nearest thing to lara he has fought against higher quality opponents was rosado and that fight showed me that ggg would have weaknesses against more defensive fighters that can move and box him and stay away from that power. that would be more of a step up in quality of opponent for ggg than lara. on paper lara should dominate him. the kind of knockouts ggg has been having against the kind of fighters hes been fighting only make it seem like its not that way

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
I'm just gonna drop this here in the middle if this Broner/Garcia convo:

It's an oldie but still a goodie.:pachaha:

2574831-8798349651-mj-la.gif

shyt cracks me up everytime, bytch ass fraud nikkka

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
It's real damn close. I'd pick lara but by very narrow margins. Lara got KD twice by Angulo and I think GGG is a harder puncher, but he's never fought someone with the D of Lara, who is fast and can also crack
Whoever thinks Lara wins doesnt know shyt about boxing, far lesser fighters gave Lara that work......Is not GGG 20x more beastly than Molina Vanes and Angulo people, one fight vs a bum nikka like Trout skews yall perception now what have I been trying to drill in yall heads about hype jobs:snoop:

shyt is a PR stunt anyway

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
Ali Raymi issues challenge to #1 Wanheng
By Robert Coster

Colorful, eccentric and always exciting WBO #7 minimumweight contender Ali Raymi of Yemen has issued a challenge to touted WBC #1, WBO #2 and WBA #4 rated Wanheng Menayothin of Thailand. Raymi (20-0, 20 KOs) achieved a measure of fame by breaking the record for most consecutive first round knockouts from the beginning of a career. Wanheng boasts an unbeaten record of 32-0, 10 KOs. Raymi has challenged the Thai contender to travel to Yemen for the fight, promising him a $20,000 purse. “I know that in Thailand, promoters pay Wanheng in pineapples, coconuts and flavored condoms,” stated Raymi. “I’m offering him real money to fight me in Yemen.”

Raymi continued, “If he feels Thailand will pay him the same money and wants me to come to Thailand, I will be more than glad to do so because I fear no judges, always winning by KO. I know that Yemen is a better option because sponsors will pay more, opposed to Thailand where the pay will be weak. Regardless, no excuses. Lets make this fight. Don’t go complain again that I am harassing your fighter. It’s boxing. If you don’t want him to fight me, go pray for peace.”

164d263f_ibxFWGla38dwbC.gif

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Both fighthype.com:

http://fighthype.com/news/article16127.htm

Didnt Maidana say he wanted to take some time off anyway? The other thing very few people are considering in this entire scenario is the fact that Team Maidana already told Al Haymon that April 19th was too soon to get back in the ring for the Adrien Broner rematch because Maidana generally needs 6 weeks to rest after a fight and 10 more weeks for training camp. Add in the fact that Maidana is expecting the birth of his daughter in mid-March as another reason he wouldnt have enough time to adequately train. I am fully aware that a Mayweather payday could change all of that, but if Maidana is the one to get this fight, it proves that he was in no hurry to get back in the ring for a Broner rematch (and no, I'm not saying he is scared of Broner). In case you need a little help doing math, April 19th and May 3rd are only 2 weeks apart. Two weeks is not gonna make or break anything in my opinion.

And boxingscene.com

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=74518

As for Maidana, it’s amusing that his team had turned down an immediate rematch with Broner for April 19 or April 26, saying that Maidana wanted to spend time with his girlfriend and their soon-to-be-born daughter, resting and then returning for a full training camp. It’s amusing, because a fight with Mayweather would be just one or two weeks later than the Broner bout would have been.

Both websites bring up the points that ya boy @Newzz been making for the past couple weeks about Maidana making up all types of excuses on why he cant fight AB, but yet he can fight Floyd. But yet, yall said I was wrong?:what::rudy::camby:

Yall better start listening to ya boy, because people without the "I hate Broner" shades on see the bullshyt for what it is:ufdup:

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
Whoever thinks Lara wins doesnt know shyt about boxing, far lesser fighters gave Lara that work......Is not GGG 20x more beastly than Molina Vanes and Angulo people, one fight vs a bum nikka like Trout skews yall perception now what have I been trying to drill in yall heads about hype jobs:snoop:

Completely agree. No shot at Lara, he may be the best fighter at 154 (not named Floyd), but 154 isn't real deep right now. Lara can get sloppy in his defense, despite having excellent boxing skills when he's on point.
I think we forget the excellence that Floyd can do to bigger stronger fighters and assume other guys can do it. Lara lasts a few rounds before succumbing to the power of GGG. Angulo was only down on two cards by 1 point and had sent Lara down twice. Angulo never looked really hurt until his eye got fukked up.

Like I've said, GGG has a great style for 160. He cuts off the ring and puts on constant pressure. With the current lineup of fighters I think GGG would feast on everyone at 160 or below. It's when he moves up to 168 or 175 that his advantages can start to work against him.

Now a matchup I would love to see is Lara vs Kirkland. Both fighters can be hurt, Lara's overall skill advantage vs Kirkland's warrior determination. :whew:

Last edited:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Both fighthype.com:

And boxingscene.com

Both websites bring up the points that ya boy @Newzz been making for the past couple weeks about Maidana making up all types of excuses on why he cant fight AB, but yet he can fight Floyd. But yet, yall said I was wrong?:what::rudy::camby:

Yall better start listening to ya boy, because people without the "I hate Broner" shades on see the bullshyt for what it is:ufdup:
Everybody and their mom know Maidana has been trying to get the bigger payday of a Floyd fight and that is why he put Broner's rematch on the bus...you acting like you figured out some deep dark secret.
NEWSFLASH! Fighter who whooped up on overhyped blabbermouth like he was his daddy is in no rush to get locked into a rematch when there is a chance he can get a bigger check and more exposure in fight with the best fighter in the world!!!!!

Yuzo

No nice guys in boxing
Daps

vanes and molina never had lara hurt or in danger. molina just threw more punches that missed and were blocked vanes just got a gift he landed ten punches in that entire fight against lara. angulo knocked lara down 2x but i thought lara dominated that fight i dont score for fighters just because they throw more punches that get blocked and miss thats not boxing. lara is a hype job then what is golovkin? the best fighter golovkin ever fought is kassim ouma.