Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Sampson Lewkowicz, adviser to WBC middleweight champion Sergio Martinez (51-2-2, 28KOs), has advised BoxingScene.com that his fighter would be ready to face former three division king Miguel Cotto (38-4, 31KOs), or anyone else, by the early part of next summer.

Will Cotto wait that long??

yawn

All Star
Supporter
Daps

Mike Alvarado/Ruslan Provodnikov HBO Face-Off with Max Kellerman

Ruslan got me like :obama: :wow:

This was chilling to watch. Mike didn't get what Ruslan was saying.

Ruslan won't be fighting Mike Alvarado he'll be fighting his soul :damn:

I've already explained how he could make another run at a Mayweather fight. He would need to go down to 147, beat the top tier guys there, to himself an attractive opponent.

Why would Cotto struggle to lose weight then fight guys on struggle PPV card's when he could stay at his comfortable weight and headline a high buy PPV card?

I bet you REAL bread that he wont. (save this post Coli Fam) We will never find out though will we? Your logic is always about what opportunities someone has been afforded...not realizing shyt dont materialize for everyone at the same time and that goes for any sports or entertainment. I'll give you this though...you will be able to gloat for a few years because this nikka gonna be picking cherries for a while. After Maidana, bet u he recycles Mosley....especially should he beat Mundine....but likely even if he dont
VazvX6c.png

If you betting real money I'm down.
How much you willing to lose if Crawford is ever blessed to be in the same ring as the #bandcamp general
VazvX6c.png

Props on the excellent smilie
VazvX6c.png

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Cotto should take Molina's belt sometime in Feb or March and go after Canelo or Sergio in the start of the summer.

As for Crawford vs Broner, that would be nice to see down the road, but I'd favor Broner over dude. Broner looked a lot more impressive against the same caliber of fighters. Crawford looked impressive against Prescott, but then did what he was supposed to do against lesser fighters afterwards. He didn't even look all that good in his last fight. During the 10th rd is how he should have looked during the whole fight. Instead he fought at a pedestrian pace while rarely opening up. At least when Broner did that it was against top guys like (Ponce De Leon and Malignaggi)

People still give Broner shyt for the Paulie fight, but Paulie still lost clearly. The thing is Paulie respected Broner and tried to outbox him on the back foot. He didn't try and go straight at him since he knew he'd get his shyt pushed back. Remember before the Hatton fight, Paulie shytted on Ricky for months and said how all that mauling shyt only works overseas and blah blah blah. He ain't respect dude at all. Come fight night he starts boxing in the middle of the ring trying to drive Hatton backwards like he was some scrub. That shyt worked for the 1st round. 2nd round comes and he gets rocked and almost floored by a hook and Hatton proceeds to beat the shyt outta Paulie every round making him hold and clinch for dear life until Buddy had seen enough and threw in the towel. I think Paulie only threw like 300-400 something punches that fight compared to the 700 something he threw against Broner. He fought Broner completely different and didn't want to underestimate dude like he did Hatton. You can't really compare Broner's win over Paulie's to Hatton or anybody else since Paulie fought differently.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:rudy:who is Trout

Cotto is one loss away from being done on the elite level. If he beats canelo, Trout is a waste of time. If he knocked trout out he still gains nothing more.

Trout is bushes status nobody cares about a trout:camby:

After Canelo we want salmon:birdman:

Its not that he Trout will be well worth Cotto's time. My point was to say....I dont see how beating Canelo entitles Cotto to another shot at Floyd...or why that would be the most intriguing fight out there....

Floyd been there and done that with Cotto. Next.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
People still give Broner shyt for the Paulie fight, but Paulie still lost clearly.

breh...we gotta go back and take a Coli talley on opinions on that Paulie fight. I thought AB won but shyt was close. I wasnt comparing it to Hatton vs Paulie. If you go back and look, myself and others said it would be a tough fight. A lot of nikkas was like it was gonna be easy and AB was gonna knock him out. I saw Paulie winning a lot of rounds off of activity alone. AB was not teeing off. The handspeed gave him problems. Just think Garcia or Matthysse, clearly no where as fast as Paulie...but both hit way harder. They only have to land a few shots and your boy is :camby:

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
delvin rod isn't even that good
solid win for cotto i guess but some ppl are acting like he knocked out marvin hagler
not sure why a floyd rematch is even in the question
canelo/sergio or trout rematch makes more sense

exactly

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Its not that he Trout will be well worth Cotto's time. My point was to say....I dont see how beating Canelo entitles Cotto to another shot at Floyd...or why that would be the most intriguing fight out there....

Floyd been there and done that with Cotto. Next.

exactly...there's nothing right now that is enticing about cotto rematching floyd or pac..both of them beat cotto soundly..if cotto can't get canelo then go after a cat like molina (provided he has no mandatory or ishe doesn't invoke the rematch clause) or whoever wins between andrade/vanes for that wbo 154 belt

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
breh...we gotta go back and take a Coli talley on opinions on that Paulie fight. I thought AB won but shyt was close. I wasnt comparing it to Hatton vs Paulie. If you go back and look, myself and others said it would be a tough fight. A lot of nikkas was like it was gonna be easy and AB was gonna knock him out. I saw Paulie winning a lot of rounds off of activity alone. AB was not teeing off. The handspeed gave him problems. Just think Garcia or Matthysse, clearly no where as fast as Paulie...but both hit way harder. They only have to land a few shots and your boy is :camby:

The Hatton example wasn't for you, it's just in general. Paulie only won 4 rounds to me against Broner and they were the early rounds. After the 4th or 5th round he got walked down and rocked every round. That fight was competitive, but it wasn't close. Cotto vs Floyd was more competitive than that, and yet Cotto only won around the same amount of rounds which was 4 at best. I don't agree with winning rounds off of activity when those punches don't land. Paulie was hitting air, elbows, and shoulders all night. If he was catching Broner I could understand awarding him for activity, but he wasn't.

I think Broner beats Matthysee, but Garcia is a 50/50 toss up imo. I would prolly favor Thurman over Broner if they were to fight next year depending on how they look in their next matches.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The Hatton example wasn't for you, it's just in general. Paulie only won 4 rounds to me against Broner and they were the early rounds. After the 4th or 5th round he got walked down and rocked every round. That fight was competitive, but it wasn't close. Cotto vs Floyd was more competitive than that, and yet Cotto only won around the same amount of rounds which was 4 at best. I don't agree with winning rounds off of activity when those punches don't land. Paulie was hitting air, elbows, and shoulders all night. If he was catching Broner I could understand awarding him for activity, but he wasn't.

I think Broner beats Matthysee, but Garcia is a 50/50 toss up imo. I would prolly favor Thurman over Broner if they were to fight next year depending on how they look in their next matches.

I would favor Broner over Matthysse but that would hardly be a shock if he lost. He is a 2-1 fav at best to me. I would slightly favor Swift over AB right now. In a year or so....if they keep improving, Broner will be better than Swift...but right now...they are close. I thought Paulie landed some shots to the head...I dont just go off sheer activity. The few punches he did land would be much more effective coming from a good puncher. Diego Chavez also would be a dangerous fight.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Well learn ALOT more bout Broner at 147 after his fight wit Maidana

Until then its wait N see

I dont think we will. Maidana is a good fighter but he aint championship caliber. He is resume padding destined for gatekeeper status in the near future. He is a notch below true championship caliber just like Matthysse. Broner should have an easier time with Maidana than he did with Paulie. Paulie is a much better fighter.