Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
I’m a fan but he ain’t blowing up he’s the definition of a contender
the same..but i think he needed more seasoning at CW..hell i think he could have picked up one of usyk's belts after he vacated from somebody

but it would take for some stars aligned for him to get to the next level at HW

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
Ortiz never beat anybody of note except for Jennings. nikkas hyped up that defunct ass Cuban school of boxing in order to make Ortiz old ass look good.
Fury was a cherry pick because nobody thought he was in the right shape or mind to beat Wilder or any top 3 heavyweight at the time..

The 4 fights i'm talking about is Ortiz twice and Fury twice (not Stiverne) btw
But end of the day the only other HW who resume is even comparable over the last 2 yrs is Joshua and he has the same backfiring matchup issue with Ruiz, tho Fury was obviously considered more of a risk than Ruiz was at the time of those respective fights.
I get what you saying about Ortiz resume being light but that's the classic issue with guys who been "ducked". the excuse is always that they never fought anyone or some variation of that. Off the eye test and the fact he won majority rounds against Wilder I think it's fair to say he is quality opponent and not some hype job.
I think you gotta give Wilder credit for the rematchs against Ortiz and Fury cause he lost the majority of rounds in both of the original fights and Ortiz basically had him out on his feet in their first match. There was clear risk in fighting both those guys again

Last edited:

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Bro you know I like Wilder, but c'mon bruh do you have eyes? I picked Wilder to win by KNOCKOUT not by decision for a reason. Wilder can fight, but he can't box his way out of a paper bag bro.
Thats cool but he's been getting by on strength against EVERYBODY EXCEPT ONE MAN. A man nobody can beat. Its not about eyes..its common sense. Its hilarious to see Whyte and Hearn talking shyt considering Joshua ducked this guy to where Fury got the fight instead and Joshua threw the bag away. Whyte? Dude is a loser.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
:dwillhuh:
Wilder got boxed up even by fukking Washington before he stopped him, you gotta be kidding me man.

I'm not gonna argue with you about Lopez having less experience but the only reason Wilder didn't have to regain his buzz because he never really got it to begin with up until his Stiverne rematch.

That's so XXI. century btw, cause the rematch version of Stiverne was a trash opponent even among other trash opponents he has faced up until that point but the KO became a meme and that finally did the job that they couldn't do for years, it sold Wilder and a lot of ppl started to hop on his train even though he was a belt holder for 3 years up until that point.

Wilder was never a blue-chip prospect like Lopez and despite his Olympic bronze and apparent power nobody really gave a shyt about him until that point cause he didn't look good enough. He only started to gain wider recognition with flattening washed ass Stiverne. Then suddenly we were full of "hardcore Wilder fans" who for some reason were real quiet about stanning him before that :heh:

and wtf does this have to do with c00ns? Wilder just doesn't compare to the late US HW greats and you only gotta be a reasonable boxing fan to see that, not a c00n.
He got boxed up yet stopped him in easy fashion. Thats the Wilder matrix.Been the Wilder matrix for years and here we are in 2020 with Fury doing what everyone couldnt. You make hit a million damn smilies and that reality still hasn't changed.

Wilder has had big highlight reel KOS for the last 5 years. Where the fukk you think the hype for him against Joshua comes from? Joshua is thanking God Fury beat him so he can avoid and never face him and not get KO'd like Brezaele.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
Funny thing is, I still think Wilder would KO Joshua. Joshua can box, but he is defensively irresponsible, more so than Fury. Plus Joshua aint as big as Fury to just gain weight and bulldoze over Wilder like Fury did.

@patscorpio I still think it's funny Fury had to become a weight bully to beat a non boxing ass nikka. :russ:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Funny thing is, I still think Wilder would KO Joshua. Joshua can box, but he is defensively irresponsible, more so than Fury. Plus Joshua aint as big as Fury to just gain weight and bulldoze over Wilder like Fury did.

@patscorpio I still think it's funny Fury had to become a weight bully to beat a non boxing ass nikka. :russ:

thats the thing...fury has always done that..its nothing new..fury boxed this dude 2 different ways and won both fights in my eyes..ive never thought much of fury at all even before he beat wlad...ive always though fury was lucky he's kept his zero all this time and he is the one heavy that did :gucci:...that wallin fight was a good reminder of how struggle fury always was to me

but i recognize he does have a ring IQ...if fury faces joshua and beats him clear and clean then i have no problem if somebody wants to call him an ATG and best heavy of his generation :hubie:

now if joshua beats fury i would still need him to go clean up wilder to complete the cypher before id call him the best heavy in this generation

wilder is under the gun - he has to beat fury in this 3rd fight or that is his legacy no matter what he does after

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
The 4 fights i'm talking about is Ortiz twice and Fury twice (not Stiverne) btw
But end of the day the only other HW who resume is even comparable over the last 2 yrs is Joshua and he has the same backfiring matchup issue with Ruiz, tho Fury was obviously considered more of a risk than Ruiz was at the time of those respective fights.
I get what you saying about Ortiz resume being light but that's the classic issue with guys who been "ducked". the excuse is always that they never fought anyone or some variation of that. Off the eye test and the fact he won majority rounds against Wilder I think it's fair to say he is quality opponent and not some hype job.
I think you gotta give Wilder credit for the rematchs against Ortiz and Fury cause he lost the majority of rounds in both of the original fights and Ortiz basically had him out on his feet in their first match. There was clear risk in fighting both those guys again

Wilder is a bronze medalist with borderline novice level skills that his handlers carefully crafted a career with. He overachieved like hell. Nothing more too it. Ortiz is a C+/B- dude. Of course he gonna stand out on a resume as thin as Wilders. PBC did Wilder a disservice. They could have gotten him used to a pressure style by rolling the dice on Kownaci, but instead went the safe route with Ortiz rematch. Now both ended up taking career ass whippings when they could have fought each other. Ortiz wasn't even ducked like that. They just kept him in shytty fights so he can be an opponent for Wilder. nikkas forget that the Jennings fight was competitive before the stoppage. Who knows how well Ortiz would have done against another guy of that caliber or maybe someone with even less mileage than Jennings.

Ruiz was a better fight than the super soldier nikka that was scheduled for Joshua. That's not even a cherry pick. More like an upgrade he took lightly. Of course the guy that upset Wlad would be considered a bigger risk than Ruiz. But the point still remains that Fury was at his worst going into the first fight. Nobody can dispute that. That's why it was a cherry pick. Now was it one of the juiciest cherry picks of all time. No. Fury was still a threat, but not enough to be the favorite going in.

Oh and of course I give Wilder credit for the Fury rematch. He did exactly what I said he would do. :mjgrin:
Get his non boxing ass knocked the fukk out in 7 rounds :mjlol:

LauderdaleBoss

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
thats the thing...fury has always done that..its nothing new..fury boxed this dude 2 different ways and won both fights in my eyes..ive never thought much of fury at all even before he beat wlad...ive always though fury was lucky he's kept his zero all this time and he is the one heavy that did :gucci:...that wallin fight was a good reminder of how struggle fury always was to me

but i recognize he does have a ring IQ...if fury faces joshua and beats him clear and clean then i have no problem if somebody wants to call him an ATG and best heavy of his generation :hubie:

now if joshua beats fury i would still need him to go clean up wilder to complete the cypher before id call him the best heavy in this generation

wilder is under the gun - he has to beat fury in this 3rd fight or that is his legacy no matter what he does after

If GGG legacy hung on beating Canelo (officially), then you know got damn well Wilder has to beat Fury in the 3rd fight.
Prolly gotta beat him in 2k and a foot race afterwards too. :mjlol:

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
If GGG legacy hung on beating Canelo (officially), then you know got damn well Wilder has to beat Fury in the 3rd fight.
Prolly gotta beat him in 2k and a foot race afterwards too. :mjlol:

Nah bro. GGG was considered p4p #1(:mjlol:) at one point. Wilder has never been on anybody P4P list. GGG rightfully has higher expectations of him than Wilder.

LauderdaleBoss

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Nah bro. GGG was considered p4p #1(:mjlol:) at one point. Wilder has never been on anybody P4P list. GGG rightfully has higher expectations of him than Wilder.

It don't matter nikka cuz his legacy still hung on that winning that fight. nikkas needed something to justify the p4p 1 slot since some people shytted on his title defenses.
Same reason Max came out with his video evaluating GGG career after the Derevenchencko fight.
Even with all the hype you nikkas thought GGG had, nobody was ranking him above guys like Hopkins, Hagler, Monzon, etc...dudes said he was HOF and that was it.

Wilder on the other hand had nikkas thinking he had a better resume than Mike Tysons. Some nikkas as well as media outlets were already saying Wilder one of the hardest punching heavys ever, just based off knocking out Ortiz hyped up ass.:hhh:
nikkas were giving Wilder atg props breh even though he supposededly had no expectations. :mjlol:

Im just keeping it real. but :manny:

Conscious Pilot

Do Better.
Daps
Reppin
Beaches and Palm Trees
im just waiting to see what happens if michael hunter jr somehow makes it to the next level and blows up..see if ppl will come out of the woodwork for him :heh:
Don’t see it ...

He kinda fights a boring style( to casuals)and that draw with Povetkin did him no favors. Probably will be built to fight AJ down like Big Baby was .. except Hunter actually got the goods.