Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
rios is going to face the one puncher that will send him over the edge soon enough if he doesnt learn some fukking defense or learn how to make adjustments...he took a beating against pac but it wasnt a bad beating..rios-ortiz or rios-alvarado 3 are feasible and money fights
It'll be at 154 if that happens, I can't see any 147 fighters taking him out by KO, taking the cold war into consideration, of course...

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
here is what I am saying, and its no hate because I love Manny. but just realistically speaking, why would there be interest in him fighting Floyd when Floyd has lost very few rounds in the past few years, yet Pac is coming off a win against a guy who lost his last fight, 2 back to back losses, and a fight that was highly disputed that he deserved the decision? when I say interest, I mean enough to make it so everyone is happy with negotiations. this fight missed the apex of when it made the most business sense.

SuikodenII

Daps
here is what I am saying, and its no hate because I love Manny. but just realistically speaking, why would there be interest in him fighting Floyd when Floyd has lost very few rounds in the past few years, yet Pac is coming off a win against a guy who lost his last fight, 2 back to back losses, and a fight that was highly disputed that he deserved the decision? when I say interest, I mean enough to make it so everyone is happy with negotiations. this fight missed the apex of when it made the most business sense.
Simple........

better late than never.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
yeah, bradley is not a very interesting fighter (nice guy, though) but i think a convincing victory over him would be a true test of pac's place as second best welter since it would give tim his first official loss and then maybe put a little more value in getting a floyd fight in a year or two...

and you are right, bradley got a little better in the meantime

man, I tell ya. that is a really tough fight for Manny now. I dont know if Bob would do it. Basically, if Bradley wins, thats the end of Pac. If Pac wins, that further diminishes what little drawing power Bradley has. From what I watched of the Rios fight, Manny looked good at some times but others he looked terrible to me. Even though he won every round, overall, its not a performance I would hang my hat on when speaking of fighting guys like Bradley, much less Floyd.

SuikodenII

Daps
man, I tell ya. that is a really tough fight for Manny now. I dont know if Bob would do it. Basically, if Bradley wins, thats the end of Pac. If Pac wins, that further diminishes what little drawing power Bradley has. From what I watched of the Rios fight, Manny looked good at some times but others he looked terrible to me. Even though he won every round, overall, its not a performance I would hang my hat on when speaking of fighting guys like Bradley, much less Floyd.
I can see Bob feeding Rios to Bradley, he needs exciting opponents to keep fans interested

Pac has drawing power so he has a lot more options...

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
These Internet Streetz
but pac isnt in it to be a gatekeeper, he has to fight elite fighters, and supposedly he is broke so he needs more than just one good fight with JMM to base his career on. i doubt anybody wants to pay for any more rios-type fights after this.

maybe they can try to build a series between manny and pac. if pac wins, he's back to being the guy certain people think floyd is scared of. if bradley wins, he should be able to draw a crowd a little better. since TR has them all, it's not hurting arum

and you are right, manny was not perfect. his defense is still suspect, but though bradley has improved his skills, he still is not going to damage or embarrass manny

SuikodenII

Daps

Lou Dibella after the fight...

you-re-fired_o_gifsoupcom.gif