Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Don't know #8. Christy Martin?

I'm not sure which guy is in #7 getting dropped by Wilder.
the 8th is the only one I don't know, other than that

1 - Ali vs Liston 2
2 - No Mas
3 - Hamed
4 - :deadmanny:
5 - Tyson (not sure after which fight)
6 - Margarito
7 - Wilder flattens Stiverne in their rematch
8 - idk
9 - Canelo knocks out Khan

FreedMind

DOPAMINE FOR MY BABY!!
Daps
Reppin
hella international
Don't know #8. Christy Martin?

I'm not sure which guy is in #7 getting dropped by Wilder.

merlin_129698714_836f12b8-3463-43ac-ab47-73a06c7fb00f-superJumbo.jpg

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
PBC was trying to have Wilder get like 20 defenses against bums and milk that green belt. He was gonna avoid all the pressure boxers that can punch or all the dudes who had good chins, basically anybody that could have given him some real problems and possibly make him evolve as a boxer. They even tried to manufacture rivals like old ass Ortiz to help the charade.

Everything was going according to plan, until they got greedy. Cherry picked Fury hoping to get a Lewis/McCall 2 situation and that shyt backfired. :francis:
Who was Joshua fighting that mattered after beating old man Klitschko?

He didn't cherry pick Fury. Thats a white boy narrative mad he always wins. Fury accepted a deal that Joshua wouldn't take..why act fukking stupid as if that wasn't the circumstances. Lol. Comical.

It was Joshua cherry picking that roided up Miller and ended up losing to a guy 5 inches shorter than him because he rushed in and thought he had the kid hurt. Knocked down 4 times. And then relied on running in the rematcg where Ruiz wasn't even in decent shape. He's got a long way to prove he's legit again because Fury probably beats Joshua 10 rounds to 2 if they fight at this point.

FreedMind

DOPAMINE FOR MY BABY!!
Daps
Reppin
hella international

He didn't cherry pick Fury. Thats a white boy narrative mad he always wins. Fury accepted a deal that Joshua wouldn't take..why act fukking stupid as if that wasn't the circumstances. Lol. Comical.

It was Joshua cherry picking that roided up Miller and ended up losing to a guy 5 inches shorter than him because he rushed in and thought he had the kid hurt. Knocked down 4 times. And then relied on running in the rematcg where Ruiz wasn't even in decent shape. He's got a long way to prove he's legit again because Fury probably beats Joshua 10 rounds to 2 if they fight at this point.

All of Joshua's wins after Klitschko are legit and would have significantly boosted Wilder's resume if Deontay had beaten them.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Nah..dont be silly. Lopez hadn't had the experience of Wilder..knocking everybody out even in late rounds. Lopez got boxed up by the tall Asian kid recently and had to come back hard for Commey to get his buzz back. Wilder never had those problems. C00ns just been mad because he's not a good boxer and ends up knocking everybody out in all his fights but 3.

:dwillhuh:
Wilder got boxed up even by fukking Washington before he stopped him, you gotta be kidding me man.

I'm not gonna argue with you about Lopez having less experience but the only reason Wilder didn't have to regain his buzz because he never really got it to begin with up until his Stiverne rematch.

That's so XXI. century btw, cause the rematch version of Stiverne was a trash opponent even among other trash opponents he has faced up until that point but the KO became a meme and that finally did the job that they couldn't do for years, it sold Wilder and a lot of ppl started to hop on his train even though he was a belt holder for 3 years up until that point.

Wilder was never a blue-chip prospect like Lopez and despite his Olympic bronze and apparent power nobody really gave a shyt about him until that point cause he didn't look good enough. He only started to gain wider recognition with flattening washed ass Stiverne. Then suddenly we were full of "hardcore Wilder fans" who for some reason were real quiet about stanning him before that :heh:

and wtf does this have to do with c00ns? Wilder just doesn't compare to the late US HW greats and you only gotta be a reasonable boxing fan to see that, not a c00n.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio

A white boy narrative? :heh: i think you have no idea what cherry picking means :heh:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
:dwillhuh:
Wilder got boxed up even by fukking Washington before he stopped him, you gotta be kidding me man.

I'm not gonna argue with you about Lopez having less experience but the only reason Wilder didn't have to regain his buzz because he never really got it to begin with up until his Stiverne rematch.

That's so XXI. century btw, cause the rematch version of Stiverne was a trash opponent even among other trash opponents he has faced up until that point but the KO became a meme and that finally did the job that they couldn't do for years, it sold Wilder and a lot of ppl started to hop on his train even though he was a belt holder for 3 years up until that point.

Wilder was never a blue-chip prospect like Lopez and despite his Olympic bronze and apparent power nobody really gave a shyt about him until that point cause he didn't look good enough. He only started to gain wider recognition with flattening washed ass Stiverne. Then suddenly we were full of "hardcore Wilder fans" who for some reason were real quiet about stanning him before that :heh:

and wtf does this have to do with c00ns? Wilder just doesn't compare to the late US HW greats and you only gotta be a reasonable boxing fan to see that, not a c00n.

this is what we call a hot take...it has nothing to do with a derogatory race term if you dont think wilder is up to par skillwise...he isnt and being able to see that means you are being real about it...his flaws have been talked about ad nauseam on here..he doesnt compare to past HWs....American HWs...esp past Black HWs and for the sticklers past Black American HWs...he is on the low end of the skill spectrum even if his right hand isn't...and his record doesn't say otherwise to at least say he overachieved to be on that wavelength...but he has some time left to try to change that narrative

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
Why wouldn't they pick Wilder? Lol. He never lost and looked impeccable in his last two rematches.

Bro you know I like Wilder, but c'mon bruh do you have eyes? I picked Wilder to win by KNOCKOUT not by decision for a reason. Wilder can fight, but he can't box his way out of a paper bag bro.

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
PBC was trying to have Wilder get like 20 defenses against bums and milk that green belt.

PBC "groomed" the fukk out of Wilder but once the training wheels came off he consistently took hard fights
Ortiz old but he was looking scary and I think he was being ducked back then. Wilder accepted that, accepted Povetkin, and then Fury
4 of your last 5 fights being fights you realistically should have been underdog going in is commendable

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
PBC "groomed" the fukk out of Wilder but once the training wheels came off he consistently took hard fights
Ortiz old but he was looking scary and I think he was being ducked back then. Wilder accepted that, accepted Povetkin, and then Fury
4 of your last 5 fights being fights you realistically should have been underdog going in is commendable

Disagree and I'll explain why.....

Ortiz never beat anybody of note except for Jennings. nikkas hyped up that defunct ass Cuban school of boxing in order to make Ortiz old ass look good.

Fighting Ortiz and Stiverne twice isn't consistently taking hard fights.
You get credit for the 1st wins, but that's it.
We don't give Hopkins credit for beating Robert fukking allen 3 times. We not gonna start that shyt with Wilder.

You don't get props for the Povetkin fight cuz that didn't happen. Fury was a cherry pick because nobody thought he was in the right shape or mind to beat Wilder or any top 3 heavyweight at the time. Thats why I said it backfired. It would have looked good if Wilder won, but he struggled and got a gift. Pretty much launched Fury's career in the states.