Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
So “accomplishments” are overrated now :ohhh:

Jeff Horn
Idongo
Ricky Burns

John Ruiz

All them Vacant TR WBO belts

Finally y’all are seeing the light :blessed:

Right guys :mjgrin:

Boxing has always been about who you have beaten, accomplishments are the cherry on top.

I don't remember Pacquiao for winning belts in 8 divisions. I remember Pacquiao for annihilating Marco Antonio Barrera, his trilogy with Erik Morales, the wars he had with Juan Manuel Marquez, whooping Cotto's ass, and smashing Margarito's face in(literally). Eight weight classes is the cherry on top.

In boxing you are only as good as who you beat it has always been that way. Ali wouldn't be Ali without Sonny Liston, Joe Frazier, and George Foreman.

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Boxing has always been about who you have beaten, accomplishments are the cherry on top.

I don't remember Pacquiao for winning belts in 8 divisions. I remember Pacquiao for annihilating Marco Antonio Barrera, his trilogy with Erik Morales, the wars he had with Juan Manuel Marquez, whooping Cotto's ass, and smashing Margarito's face in(literally). Eight weight classes is the cherry on top.

In boxing you are only as good as who you beat it has always been that way. Ali wouldn't be Ali without Sonny Liston, Joe Frazier, and George Foreman.

You preaching to the choir breh … I been saying that here for years

Not Errybody agrees :youngsabo:

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
You preaching to the choir breh … I been saying that here for years

Not Errybody agrees :youngsabo:

Think about how people would remember B-Hop if he didn't beat Tito. B-Hop was undisputed and had the record for title defenses at 160 when he lost to Taylor... nobody would have cared about that long ass reign at the top of 160 like that without that Tito scalp. That one single win legitimized his entire career. That is how important that type of scalp is on your record. fukk jumping up and down in weight to collect belts, anyone who has followed boxing long enough knows promoters(they all do it won't call out a specific one) do that shyt to pick and choose who their fighter fights to avoid tough fights.

Funny thing is Crawford actually gets credit for the Gamboa win from me even though he was a blown up 126lber. He was still P4P at the time and undefeated, if you are P4P you should get that respect of being able to jump up to weight classes to make fights, you are considered P4P for a reason. Problem is Spence doesn't get that same credit for the Mikey fight, even though if you look at the fights on paper they are damn near the same. It's a lot of hypocrisy in how boxing fans view achievements and accomplishments.

Last edited:

FreedMind

DOPAMINE FOR MY BABY!!
Daps
Reppin
hella international
Idk about that one man.....not a fight I'd recommend for Canelo

I was rewatching the Gvozdyk fight, and man, I think Gvozdyk could've beaten Beterbiev if he had committed to his offense and actually sat down on his punches! Props to Beterbiev for his physical strength and immense punching power, but I think Canelo definitely has what it takes to make Artur look a bit one dimensional. Feet and hand speed a bit too slow.

It would be interesting to see how Beterbiev would fight Canelo. I think the pace he likes to fight at plays into Canelo's hands, and so I believe he would need to forget about landing clean, and seek to make the fight as dirty and grueling as possible for Canelo.

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Think about how people would remember B-Hop if he didn't beat Tito. B-Hop was undisputed and had the record for title defenses at 160 when he lost to Taylor... nobody would have cared about that long ass reign at the top of 160 like that without that Tito scalp. That one single win legitimized his entire career. That is how important that type of scalp is on your record. fukk jumping up and down in weight to collect belts, anyone who has followed boxing long enough knows promoters(they all do it won't call out a specific one) do that shyt to pick and choose who their fighter fights to avoid tough fights.

Funny thing is Crawford actually gets credit for the Gamboa win from me even though he was a blown up 126lber. He was still P4P at the time and undefeated, if you are P4P you should get that respect of being able to jump up to weight classes to make fights, you are considered P4P for a reason. Problem is Spence doesn't get that same credit for the Mikey fight, even though if you look at the fights on paper they are damn near the same. It's a lot of hypocrisy in how boxing fans view achievements and accomplishments.

All belts do is collect dust :mjgrin:

Broner is the prime example of Belt hunting doesn’t mean shyt