Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps

#1 ranked Heavyweight Wladimir Klitschko vs. #3 ranked Heavyweight Alexander Povetkin

Well......both guys need better trainers, one by no fault of his own, the other should've never dropped the one he had...

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
You say he can make weight but the man himself say's he can't.

He looked great in stopping a legit 154 that many other 154's couldn't stop. I'll take his word :yeshrug:

I'm conflicted on this. It's good he's opening up dialogue between GB and TR but Arum is a sack of shyt so he may make it worse :patrice:

Arum was already on his :troll: shyt yesterday talking bout Canelo a free agent

Cotto vs Canelo got no chance in hell of being made if Cotto is TR

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio

Mike Alvarado/Ruslan Provodnikov HBO Face-Off with Max Kellerman

Ruslan got me like :obama: :wow:

i hope ruslan can continue this forward momentum....from watching him on FNF to this...i want him at some point to rematch Herrera...it still boggles my mind a little that herrera beat ruslan more convincingly than bradley

Daps
Reppin
The Sweet Science

#6 ranked Light Middleweight Miguel Cotto vs. #11 ranked Light Middleweight Delvin Rodriguez

:whew: that is all...

First I gotta say props to Miguel im happy to see him looking like he got a lot left in him. Second , and I never thought I would say this but :salute: to Freddy Roach. As a man who cant stand the guy and thinks hes still eating just off name alone , as a man whose lost almost all respect for Freddy over the last few years he had Miguel looking sharp and ready. I know delvin was undermatched but Cotto looked very reminiscent of the younger Cotto as was mentioned during the fight he reminded me of the bull Miguel used to be. The left hook to the body was thudding , the left hook to the head was cracking ,his foot work and jab were also looking nice
and I gotta give credit where credit is due.

After this fight I dont know if Canelo is ready for this Cotto. He could beat him but it would be dangerous and he could very well catch the L. Maybe he could avenge the Trout loss or maybe go after Molina for a title that could set up a rematch with Floyd. Even though Floyd easily outscored Miguel it was still a tough fight and if Miguel had the belt from Molina then Floyd could possibly unify 154. Added bonus that the fight could and should crack 1.5 million buys making both fighter a shyt load of money. Not a ton of options at 154 though.

If the piece of shyt Cheto wasnt done I would love to see Miguel dust that fukk boy in the final of the trilogy. The Miguel in the ring last night looked better than the one that beat him last time and I think he could really hurt that worthless, cheating ,scumbag piece of garbage and it would be even sweeter for Miguel if he could really breakdown and destroy him.

Jesus Is Lord

Give Thanks, Repent, and Forgive
Daps
Reppin
Christ
Fighters lie all the time man. Floyd has made every excuse for why that fight was competitive. He said he chose to fight that way. He said he was sick. Just give Cotto his props. Style wise Cotto would always make Floyd work extremely hard to earn a W over him.

If anything Floyd seemed embarrassed after the fight. After Pac destroyed Cotto, he probably felt he could do the same. That's the impression I got during the post interview of that fight.

Did you watch any of Floyd interviews leading up to the Guerrero fight? He said he had to get his father because he got hit too much in the Cotto fight. If he chose to fight that way, he wouldn't need to get Floyd Sr right?

If they fought again I believe Floyd would win. I think he would have to grind out a tough 8-4 type of fight. Cotto is a really good fighter who is competitive with everybody. He's always gonna have his moments when he fights.

I'm not even sure what the argument is. All I said is he could position himself for another Mayweather fight if he chose to. The reality is he will stay at 154, & most likely go after a Canelo fight.
You said in you're first sentence, "Fighters lie all of the time man." then you proceed to post "excuses" that he made, then proceed to use what he said in an interview to make your point? Nah breh it's not going down like that. Embarrassed? That's exactly what Lampley or Merchant said, so I see where you got that from, form your own opinions. Also 8- 4 type of fight? Does that prediction warrant another PPV fight between them? No. 8-4 is almost dominant. I'm not sure what the "argument" is either because

1. YOU quoted me

2. You haven't shown why he could "position" hmself for another Floyd fight when he lost very convincingly to Floyd, seems to me like youre overreacting to Cotto dominating someone like Delvin, who obviously wasn't ready for someone of Cotto's stature. Basically you had no point with your post to me.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
2. You haven't shown why he could "position" hmself for another Floyd fight when he lost very convincingly to Floyd, seems to me like youre overreacting to Cotto dominating someone like Delvin, who obviously wasn't ready for someone of Cotto's stature. Basically you had no point with your post to me.

I've already explained how he could make another run at a Mayweather fight. He would need to go down to 147, beat the top tier guys there, to himself an attractive opponent.

Daps
Reppin
The Sweet Science
I've already explained how he could make another run at a Mayweather fight. He would need to go down to 147, beat the top tier guys there, to himself an attractive opponent.

I dont see Miguel going back down to 147. I think if he were to avenge his loss to Trout and/or knock off Molina for his belt he could get another shot at Floyd at 154. Floyd handily won the first fight but a unification fight at 154 could make some real nice money for both Floyd and Miguel but I dont think Miguel wants to retire with a L in his last fight.