Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Majestic Pape

The-Coli = W SOHH = L
Daps
here is what I am saying, and its no hate because I love Manny. but just realistically speaking, why would there be interest in him fighting Floyd when Floyd has lost very few rounds in the past few years, yet Pac is coming off a win against a guy who lost his last fight, 2 back to back losses, and a fight that was highly disputed that he deserved the decision? when I say interest, I mean enough to make it so everyone is happy with negotiations. this fight missed the apex of when it made the most business sense.
Using this logic, why would there be interest in seeing Floyd fight ANYBODY? There's nobody out there with a better resume than Manny that Floyd would realistically fight.

Edit: I thought you were referring to fan interest.

Daps
Reppin
The Sweet Science

Lou Dibella after the fight...

you-re-fired_o_gifsoupcom.gif

:damn: Hammer weak as fukk and got less stamina then a fatty

:What was Lou's reaction after the fight ? He can be good for a laugh

Daps
Reppin
The Sweet Science

#2 ranked Super Middleweight Carl Froch vs. #8 ranked Super Middleweight George Groves

Terrible stoppage...Groves was giving him that work, thought he was tiring, but what a horrible end to a great fight

Probably not the worst stoppage Ive ever seen but still really bad. Its crazy because the ref was doing a great job reffin the fight up till then. Ceratinly deserves a rematch

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
all he improved on was how to pick a shyttier opponent.

t7um7LI.jpg
You don't think he looked better than his previous two fights? Keep in mind that all 3 were "cans" so that stays constant until he improved...which I believe he has...

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
yeah, bradley is not a very interesting fighter (nice guy, though) but i think a convincing victory over him would be a true test of pac's place as second best welter since it would give tim his first official loss and then maybe put a little more value in getting a floyd fight in a year or two...

and you are right, bradley got a little better in the meantime
This is pretty much what I think. Pac-Bradley wouldn't be an exciting fight, but I think Bradley was new to the big stage and Pac was a better fighter that night (even with Bradleys hurt ankles and all). Bradley has improved since that fight and Manny is slowly fading. It would be a fight I want to see and one I would pick Bradley in.
I think Bradley already deserves the #2 spot at Welterweight right now, but I think fighting and beating Manny would secure that.
And lets put the kibosh on Bradley not selling well...because he never will. Doesn't mean us hardcore fans don't like watching him.

Word is that that Prov - Manny is not looking to be made, not because Manny is scared (maybe he is), but mainly because Manny isn't interested in fighting Prov because he trains with Prov and likes him.
And Floyd-Manny won't happen until Bob Arum is out of the picture...people who don't know need to read up on that. Floyd will not negotiate with Bob Arum. They hate each other's guts and that is, was, and always has been the reason why a Floyd-Manny fight has not been made.
Top Rank though, is running out of interested options for their fighters, which sucks because I would be really interested in seeing Bradley, Prov, Manny, and JMM against any GB fighter...but rehashing the round robin at TR is getting stale.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I have no desire to Tim Bradley fight anyone. Ever.
He is the least entertaining mofo in boxing and since that asswhipping that Provodikov put on him he is never going to be aggressive and engage another fighter in the ring again.
Bradley against anyone in TR of GBP would suck because Bradley is awful.

Amare's Right Hook

Southeast World Champion
Daps
I have no desire to Tim Bradley fight anyone. Ever.
He is the least entertaining mofo in boxing and since that asswhipping that Provodikov put on him he is never going to be aggressive and engage another fighter in the ring again.
Bradley against anyone in TR of GBP would suck because Bradley is awful.

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
I like Bradley and watching him fight. Dude has a lot of heart, seems like a really good guy. Plus, his skills seem to continue to get better.
To each their own for sure.