Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

HARLEM AL

Your broad loves me.....
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, NYC
Was the **** fight boring? What about the Peterson fight? What about Witer?
The fight with Provodnikov was an anomaly and nit representative of the type of fighter Bradley truly is as evidenced by the bullshyt way he fought JMM. Also the credit for that fight goes to Provodnikov forcing Bradley into a style of fighting he hates. And it was Bradley's second consecutive gift decision on top of it.
Bradley is entertainment kryptonite.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Using this logic, why would there be interest in seeing Floyd fight ANYBODY? There's nobody out there with a better resume than Manny that Floyd would realistically fight.

Edit: I thought you were referring to fan interest.

no, what I am saying is...look at the money Floyd is making for fighting Canelo and Guerrero. he aint gonna take the same amount to fight Manny. he already wanted more of the split before manny lost to Bradley THEN got KOed. Floyd is gonna want his amount...the question is, what will Bob agree to sell off Manny for? @SuikodenII this is what I meant by keeping Floyd at the table. I already know Bob is gonna ask for more than what Floyd is gonna think Manny "deserves". at that point, Floyd gonna be like :camby:

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I have no desire to Tim Bradley fight anyone. Ever.
He is the least entertaining mofo in boxing and since that asswhipping that Provodikov put on him he is never going to be aggressive and engage another fighter in the ring again.
Bradley against anyone in TR of GBP would suck because Bradley is awful.

while Bradley's sometime mauling style is unbearable to watch...his fight with JMM I enjoyed. it was good boxing and not much clinching. at the same time, there was no drama in that fight. if you didnt like his match against JMM then you fall in line with those that say Floyd is boring.

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
no, what I am saying is...look at the money Floyd is making for fighting Canelo and Guerrero. he aint gonna take the same amount to fight Manny. he already wanted more of the split before manny lost to Bradley THEN got KOed. Floyd is gonna want his amount...the question is, what will Bob agree to sell off Manny for? @SuikodenII this is what I meant by keeping Floyd at the table. I already know Bob is gonna ask for more than what Floyd is gonna think Manny "deserves". at that point, Floyd gonna be like :camby:
We'll just have to wait and see...but Bob ain't slick, he'll do whatever he can to make sure the bout never happens as he has been doing because he knows no matter what, the mass media will place blame on Floyd

People who don't know boxing thinks it's noble for a fighter to say "I don't care who I fight, I leave that with my managers/promoters, I'm just here to fight" Not realizing how FOOLISH this line of thinking is in this cutthroat business of boxing.

Either way if we don't get it, and I wouldn't hold my breath for it, there's always Manny-Marquez V, Manny-Bradley II, Manny-.......uhh........umm........Kell Brook? :ld:

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
The fight with Provodnikov was an anomaly and nit representative of the type of fighter Bradley truly is as evidenced by the bullshyt way he fought JMM. Also the credit for that fight goes to Provodnikov forcing Bradley into a style of fighting he hates. And it was Bradley's second consecutive gift decision on top of it.
Bradley is entertainment kryptonite.
I like watching Bradley, more so as his career has gone along, because I think he has improved a lot these last 2 years.
To me Bradley reminds me of Danny Garcia (a match I would love to see btw) - not in their fighting styles, but in they are both always underestimated, and get criticized for not being great at one thing, yet to their credit they also have no glaring weaknesses. They win fights because they can do a lot of things well and have a ton of heart.
Bradley has fought really good competition and I don't think we have ever seen him truly outclassed.

For what it is worth, the Prov-Bradley fight is the perfect example for people who detest the 10-9, extra 1 pt for KD system.
To me I scored the fight for Bradley (winning by 2 pts, I believe) and it was pretty easy to score. Every round Bradley didn't get knocked down, Prov got clearly outboxed and wasn't very active. But at the end of the fight - you clearly felt Bradley got the worst of the punishment, but in a round by round scoring system - Bradley fairly won, IMO.

FreedMind

DOPAMINE FOR MY BABY!!
Daps
Reppin
hella international
http://www.boxingscene.com/video-brandon-rios-gets-emotional-wake-loss--72050

Poor fella........but hey, at least he didn't go out like Margarito and have a near-career ending injury. He's a money maker, Arum gonna have him back on HBO in no time

i was trying to find a report on how rios was handling the loss, so thanks for this one.

I know he seemed like he was bullying max in the post fight interview, but i definitely felt that you could HEAR Rios' displeasure with his performances as he almost begged max to tell him that he ain't a punching bag.

"what do you think, max? Am I a punching bag?:birdman:"

".....you didn't answer my question -- am I a punching bag, Max?:to:"