Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
I bet you REAL bread that he wont. (save this post Coli Fam) We will never find out though will we? Your logic is always about what opportunities someone has been afforded...not realizing shyt dont materialize for everyone at the same time and that goes for any sports or entertainment. I'll give you this though...you will be able to gloat for a few years because this nikka gonna be picking cherries for a while. After Maidana, bet u he recycles Mosley....especially should he beat Mundine....but likely even if he dont
VazvX6c.png

U telling me that u watched that fight and REALLY thought that Crawford can fukk with Broner? Come on now.

We had this convo before...if Crawford is ever lucky enough to be standing in the ring across from The Problem he will get the beats put on him. He has fought no one even as good as Antonio DeMarco yet....he has a loooooooooong way to go breh

#BandCamp

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
delvin rod isn't even that good
solid win for cotto i guess but some ppl are acting like he knocked out marvin hagler
not sure why a floyd rematch is even in the question
canelo/sergio or trout rematch makes more sense
Trout needs to fight Lara, cotto fights the winner canelo fight's a tune up then gets the winner of cotto/lara/trout

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
This remaining HBO schedule is :whoo:. I guess I shouldn't really care who has better fights HBO or Showtime since I have both, but I grew up on the HBO broadcasts and prefer their format/announcers. Right now Showtime with Golden Boy has a stronger stable of fighters and Showtime definitely has had better overall cards so far (although I still think Rios-Alvarado 2 and Bradley-Prov, were the two most entertaining fights of the year)...but this year end HBO schedule thinks if we are rating head to head, they are maximizing their match-ups and I think I will like what they did this year more. :manny:

Daps
not sure why Cotto beating Canelo would warrant a rematch. Floyd just washed the nikka. Canelo aint showed nothin except for beating Trout....barely. If Cotto were to beat Canelo then he deserves a rematch with Trout...not with Floyd. I dont know what the feelings are here about Rodriguez....but since that fight was announced I was kinda surprised HBO approved him...but I guess they didnt have many options and just wanted to get Cotto back on.

:rudy:who is Trout

Cotto is one loss away from being done on the elite level. If he beats canelo, Trout is a waste of time. If he knocked trout out he still gains nothing more.

Trout is bushes status nobody cares about a trout:camby:

After Canelo we want salmon:birdman:

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
man this 24/7 is dope as fukk! Desert Storm and JMM can really do a 24/7
I'm telling y'all that fight is gonna be crazy

Edit: Just got to the part where JMM is training with Heredia, dude got heated REAL FAST :heh:
Any man who drinks his own piss is not right in the head...

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
This remaining HBO schedule is :whoo:. I guess I shouldn't really care who has better fights HBO or Showtime since I have both, but I grew up on the HBO broadcasts and prefer their format/announcers. Right now Showtime with Golden Boy has a stronger stable of fighters and Showtime definitely has had better overall cards so far (although I still think Rios-Alvarado 2 and Bradley-Prov, were the two most entertaining fights of the year)...but this year end HBO schedule thinks if we are rating head to head, they are maximizing their match-ups and I think I will like what they did this year more. :manny:

HBO can have a bad year of fights but there's always that one or 2 they have that trump all the fights..like last year with pac-jmm 4..before that fight i had salido-lopez 2, which aired on showtime, as the leading FOTY...this year those 2 fights definitely make up my top 3 fights of the year with arakawa-figueroa sandwiched in between

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
HBO can have a bad year of fights but there's always that one or 2 they have that trump all the fights..like last year with pac-jmm 4..before that fight i had salido-lopez 2, which aired on showtime, as the leading FOTY...this year those 2 fights definitely make up my top 3 fights of the year with arakawa-figueroa sandwiched in between
True. I just like that despite not quite having the stable of fighters that Showtime has, they are maximizing it buy matching all the guys against each other. Oct, Nov, Dec we are going to eat with HBO boxing. The rest of the year wasn't horrible for them, like I said my two favorite action fights were on HBO. :yeshrug:
The Arakawa-Figueroa one I have down my list. It was an incredible action fight...but it was mostly one sided, Arakawa never looked to present any danger, and even in most highly contested brawls there is an element of skill or strategy that appears at some point, but the fight was just sloppy as hell. Entertaining, but sloppy.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
U telling me that u watched that fight and REALLY thought that Crawford can fukk with Broner? Come on now.

We had this convo before...if Crawford is ever lucky enough to be standing in the ring across from The Problem he will get the beats put on him. He has fought no one even as good as Antonio DeMarco yet....he has a loooooooooong way to go breh

#BandCamp

We look at it different breh. Just because Crawford hasnt faced anyone as good as Demarco doesnt mean he wont beat Broner...by the same token....if Crawford unifies 135 that doesnt mean he will beat Broner either. Just going off the eye test and I want to like AB...but he really didnt look good against Paulie. Not that Paulie is a pushover...its just that as the fight went on...AB's dominance didnt really increase. Paulie usually gets dominated more and more as his fights reach the later rounds. That win really showed that AB needs more cherrypicks. Like really, I think Thurman would fukk him up.

Back to Crawford...he is one of the most well rounded and skilled boxers out there today. Time will tell if he has the goods, but even now he is close enough to AB to beat him. AB is not head and shoulders above anyone. I would pick Swift to beat him if that fight happened within the next 6-12 months. He would have a tough time getting past Matthysse to be honest with you.

Jae

CREATOR OF BADCULTURE.NET - VISIT & CLICK SOME ADS
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles/Inglewood All Day Every Day
Good Morning Gents,
In case you missed it, my interview with GGG is up on BadCulture.net and for the next couple weeks on BadCulture Radio I'll be doing a website cross over. This Tuesday I have Percy Crawford from FightHype on so maybe he'll spill the beans on some stuff and next Tuesday I'll have Ryan Burton from BoxingScene on. I hope you'll tune in and call in.