Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yes, I do believe that because Mayweather wanted to go toe to toe like he did with Mosely (which almost got his ass KO'd) and he said after the fight that he "wanted to give the fans what they wanted" and he was going for a KO. He laid on the ropes, Cotto didnt force Floyd there, but he did keep a jab in Floyd's face.

Fighters lie all the time man. Floyd has made every excuse for why that fight was competitive. He said he chose to fight that way. He said he was sick. Just give Cotto his props. Style wise Cotto would always make Floyd work extremely hard to earn a W over him.

If anything Floyd seemed embarrassed after the fight. After Pac destroyed Cotto, he probably felt he could do the same. That's the impression I got during the post interview of that fight.

Did you watch any of Floyd interviews leading up to the Guerrero fight? He said he had to get his father because he got hit too much in the Cotto fight. If he chose to fight that way, he wouldn't need to get Floyd Sr right?

If they fought again I believe Floyd would win. I think he would have to grind out a tough 8-4 type of fight. Cotto is a really good fighter who is competitive with everybody. He's always gonna have his moments when he fights.

I'm not even sure what the argument is. All I said is he could position himself for another Mayweather fight if he chose to. The reality is he will stay at 154, & most likely go after a Canelo fight.

Last edited:

King P

Legends Never Die
Daps
Reppin
Views From The X
mig22.gif

That flush shot :wow: Cotto back:wow:

Had that nikka Delvin doing the stanky leg :deadmanny:

yawn

All Star
Supporter
Daps
If Cotto really wanted to, he could go down to 147, & position himself for another Mayweather fight. I don't really think any 147 lber can fukk with him besides Mayweather & Pac (which will never happen again).

Cotto says he struggles to make 147 and he hasn't fought there in 4 years. He'd be hurting himself by going down and biggest PPV fight is at 154
Donaire reduced to HBO undercard status :deadrose:

does HBO have Boxing After Dark anymore?

Yes they do. Geale vs Barker and Kovalev vs Cleverly was the last one.

Crawford is not better than Broner and he will not beat any 135 with a title. Even Ricky Burns

Klit vs Povetkin was a sloppy and boring disappointment just like the Haye fight :aicmon:

:salute: to Max for shytting on those crappy fights and I look forward to JMM vs Bradley next week

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Cotto says he struggles to make 147 and he hasn't fought there in 4 years. He'd be hurting himself by going down and biggest PPV fight is at 154

Yes they do. Geale vs Barker and Kovalev vs Cleverly was the last one.

Crawford is not better than Broner and he will not beat any 135 with a title. Even Ricky Burns

Klit vs Povetkin was a sloppy and boring disappointment just like the Haye fight :aicmon:

:salute: to Max for shytting on those crappy fights and I look forward to JMM vs Bradley next week

Roach said during this camp he could easily get down to 147 if he chose to. The reality of it is he doesn't want to.

Anytime you take a bad loss at a lower weight, you move up to rejuvenate your career & say it was getting hard to make weight. Boxing 101 everyone does it.

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I got Provodnikov stopping Alvarado

I know Prov ain't with TR I'm assuming they have options on him?? But how many??

It be nice to see him against GBPs group of 140-147 fighters

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
From the post fight confrence. "To fight canelo top rank will need to sit down with golden boy" from Cotto

:beli:

Maravilla goin fukk Cotto up:birdman:

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps

#9 ranked Lightweight Kevin Mitchell vs. Marco Lopez

Very Impressive...

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Fighters lie all the time man. Floyd has made every excuse for why that fight was competitive. He said he chose to fight that way. He said he was sick. Just give Cotto his props. Style wise Cotto would always make Floyd work extremely hard to earn a W over him.

If anything Floyd seemed embarrassed after the fight. After Pac destroyed Cotto, he probably felt he could do the same. That's the impression I got during the post interview of that fight.

Did you watch any of Floyd interviews leading up to the Guerrero fight? He said he had to get his father because he got hit too much in the Cotto fight. If he chose to fight that way, he wouldn't need to get Floyd Sr right?

If they fought again I believe Floyd would win. I think he would have to grind out a tough 8-4 type of fight. Cotto is a really good fighter who is competitive with everybody. He's always gonna have his moments when he fights.

I'm not even sure what the argument is. All I said is he could position himself for another Mayweather fight if he chose to. The reality is he will stay at 154, & most likely go after a Canelo fight.
Floyd didnt seem embarassed at all
And cotto was drained for the pacquaio fight
Your making it more than it is
Cotto landed a few solid jabs and a few solid shots while floyd was layin on da ropes inviting him to come
Floyd was never hurt or in danger of losing
And he almost knocked cotto out in da last round
A rematch makes no sense.
Cotto should fight canelo next or try to rematch trout

SuikodenII

Daps

#10 ranked Super Bantamweight Scott Quigg vs. Yoandris Salinas (Cuban)

Quigg could've done a lot better...

SuikodenII

Daps

Olympic Gold Medalist Anthony Joshua (pro debut) vs. Emanuele Leo

Please...just be better than Audley Harrison

SuikodenII

Daps

#10 ranked Cruiserweight Mateusz Masternak vs. Grigory Drozd

Bound to happen sooner or later, that straight-up Euro style is no good for the long run...

yawn

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Roach said during this camp he could easily get down to 147 if he chose to. The reality of it is he doesn't want to.

Anytime you take a bad loss at a lower weight, you move up to rejuvenate your career & say it was getting hard to make weight. Boxing 101 everyone does it.

You say he can make weight but the man himself say's he can't.

He looked great in stopping a legit 154 that many other 154's couldn't stop. I'll take his word :yeshrug:

From the post fight confrence. "To fight canelo top rank will need to sit down with golden boy" from Cotto

:beli:

Maravilla goin fukk Cotto up:birdman:

I'm conflicted on this. It's good he's opening up dialogue between GB and TR but Arum is a sack of shyt so he may make it worse :patrice: