Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
I agree and if Valdez win he might fukk around and lose a stay busy right. Navarrete more or less consistent with his level. I think he just wants a Mexican star bad, but he probably going to over play his hand. If the winner stay undefeated it will be a bigger fight in 2023 but that’s a big if. Feeding them to Stevenson right away deads that Mexican star shyt from jump street. Then u will have another Crawford situation. For all the hype around Loma he wasn’t really selling shyt or doing big numbers and I think he already seen the story with Stevenson more or less like Bud so he trying to leverage that Mexican money.

Then again it’s Bob he look like he trying to make Stevenson move up again lol..I know Loma ain’t coming down.

This still doesn't make sense. Stevenson-Herring got TWICE The viewers and ratings that Valdez-Berchelt did. Crawford has always pulled in better numbers than Loma did, but Loma got the big push. Bob just doesn't know how to actually get black fighters to the final level of the promised land... or he just doesn't want to. :sas2:

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL
You said canelo was gonna lose to Caleb plant. Now that's not a great win?:jbhmm:.....you said Callum smith would whoop canelo's ass and that canelo would duck him. That's not a great win?.....you said canelo could cement his legacy by beating kovalev and now that's not a great win?:what:

so what constitutes a "great" win to you?

If a fighter beating an opponent you didn't expect him to beat isn't a great win then what is?:jbhmm:

Bud is the huge favorite this weekend, but if he beats porter it would still be a great win for him:hubie:

:bryan:

caught em in 4k

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If that is how you want to play it, Canelo needs to fight Beterbiev next then bro. Besides Benavidez that is universally considered the best available opponent Canelo can fight next.

He should fight those guys but it's not Canelo fault there isn't a Duran or Hearns around his weight class

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
He should fight those guys but it's not Canelo fault there isn't a Duran or Hearns around his weight class

Bro here is the thing. Most fighters who aren't heavyweights usually only get ONE CHANCE to have that level of fight. Hagler, Hearns, Leonard, and Duran were just a freak alignment of the stars where there were 4 greats all around the same weight as each other at the same time. Canelo has had his opponent already that was supposed to be that guy in GGG, he should have had Mayweather too but the goalposts got moved for him when he lost to Mayweather. If it wasn't for the failed drug test even Canelo's biggest haters would have to shut up and kiss the ring, but those fights will always be marred with controversy and it tarnishes the fight bruh. I hate that shyt even happened because now I have to constantly still hear how GGG won those fights while I watched Canelo counter this dudes face to paper mache when GGG was getting a real lesson in 'Mexican style'. :hhh:

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Soooooo when are these nikkas chasing Canelo going to fight each other :jbhmm:

now that hes committed to this so called cherry pick it should be nothing for them to build up they clout fighting each other am I right :jbhmm:

why doesnt the boogeyman of the year move up in weight, he misses that shyt regularly anyway???

Or are we only going to apply logic to Canelos ducking.

It’s not going to happen. The downside to any cash cow is that guys are hoping to land a fight with him, so they will minimize any sort of risk, as it’s a life changing payday.

It’s very unfortunate, because I think an Andrade/Charlo fight could so some much for both of them. Hell a fight between both of them, may get both of them a Canelo fight. One could argue Danny Jacobs got the Canelo fight just from performing well against GGG. After Jacobs/GGG fought, you got the impression that Canelo needs to fight both of these guys, which is what happened.

Losses don’t necessarily hurt your status if you perform well under the spotlights.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
It’s not going to happen. The downside to any cash cow is that guys are hoping to land a fight with him, so they will minimize any sort of risk, as it’s a life changing payday.

It’s very unfortunate, because I think an Andrade/Charlo fight could so some much for both of them. Hell a fight between both of them, may get both of them a Canelo fight. One could argue Danny Jacobs got the Canelo fight just from performing well against GGG. After Jacobs/GGG fought, you got the impression that Canelo needs to fight both of these guys, which is what happened.

Losses don’t necessarily hurt your status if you perform well under the spotlights.

This is honestly why the UFC way is better. No fighter gets too big to overshadow the sport aspect of UFC. Boxing literally allows guys to pick and choose who to fight waiting like hoes for a payday. I don't blame Canelo for this it isn't his fault Oscar did a good job building him up, but there are so many great matchups not happening in hopes everyone can land a fight with him and it is frustrating.

Not to mention now we have potential star making matchups like Stevenson-Valdez being delayed out of the prime of the hype for them for fights that while on paper aren't bad, really aren't moving the needle like that either (well Valdez-Navarette is an exception to that if Navarette wins). Shakur will get nothing out of beating Loma, mark my words he will get nothing from it.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
This is honestly why the UFC way is better. No fighter gets too big to overshadow the sport aspect of UFC. Boxing literally allows guys to pick and choose who to fight waiting like hoes for a payday. I don't blame Canelo for this it isn't his fault Oscar did a good job building him up, but there are so many great matchups not happening in hopes everyone can land a fight with him and it is frustrating.

Not to mention now we have potential star making matchups like Stevenson-Valdez being delayed out of the prime of the hype for them for fights that while on paper aren't bad, really aren't moving the needle like that either (well Valdez-Navarette is an exception to that if Navarette wins). Shakur will get nothing out of beating Loma, mark my words he will get nothing from it.
You can’t compare the two though as UFC is a promotional company/sanctioning body within a sport. The only reason they get “best vs best” fights more often is it’s a young sport compared to boxing, hence it’s less murky yet, easier to have one promotional outfit that controls most of the top talent. Queensberry rules boxing is over 150 years old and the talent pool is so deep compared to MMA that it’s impossible that a single actor controls even 60-70% of top talent.

in MMA there’s an even stronger divide between these organizations. Unlike in boxing where rarely but co-promotional fights happen it’s pretty much out of the question in MMA. They just don’t care about it as long as most of the best fighters are with one promoter

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
from the home of coca-cola, i'm not referring to s
You said canelo was gonna lose to Caleb plant. Now that's not a great win?:jbhmm:.....you said Callum smith would whoop canelo's ass and that canelo would duck him. That's not a great win?.....you said canelo could cement his legacy by beating kovalev and now that's not a great win?:what:

so what constitutes a "great" win to you?

If a fighter beating an opponent you didn't expect him to beat isn't a great win then what is?:jbhmm:

Bud is the huge favorite this weekend, but if he beats porter it would still be a great win for him:hubie:

:bryan:
:mjlol: He aint the only culprit though.. its a whole lot of them that just hate Canelo.. Hate his success in the ring.. Hate everything about him for a multitude of reasons.. So they prop up anyone he hasn't fought yet
I seen the writing on the wall after he beat Danny Jacobs. A guy many was claiming would wash Canelo and who he would avoid.. So what happens?? People pretend that fight doesn't exist or they shyt on Jacobs as a worthy opponent.. Or they bring up the rehydration clause that Jacobs ignored.. Then will look you dead in the face and tell you Canelo won't fight black fighters :mjlol:.. It dont matter who Canelo fights and beats. He won't get the credit from the haters.. Thats why he moves the way he does now... They still won't give him credit for being the only top guy around 154 willing to fight Erislandy Lara(until Hurd stepped up YEARS later). But that gets ignored because it was a close fight and the decision didn't go their way. Smh This man just became undisputed champion and is getting shyt on because he wants to knock off a cruiser weight champion :dahell: Why would he do anything the fans want at this point??

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
You can’t compare the two though as UFC is a promotional company/sanctioning body within a sport. The only reason they get “best vs best” fights more often is it’s a young sport compared to boxing, hence it’s less murky yet, easier to have one promotional outfit that controls most of the top talent. Queensberry rules boxing is over 150 years old and the talent pool is so deep compared to MMA that it’s impossible that a single actor controls even 60-70% of top talent.

in MMA there’s an even stronger divide between these organizations. Unlike in boxing where rarely but co-promotional fights happen it’s pretty much out of the question in MMA. They just don’t care about it as long as most of the best fighters are with one promoter

I'm not comparing the two I'm saying they have a better model. The interest in boxing is still there, but the way the business is conducted has completely turned people off to the sport because people see and recognize the bullshyt surrounding it.

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
:mjlol: He aint the only culprit though.. its a whole lot of them that just hate Canelo.. Hate his success in the ring.. Hate everything about him for a multitude of reasons.. So they prop up anyone he hasn't fought yet
I seen the writing on the wall after he beat Danny Jacobs. A guy many was claiming would wash Canelo and who he would avoid.. So what happens?? People pretend that fight doesn't exist or they shyt on Jacobs as a worthy opponent.. Or they bring up the rehydration clause that Jacobs ignored.. Then will look you dead in the face and tell you Canelo won't fight black fighters :mjlol:.. It dont matter who Canelo fights and beats. He won't get the credit from the haters.. Thats why he moves the way he does now... They still won't give him credit for being the only top guy around 154 willing to fight Erislandy Lara(until Hurd stepped up YEARS later). But that gets ignored because it was a close fight and the decision didn't go their way. Smh This man just became undisputed champion and is getting shyt on because he wants to knock off a cruiser weight champion :dahell: Why would he do anything the fans want at this point??
shyt would be like Errol Spence moving up to 168 and fighting uzcategui. Or tank moving up to 154 and fighting jeison Rosario. Then complaining cause they ain't fighting the best:mjlol:

Andre ward moved up to light heavy and fought Paul smith who had 5 losses. 2 by knockout. Then took 2 more tuneups before facing kovalev. And that's how it usually goes when a fighter moves up just one weight class. And there's nothing wrong with that. You gotta let a guy get acclamated to a new weight class. Canelo is moving up to cruiser and fighting the legit WBC champion in his first fight. 190 lbs. A guy who started at 154. I don't give a shyt if dude been slept already. This shyt is dangerous. Canelo just came off unifying a division in 11 months. Against competition these same haters said he would struggle and even lose to:mjlol:....you can go digging and find old posts of these same people saying he was ducking Caleb plant last year:russ:

This fight is obviously canelo testing the waters for a possible heavyweight move in the future. I see him fighting bivol or beterbiev next at 175. Then Charlo or David. But I really see him going after a heavyweight title in a couple years. Dude could end up fighting Wilder and people will still find a way to hate :heh:.....if this last year proved anything it's that canelo will never satisfy the critics. Tim Bradley thinks we forgot about him ducking all the young killers before he retired :pachaha:......but it is what it is. Canelo is going down as the best of his era and there's nothing anybody can do about it :hubie: