Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps

Soooooo when are these nikkas chasing Canelo going to fight each other :jbhmm:

now that hes committed to this so called cherry pick it should be nothing for them to build up they clout fighting each other am I right :jbhmm:

why doesnt the boogeyman of the year move up in weight, he misses that shyt regularly anyway???

Or are we only going to apply logic to Canelos ducking.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
Well who about 160 has a better resume?

Charlo, Andrade, and GGG resume put together doesn't stack up to Canelo's regardless if you feel Canelo is cherry picking.

Usyk to me honestly has a slightly more impressive resume than Canelo just because of who he has beaten in such a short number of fights, and if he got a Fury scalp to it would be a wrap Usyk would go down as an ATG, but only Usyk really had an argument right now.

This whole generation is underwhelming as fukk to keep it 100 with you.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
This whole generation is underwhelming as fukk to keep it 100 with you.

this is the businessmen generation....there is only a handful of potential hall of famers actively fighting

This is not a generation of greatness...at best we got very good with some of those very good that have a potential to be great if they keep winning the right fights

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
this is the businessmen generation....there is only a handful of potential hall of famers actively fighting

This is not a generation of greatness...at best we got very good with some of those very good that have a potential to be great if they keep winning the right fights

There is not a single active fighter fighting today that has a GREAT win. Canelo-GGG could have been great but there is so much bullshyt and controversy surrounding it that it feels tarnished.

Ward beating Kovalev was the last great win in boxing, and even then it took two fights for people to give that to Ward. I don't know bro boxing is wierd now. People hype up fighters to be great, then you ask them who they have beaten and they list off how many weight classes they have won belts in. Accomplishments do not give you a pass for not making great fights in my book. You gotta have those names(while they still have something in the tank also mind you) on your resume for me to give you that type of respect.

Ducktales

Get Money
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Difference between Floyd and Canelo is Floyd actually cleared out his divisions before moving up. Canelo moves up to avoid the competition. It’s not coincidence he decided to move up a second before Benavidez becomes his mandatory. Yea you can look that up. It’s online. Black fans spitting bullshyt lies on Mayweather in favor of this white boy are str8 weirdos. Stop trying to elevate this steroid pumping white Mexican. Canelo is only 31 years old doing this bullshyt.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
There is not a single active fighter fighting today that has a GREAT win. Canelo-GGG could have been great but there is so much bullshyt and controversy surrounding it that it feels tarnished.

Ward beating Kovalev was the last great win in boxing, and even then it took two fights for people to give that to Ward. I don't know bro boxing is wierd now. People hype up fighters to be great, then you ask them who they have beaten and they list off how many weight classes they have won belts in. Accomplishments do not give you a pass for not making great fights in my book. You gotta have those names(while they still have something in the tank also mind you) on your resume for me to give you that type of respect.

absolutely cuz i didnt think ward won the first fight and i didnt think he could knockout kovalev in the rematch..i was wrong on the latter :heh:

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
absolutely cuz i didnt think ward won the first fight and i didnt think he could knockout kovalev in the rematch..i was wrong on the latter :heh:

That wasn't the point I was making but :russ:. I rewatched the first fight again about two weeks ago and felt it should have been a draw, a rematch was definitely needed.

I'm just saying I challenge you and everyone else in here to tell me who do you think should rank higher on the ATG list: Marvin Hagler or Canelo Alvarez? Canelo has accomplished more, but he does not have legacy defining wins on the level of beating Roberto Duran or Tommy Hearns, like I said even thougg I felt Canelo won both fights I can't overlook his failed drug test before the second fight t wil always be tarnished. If this was the last two choices and only one entrant left for the hall of fame class or whatever, who would get the nod to get into the hall?

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
from the home of coca-cola, i'm not referring to s
Difference between Floyd and Canelo is Floyd actually cleared out his divisions before moving up. Canelo moves up to avoid the competition. It’s not coincidence he decided to move up a second before Benavidez becomes his mandatory. Yea you can look that up. It’s online. Black fans spitting bullshyt lies on Mayweather in favor of this white boy are str8 weirdos. Stop trying to elevate this steroid pumping white Mexican. Canelo is only 31 years old doing this bullshyt.
Did he?? I don't recall Floyd ever being undisputed

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
That wasn't the point I was making but :russ:. I rewatched the first fight again about two weeks ago and felt it should have been a draw, a rematch was definitely needed.

I'm just saying I challenge you and everyone else in here to tell me who do you think should rank higher on the ATG list: Marvin Hagler or Canelo Alvarez? Canelo has accomplished more, but he does not have legacy defining wins on the level of beating Roberto Duran or Tommy Hearns, like I said even thougg I felt Canelo won both fights I can't overlook his failed drug test before the second fight t wil always be tarnished. If this was the last two choices and only one entrant left for the hall of fame class or whatever, who would get the nod to get into the hall?

i agree...it all goes back to when canelo was inserted when miguel ali chickened out of jobbing to GGG like he was suppose to..instead of facing a GGG who was at his peak next for 3 of the belts, he and oscar pulled the 155 nonsense like miguel ali and said he wasnt a middleweight...the diminishing of that GGG win only increased after that and it ruined 2 other careers by proxy :camby:

and also thats why its fukk miguel ali to this day...im glad he didnt get out of boxing clean...el pollo came home to roost on that fukking weirdo

J673VO.gif

canelo couldnt make him do the jitterbug not once in that fight but sadam ali did plenty of times..im only mad that i couldnt watch it live because i was out getting sauced at my company's christmas party in downtown boston :ohlawd:

fukk him :hhh:

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
It should be Valdez against Stevenson really

This goes back to the point I was getting at before when I say nobody has a great win. Stevenson-Valdez would be a great fight, and a great win for the winner. Both undefeated, both two division champs, both won their belts in spectacular fashion. The hype for the fight is already there. Valdez-Navarette is not a bad fight, but NOBODY is asking for it either. We have let it be known time and time again what fight we want at 130, yet Bob wants to try to drag and milk this bullshyt out. Stevenson-Valdez should fight next and Navarette should fight the winner. I don't want to see Stevenson-Loma either, Stevenson is gonna dogwalk Loma(if you think otherwise bookmark this post, I'm telling you that shyt is easy work for Shakur).

Idk Bob maybe it you actually gave fans the fights they asked for, WHEN THEY ARE ASKING FOR THEM AND NOT TWO-FOUR YEARS LATER YOU MIGHT COULD SELL SOME fukkING PPV'S. Worst part about it is, Stevenson still has to face his mando too unless Loma is his mandatory.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
Bob could easily give fans some of the best match ups in boxing, but dude loves to push the random select button when it comes to some of these fights :snoop:

This shyt doesn't even make sense bruh. They are both his fighters, on the same network and promotion yet he wants to move Navarette up from 126 and he has plenty of unfinished business at 126, he hasn't fought not one other champ in a unification at 122 or 126 but you want to jump him up to 130, FOR fukkING WHAT?! What be going through this dudes head when he maps out his plans to make fights.

I give the PBC that much credit, they got us Charlo-Castano for undisputed as soon as it was possible, if Derevyanchenko would of gotten the nod over GGG like he should have Mall-Chenko also would have been an immediate unification fight. Spence has been able to make all his fights in house fairly quickly. Eddie Hearn gives us good fights quick as hell too. Bob stay fumbling the rock, yet escapes all of the blame for that bullshyt, and wants to blame the fans for not supporting the product he puts out, BOB WE AREN'T DUMB WE KNOW WHO THE GOOD FIGHTS ARE IN BOXING, WE KNOW WHICH IS THE BEST MATCHUP.