Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I dont see Miguel going back down to 147. I think if he were to avenge his loss to Trout and/or knock off Molina for his belt he could get another shot at Floyd at 154. Floyd handily won the first fight but a unification fight at 154 could make some real nice money for both Floyd and Miguel but I dont think Miguel wants to retire with a L in his last fight.

I doubt Floyd will ever fight above 147 again.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
It was still better than Ishe Smith vs. Carlos Molina, which had just as much clinching and not one meaningful punch landed all fight.

I gotta respectfully disagree. That was bad, but nobody even expected that to be even half way decent. People been talking about Wlad vs Povetkin for some years now and at least expected some flashes of entertainment and boxing brilliance between 2 Olympic gold medalists. What we got instead was an abomination of a heavyweight title fight where both guys barely managed to throw a combined 600 punches in 12 rounds.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
I gotta give Cotto props for destroying Rodriguez who's a decent fighter in his own right. I wasn't sure how much them Floyd and Trout losses took out of him and Delvin was a solid come back fight since he's a capable boxer. I almost think Roach is what Cotto always needed, a guy who makes him focus on his best attributes which is aggressively boxing while going to the body. He's gotten away from what made him great and it was good to see him embrace it again.

I really don't know who I'd like to see him fight next, but would have no problems with a Canelo fight if that can happen.

Oroko Saki

The Shredder
Daps
I thought Roach might be a good fit for Cotto. I remember Roach did a nice job of helping James Toney revive his career, hes still good with certain types of fighters. I think he seems to be doing a good job with Povetkin too. I cant blame him for Pacquiao's most recent loss. Who coulda predicted that Marquez would almost exclusively be looking for a knockout? Up until the knockout that was the most one sided of their 4 fights

However, Pacquiao did in my opinion only fight the last minute of several rounds against Bradley. And i can honestly say i thought Roach was horrible with Chavez Jr

People are overreacting a little bit to the Cotto win, especially anyone that mentions Floyd. But at the same time Cotto was punching with bad intentions, I havent seen him throw punches like that in a while

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
I thought Roach might be a good fit for Cotto. I remember Roach did a nice job of helping James Toney revive his career, hes still good with certain types of fighters. I think he seems to be doing a good job with Povetkin too. I cant blame him for Pacquiao's most recent loss. Who coulda predicted that Marquez would almost exclusively be looking for a knockout? Up until the knockout that was the most one sided of their 4 fights

However, Pacquiao did in my opinion only fight the last minute of several rounds against Bradley. And i can honestly say i thought Roach was horrible with Chavez Jr

People are overreacting a little bit to the Cotto win, especially anyone that mentions Floyd. But at the same time Cotto was punching with bad intentions, I havent seen him throw punches like that in a while
Roach's not training Povetkin.........